Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 0-1 Brentford

Happy Wanderer

• The topic was pinned
37 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

PFA are putting money in to pay the players, so they will play and go out with their heads held high

Are they? Surely that goes against their advice to strike and supporting that action?

Edited by Matty

Be intetesting to see which players actually turn out for us if match goes ahead on weds. They know they will get dogs abuse and know in most (if not all) cases they wont be here next season. Think most will swerve it. Actually it probably be played behind closed doors with a scratch team. Brentford would prob be happy ro send their reserved but i bet EFL rules wont allow it. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, snowball said:

Be intetesting to see which players actually turn out for us if match goes ahead on weds. They know they will get dogs abuse and know in most (if not all) cases they wont be here next season. Think most will swerve it. Actually it probably be played behind closed doors with a scratch team. Brentford would prob be happy ro send their reserved but i bet EFL rules wont allow it. 

Apparently Brentford have offered to match their kids up to ours.

Presumably the efl would have to permit it as they suggested we play ours in the first place.

3 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

it'll be administration not liquidation.

very big difference pal.

If there’s no buyer sorted then surely HMRC will be pushing for liquidation? They’ve been after the blood of a football club for years. The ‘playing immediately after liquidation’ scenario is out of the window now anyway with the game pencilled in for Tuesday. 

Will stick by my initial thoughts of waiting for the team to be announced, though there is a part of me saying to turn up anyway just in case it does turn out to be the end.