Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rail cards

Biggish Dave

15 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Booked 4 tickets to MK Dons using 2 x 2 together cards. One of the party now can’t go. Is it possible to upgrade 2 of the tickets to normal price before you travel?

We've got "Two Together " railcards. Never been asked to show the railcard yet. Worth a chance? 

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Booked 4 tickets to MK Dons using 2 x 2 together cards. One of the party now can’t go. Is it possible to upgrade 2 of the tickets to normal price before you travel?

I think so but they'll charge you a tenner per transaction.

You can usually email them but they're in some call centre & they just stick to the rule book without any latitude/common sense.

5 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I fancied that, it’s the pissing about with jabs and shit that’s put me off.   I fancied the first test, just a week.

I've been to Sri Lanka for times, love it (or did before loads of Russians rocked up), never once had any jabs /vacinations

6 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I've been to Sri Lanka for times, love it (or did before loads of Russians rocked up), never once had any jabs /vacinations

I Travelled a chunk of the East from China down to New Zealand. No jags before I went. 
had to get rabies vaccination in Bali after I got mauled by a dog (not the missus) 

but other than that never had any issues with anything you will be reet without them  I agree don’t let them put you off 

21 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

With the £10 admin fee per ticket to upgrade to full whack plus the cost of the upgrade, it’ll probably work out easier for whoever is using them to just buy a Two Together Railcard between them. Little difference in cost and the two of them are sorted for cheap trains for a year. You can be on as many Two Together cards as you want.