Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

8 hours ago, gonzo said:

See theyre coming after Burnham now on the socials. MP's and sources twisting the knife.

Bunch of cunts.

That letter “tweeted” from the ) Tory MP’s is an absolute disgrace. 

The public are seeing straight through it at least & it will was up being an own goal.

And I’m glad my MP (Tory) has stayed away from it after backing AB

Remember our PM did this to get in power in the first place so these actions should be no surprise. I’ve gone from relatively neutral to absolutely hating this shower and many folk I know are the same....as Cas says I think it could fuck then in the long run 

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

The public are seeing straight through it at least & it will was up being an own goal.

Remember our PM did this to get in power in the first place so these actions should be no surprise. I’ve gone from relatively neutral to absolutely hating this shower and many folk I know are the same....as Cas says I think it could fuck then in the long run 

Do you mean this letter. If so they have a point. Burnham grandstanding.... never. 

55 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Boris doesn’t care about the Conservative Party so he won’t mind what damage he does. He’s a self serving wanker, one of the worst for it 

We knew as much when he decided to campaign to leave the EU after spending years being pro remain. So much so he wrote 2 letters, one supporting remain, the other leave, before deciding which way would work for him best (rather than what’s best for the country) 

May, Cameron, Brown & Blair all light years ahead of him in terms of country & party loyalty

Only 4 more years of him unfortunately, however I think he will get bored and quit before then 

4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Boris doesn’t care about the Conservative Party so he won’t mind what damage he does. He’s a self serving wanker, one of the worst for it 

We knew as much when he decided to campaign to leave the EU after spending years being pro remain. So much so he wrote 2 letters, one supporting remain, the other leave, before deciding which way would work for him best (rather than what’s best for the country) 

May, Cameron, Brown & Blair all light years ahead of him in terms of country & party loyalty

Only 4 more years of him unfortunately, however I think he will get bored and quit before then 

Rumours sooner rather than later. Night of the long knives methinks. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

10 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Add to that leading us in to a no trade deal while the countries economy will be at its weakest since money was inveneted.

• Site Supporter

Boris cares only about Boris and whatever Cummings asks him to care about.

Regarding Burnham, I ask again - who else was prepared to go toe to toe with those cunts in London???

I’ll make it easy - nobody.

• Members

Predictions of the reds getting in the next time around are probably correct. Experience has taught me that it won't be too long before they are booted out again. The electorate gets bored and wants a change so gives them a chance.

You only have to look at some of the absolute clowns (or those with sinister intent) lurking in their ranks to work out what mayhem will inevitably follow. Abbot, Lammy, McCluskey, Sarkar and the extremists in Momentum? You'll just love the unions running the country again and leaving you in the dark in the middle of winter or rat infested rubbish piles on the pavements. Enjoy.

27 minutes ago, Spider said:

Boris cares only about Boris and whatever Cummings asks him to care about.

Regarding Burnham, I ask again - who else was prepared to go toe to toe with those cunts in London???

I’ll make it easy - nobody.

Burnham fought the wrong battle, should of argued to keep tier 2, sadly he wanted to play Billy big bollocks and ended getting the worst of all worlds. 

1 minute ago, bolty58 said:

Predictions of the reds getting in the next time around are probably correct. Experience has taught me that it won't be too long before they are booted out again. The electorate gets bored and wants a change so gives them a chance.

You only have to look at some of the absolute clowns (or those with sinister intent) lurking in their ranks to work out what mayhem will inevitably follow. Abbot, Lammy, McCluskey, Sarkar and the extremists in Momentum? You'll just love the unions running the country again and leaving you in the dark in the middle of winter or rat infested rubbish piles on the pavements. Enjoy.

Sadly the escape route is currently in the hands of the far left, that’s gonna be a shit show pretty soon. 

13 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I was interested to see how the FTSE "recovery" compared to other major stock exchanges. Below are the index figures for 19 February 2020 (just before the COVID falls), then 19 October 2020 (now), then what % of the February 2020 figure it is currently at (as at 19 October).

