Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

32 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Read government guidelines are 20% initially to rise to 30% based on X Y and Z 

On that basis, 5.5k? 

that was relating to the PL though so could be different lower down but don’t know how / why? 

Assuming we are going to have to "take it in turns" to go to games initially, there will be times where a 5 year old kid that's been dragged there, paying an average £2, is having a snooze at the game while a died in the wool Wanderer who's not missed a home game for 30 years is sat at home kicking every ball.  Unavoidable I know, but frustrating, you want to think everyone there really deserves to be.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Assuming we are going to have to "take it in turns" to go to games initially, there will be times where a 5 year old kid that's been dragged there, paying an average £2, is having a snooze at the game while a died in the wool Wanderer who's not missed a home game for 30 years is sat at home kicking every ball.  Unavoidable I know, but frustrating, you want to think everyone there really deserves to be.

Given the number of non-attending season tickets at any given game, I'm hoping there's some way of opting out one way or another if you know you can't make it.

That said, in your example, what about the adult who takes said 5 year old kid? They've paid money just like anyone else and probably haven't missed a game in a long while themselves and it is either take the kid to the game or miss out yourself.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

This elderly luddite has managed to renew although couldnt get recognition of my CR no.Therefore didnt get the lifeline discount .Still better in than quibbling over a few quid like Victor Meldrew.Life's too short.

woh, where did i quibble?

50 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Last time we were in the 4th division, we did well to get that attendance as a whole.

Yes but football was on its arse back then Everton got less than 12k for a top level game against Coventry  and they had won the title a few years earlier and got 20k for a home Man Utd game .  Chelsea had some horrible attendance also it’s a time a lot of clubs like to forgot . At least we were in division 4 looks good compared 

Edited by Farnywhite

3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Speaking to an elderly chap today who’s not renewing as there’s no confirmation on how/if the matchday bus will run

he certainly won’t be the only one in that position 

The old bloke that's sat behind me for the last 10 years in ESL comes on the bus, I know for certain he wont have another means of travelling to the game and he I also know he wont entertain the modern method  of getting a ticket on line.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

Yes but football was on its arse back then Everton got less than 12k for a top level game against Coventry  and they had won the title a few years earlier and got 20k for a home Man Utd game .  Chelsea had some horrible attendance also it’s a time a lot of clubs like to forgot . At least we were in division 4 looks good compared 

Of course. The current rate of sales is still good. No obvious sign of the neglect and disinterest that was around then.

Just shows how football has come on is sorting out its problems. 

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Given the number of non-attending season tickets at any given game, I'm hoping there's some way of opting out one way or another if you know you can't make it.

That said, in your example, what about the adult who takes said 5 year old kid? They've paid money just like anyone else and probably haven't missed a game in a long while themselves and it is either take the kid to the game or miss out yourself.

Yeah I do realise that, I've done it myself, taking my lad when he didnt know what was going on. Still frustrating though!  Good point about opting out, especially night matches, if there were 5,000 allowed to go, they could pick 5,000 plus say 1,000 to be on a standby list.  The club will know who hasnt turned up and there could be a system whereby if you dont turn up when its your turn, without giving reasonable notice, you lose your right next time, or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

The old bloke that's sat behind me for the last 10 years in ESL comes on the bus, I know for certain he wont have another means of travelling to the game and he I also know he wont entertain the modern method  of getting a ticket on line.

I reckon out of season ticket holders a good 1k use the service If not more 

now I’ve seen on a Facebook group that someone has made contact with the club & tyrers and both said unsure to what is happening. I’ve said for years that the bus service is crucial for our support the olds and young kids rely on it 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I reckon out of season ticket holders a good 1k use the service If not more 

now I’ve seen on a Facebook group that someone has made contact with the club & tyrers and both said unsure to what is happening. I’ve said for years that the bus service is crucial for our support the olds and young kids rely on it 

Yep.

Public transport is still running, so in theory they could put buses on. Current restrictions would have to apply, but so be it.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep.

Public transport is still running, so in theory they could put buses on. Current restrictions would have to apply, but so be it.

I will do executive transfers for 20 a head return Within Bolton/bury every home game 😁

well I won’t but will be my motor. Community spirit is alive and well 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep.

I don’t use the bus but aren’t they restricted and some seats out of use

not as much last season but over the years soon as it pulls into little lever it’s rammed and sometimes standing room 

3 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

There’s been social distancing on those buses for years. Amazed they’ve gone on for so long to be honest 

Couldn’t imagine any need to increase bus numbers due to reduced capacity 

Some routes maybe

used to have 2 running from Radcliffe 

midweek games can be sparse but folk use them 

5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

All things considered if they removed the "early purchase deadline" it would ease things a bit.  I've been waiting for a call for a couple of days with a few queries.  I'm away next week and unlikely to be in a situation where I can respond at the exact time they ring me back. With no prospect of going to a game soon I don't care how long it takes but I'd be a bit miffed if it was getting near the deadline.  They should help the ticket office staff by extending the deadline as loads of folk will be going on hols in next week or 2.

Emailed the ticket office on Tuesday and got my call back just as I was walking to my front door tonight after a 70 minute drive home from work. Perfect timing and three season tickets renewed. With you on extending the deadline if there are still issues outstanding, they seem to be getting through the punters pretty quickly though and still about two weeks to go so maybe there will be no need mate.

5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The club should definitely look at ways of opting out if reduced attendances are going to be an issue, I'm a good example as I have tickets for my wife, who will attend occasionally, and our grandson who isn't two until mid-October who will hardly attend at all, when he does it'll most likely be later in the season when, hopefully, restrictions may be lifting. If one, two or even all three of us aren't going to attend it will free space up for somebody who can.

Not sure why in Jonny's example adult can't go if kid isn't, although nobody who isn't in the same household can sit next to the adult maybe the extra empty seat may allow a bit of gap closing and allow an extra fan in further down the row perhaps?