Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Famous Wanderers

white noise

rapper akon said he was back in premier league days when Diouf  Played for us . Heard mentioned once about some guy who was drummer in ac/dc . Also World Cup winner and Liverpool legend. Roger hunt was a wanderer and Everton legend Tommy Lawton supported the whites 

Edited by Farnywhite

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

rapper akon said he was back in premier league days when Diouf  Played for us . Heard mentioned once about some guy who was drummer in ac/dc . Also World Cup winner and Liverpool legend. Roger hunt was a wanderer and Everton legend Tommy Lawton supported the whites 

Acdc chap wasnt a wanderer

Just a mate of john mcgovern

5 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Wondered were that rumour can from had heard it once or twice over the years 

McGovern is mates with Brian Johnson. Was pictured in one of the music papers of the time with a Wanderers top on. I've got the picture. I'll send it to Cassie to put on.

I remember covering one of my school books with an article from  Sounds about Brian Johnson ( a Geordie)  and he was pictured in a BWFC sweatshirt. As mentioned above he was a mate of John McGovern and helped promote lifeline. Think it was around the same time in the early 80's that I watched him with AC/DC at the Apollo. 

14 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I think Sean Ryder wore a Wanderers' shirt in one of their videos but I don't think he was ever a fan.

Yeah an old fashioned one for England's Irie Euro 96 song with Black Grape & Keith Allen. 

Was TOTP as Cas says, its on YouTube. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan