Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Discuss

jayjayoghani

• Site Supporter

If he'd kept his feet on the outfield and leant in to catch it would you agree that it'd be out despite the ball being caught over the boundary?

I don't think the fielder's feet were grounded while ball was in hand at any time. Out for me but it'd take a few camera angles to decide though. At local cricket it'd be a six.

• Site Supporter

Out. Not sure what the debate is. We've seen blokes catching it in the air beyond the rope, and lobbing in back in either to someone else or to themselves as they move back across the rope.

Ok he takes an extra set of jumps but fine for me.

Excellent, innovative fielding.

• 8 months later...
  • Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Traf said:

Personally, I think it's bollocks.
Once it breaks the plane of the boundary it's a 6 IMO. 

The rules/laws would have to be amended. That would mean a fielder stood just inside the rope couldn't lean back a tad and catch it just beyond the rope, so long as his feet don't go over. Be very dull then.

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The rules/laws would have to be amended. That would mean a fielder stood just inside the rope couldn't lean back a tad and catch it just beyond the rope, so long as his feet don't go over. Be very dull then.

OK, a fielder can't leave the field of play on purpose without an umpire's permission. 5 run penalty.

• Site Supporter
19 hours ago, Traf said:

OK, a fielder can't leave the field of play on purpose without an umpire's permission. 5 run penalty.

I'm pretty sure that if its part of an aft of play that its already permitted within the rules. In essence not allowing so could potentially risk injury or lack of effort which would make it even worse.

Anyway, you don't like cricket, so anything which weakens it would be right up your street!

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm pretty sure that if its part of an aft of play that its already permitted within the rules. In essence not allowing so could potentially risk injury or lack of effort which would make it even worse.

Anyway, you don't like cricket, so anything which weakens it would be right up your street!

• Site Supporter
22 hours ago, DazBob said:

Odd that for someone who doesn't like cricket I've seen him at numerous local games.

Pretty sure I remember him making some jocular remark about killing cricket, might be wrong of course.

Are you sure he wasn't just on the piss, clubs are a fine place to go for a gentle, relaxing pint.

Either way, he's still wrong about the fielding. 

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Pretty sure I remember him making some jocular remark about killing cricket, might be wrong of course.

Are you sure he wasn't just on the piss, clubs are a fine place to go for a gentle, relaxing pint.

Either way, he's still wrong about the fielding. 

Besides the drinking, how many other reasons are there? 😃