Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Downlifting Songs.

leigh white

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

They kept playing that blackdog by arlo parks on the wireless recently. Fuck me It made me want to get in bed everytime I heard it and sob.

Her new ones a cracker though.

Won't be so hard?? Or something like that. If so, they've been playing it on 6 music last couple of weeks and it's a good un alright. Without wanting to sound like a massive bummer, it's done me well when I've heard it as well recently, with some of the shit I've got going on at the minute. Always nice to find I tune that sort of helps you through some stuff. 

35 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Accidentally Like A Martyr by Warren Zevon was the first to come into my head. 

My Favourite Dress great example as well altho possibly the owder u get the less you remember what Gedge is singing about felt like.

Warren should also be in the underrated category  

Edited by tyldesley_white

10 hours ago, boogs said:

Won't be so hard?? Or something like that. If so, they've been playing it on 6 music last couple of weeks and it's a good un alright. Without wanting to sound like a massive bummer, it's done me well when I've heard it as well recently, with some of the shit I've got going on at the minute. Always nice to find I tune that sort of helps you through some stuff. 

Yeah thats the one. Belter and lyrics like you say certainly resonate.

Same goes for black dog really but jesus it puts you back under.

Whilst I'm being all queer about singer birds, I love london grammers new one. Some voice that lass, deffo needs chucking on a trance number.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

London Grammar are really good. If you want downlifting, then listen to The Family Tree by Radical Face - 3 albums of brilliance. Or.... Hospice by The Antlers (still the greatest album of all time)

Strong by London Grammar is a cracker, her voice is something else 

I see nobody’s mentioned Nick Drake yet  who was a genius. But pink moon is basically an album telling everyone he was going to top himself and he did . But there’s another track think it’s on a demo compilation or summat called black eyed dog Which is particularly disturbing 

50 minutes ago, emus wig said:

I see nobody’s mentioned Nick Drake yet  who was a genius. But pink moon is basically an album telling everyone he was going to top himself and he did . But there’s another track think it’s on a demo compilation or summat called black eyed dog Which is particularly disturbing 

Aye I had an album of his, it was a bit depressing but he had a great voice.

Badly Drawn boy was along the same lines.