The FTSE is miles behind. Paris is the only one fairly close in terms of weakness of recovery. The likes of USA, India, Japan, Germany are all back to over 90% of where they were pre-COVID. 

For (perhaps only my) interest, I've also put the % fall from 19 Feb 2020 to the lowest post-COVID close, to see how much they fell. Interestingly, the UK didn't fall as much as the likes of the Dow Jones, DAX, CAC - so it's not a case of having fallen the most, we have the largest amount to recover.

China bucks the trend... 💣

FTSE - 7,457 (Feb), 5,884 (Oct), 78.9% of Feb figure.  Fall  from Feb to lowest - 33.0%

Dow Jones (USA) - 29,232 (Feb), 28,195 (Oct), 96.5% of Feb figure.  Fall from Feb to lowest - 35.4%

Nikkei (Japan) - 23,400 (Feb), 23,671 (Oct), 101.2% of Feb figure.  Fall from Feb to lowest - 29.3%

DAX (Germany) - 13,789 (Feb), 12,854 (Oct), 93.2% of Feb figure.  Fall from Feb to lowest - 38.8%

CAC (Paris) - 6,111 (Feb), 4,935 (Oct), 80.8% of Feb figure.  Fall from Feb to lowest - 38.6%

Hang Seng (Hong Kong) - 27,655 (Feb), 24,542 (Oct), 88.7% of Feb figure.  Fall from Feb to lowest - 21.5%

BSE (India) - 41,323 (Feb), 40,431 (Oct), 97.8% of Feb figure.  Fall from Feb to lowest - 37.1%

SSE (Shanghai)* - 3,095 (20 Jan), 3,316 (21 Sept), 107.1% of Jan figure. Fall from Jan to lowest - 14%.

* the SSE figures are a month earlier, because the "crash" happened earlier in China. I've also pulled back the "recovery" by a month.

If you are having a dig at the UK, then I would look at the FTSE250 as a comparator, as 70% of the earnings of FTSE100 companies are from overseas.

3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Yet you didn’t like it when Burnham did it 🤣🤣🤣

He fought the wrong battle... all because he wanted to grandstand and cared more about rebuilding the red wall rather than making the case for tier 2 so business could remain open. And you have to hold some cards, he should of stacked at 60 million. 😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Burnham fought the wrong battle, should of argued to keep tier 2, sadly he wanted to play Billy big bollocks and ended getting the worst of all worlds. 

Who should have done the negotiating then?

I didn’t see a queue forming.

3 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

I have no interest in the far left getting in power but this lot has been the worst govt in my lifetime. And by some margin

• Members
Just now, jules_darby said:

I have no interest in the far left getting in power but this lot has been the worst govt in my lifetime. And by some margin

You are blaming them for the Chinese virus and still bitter about Brexit so I'll take that comment with the Dead Sea.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Who should have done the negotiating then?

I didn’t see a queue forming.

No problem with him negotiating, but he fucked up should have pushed for tier 2 to remain and then if that wasn’t an angle that the government were going to approve then accept the extra money with gratitude, instead he thought he could call the shots, and was rightly hung out to dry. He’s a self serving prick. 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sadly the escape route is currently in the hands of the far left, that’s gonna be a shit show pretty soon. 

No way labour will lurch that far left for the foreseeable after their shitshow of the last 10 years. 

Same goes for conservatives. 

Middle for diddle wins next time. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolty58 said:

You are blaming them for the Chinese virus and still bitter about Brexit so I'll take that comment with the Dead Sea.

😁😁😁

A Tory could shit in your mouth and bum your wife and you’d still vote for them.

Your comments on the matter don’t really count

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

No problem with him negotiating, but he fucked up should have pushed for tier 2 to remain and then if that wasn’t an angle that the government were going to approve then accept the extra money with gratitude, instead he thought he could call the shots, and was rightly hung out to dry. He’s a self serving prick. 

Once all of the other deals are done, I hope people will see that. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

So

You can’t answer the question then.

He was the only show in town.