Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Nicknames Folk Give You For The Area You Live In in.

leigh white

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Salford football teams called us LH lads Crofters and Bolton teams called us Spillers. LH teams always stuck between rock and a hard place back in the day. 

The Bronx

Upsets me now Kenyon Way has gone soft. Up until 10-15 years ago some teams were genuinely intimidated. I remember Ladybridge had some sort of blog, and seemed to shit themselves everytime they played us

17 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

The Bronx

Upsets me now Kenyon Way has gone soft. Up until 10-15 years ago some teams were genuinely intimidated. I remember Ladybridge had some sort of blog, and seemed to shit themselves everytime they played us

Not many came to LH without fear, worst away venues were Kersal flats and Top of the brow playing the rocket, also got chased off Queen’s Park by 100 Pakistanis with cricket bats when match against Bolton Asians got abandoned half way through. 😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

The Bronx

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not many came to LH without fear, worst away venues were Kersal flats and Top of the brow playing the rocket, also got chased off Queen’s Park by 100 Pakistanis with cricket bats when match against Bolton Asians got abandoned half way through. 😂

My kids both played football and had the pleasure of playing behind The Duke. I'm convinced that the teams at home taught the parents to be ultra-aggressive and just plain nasty fuckers. Horrible feral fuckers they were. 

9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

My kids both played football and had the pleasure of playing behind The Duke. I'm convinced that the teams at home taught the parents to be ultra-aggressive and just plain nasty fuckers. Horrible feral fuckers they were. 

Dukesgate, North Walkden, (LH really) it’s in the LH psyche to defend their territory, know the chairman of NW he’s top fella, but I do know that they have a reputation.  

9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

See, that's the other side of spice. Nowadays, those horrible feral fuckers are too off their beak to welcome you. 

Dukes still under the same stewardship as Kendo after all these years btw

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Dukesgate, North Walkden, (LH really) it’s in the LH psyche to defend their territory, know the chairman of NW he’s top fella, but I do know that they have a reputation.  

Ssshhh, don't like to talk about it. 

We've moved on, and if anyone disagrees 🤕

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Fairly sure they got done for playing kids too old for agegroup. 

Would've been a long time ago if so MickyD. I've just handed my team over, we don't play overage, but in exceptional circumstances will let a player move up a year until u11. 

It was fairly common in LH 20+ years ago when there simply weren't enough grass roots sides in the area. All change now. 

• Site Supporter

Played NW loads of times  over the last few years and always found them spot on to be honest . Good set of lads ( and girls) and a good set up. 

Always enjoyed going there and then to us if I’m honest .

this would be u10 -u14 with lads who are now u17 so a few years ago