Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just now, Spider said:

At least Burnham did his job and stood up to the cunts.

He was never likely to win, but they need reminding that they can’t just do whatever they like and tell Nanny they’ll sulk if they don’t get their own way.

Did his job? Tell you what if that’s what you think his job is then we are poles apart on that line of thinking 

• Site Supporter
Just now, boltondiver said:

Chris Green MP;

Bolton has been through a far tougher lockdown than Tier 3 and it didn’t work. The government believes that three weeks of closing pubs and soft play centres will make a dramatic difference. It hasn’t and it won’t. I am disappointed that this lockdown has been imposed and I don’t believe the science supports this action. I think the health and economic impact will be damaging to our community but we have to do all we can to respect these rules since they have been imposed.

Thats what he said last week, specifically that our extra measures didn't stop the rate rising.

On that he was wrong. It did work, and actually the numbers started to come down. That's why we came out of them and went back into the same measures as the rest of Greater Manchester with pubs open etc. They have since risen again.

On that basis, remaining as we are now isnt going to work. Tier 3 has a better chance, but even then it might not. We know where that might lead.

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Too right; Burnham is a twat

Just now, Escobarp said:

Did his job? Tell you what if that’s what you think his job is then we are poles apart on that line of thinking 

And the govt have handled this well?

Come through for the people of GM?

really?

Just now, Escobarp said:

It’s like someone doing a sales job offered a 60m contract plays the big I am and walks away with 40m. If I did that job I would get sacked 

8 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

All over the news last week. He approved it for one town, his mate the MP for that town approved it for his town.

Passed me by that one I must admit. Surely they're doing based on population level though? Or it it just a geographical split?

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

really?

I haven't said that, but my view on Burnham

4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Fuck that. Where's the fun in that?

Indeed

17:32

It's not clear how much money Greater Manchester is getting

6531b85c-9a5b-450a-8f0d-452bc88eda7f.jpg

Jessica Parker

BBC political correspondent

Key question from BBC’s Vicki Young: what’s happened to the tens of millions of pounds to help Greater Manchester businesses and workers? It isn’t clear.

And remember that’s what leaders and government have been haggling over all day.

Yes the area gets £22m but that’s a baseline per head figure, for tier-three areas, to help with things like testing and enforcement.

Boris Johnson says he couldn’t do a deal with Greater Manchester that would have been out of kilter with agreements already reached with tier-three areas Merseyside and Lancashire.

So at the moment it’s just not clear whether that support for businesses is gone for Greater Manchester, or still up for negotiation.

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Passed me by that one I must admit. Surely they're doing based on population level though? Or it it just a geographical split?

It was not related to Covid. He approved a grant for a constituency and the MP for that constituency returned the favour. A development grant I think. 

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Northern Ireland delayed their up and coming GCSE November exam series by 2 weeks!

Its fucking pointless, covid will still be about 2 weeks later.

The English GCSE exams window is from Nov 2nd to 9th, if they follow NI and moved it 2 weeks down the line, it wouldn't make one bit of difference. 

We have to start living with this sooner or later, cancelling, delaying, lockdowns are not going to make any difference, closing pubs but leaving restaurants open means everyone is going to pile in restaurants and pubs who didnt serve food will now be banging out pasty and peas and chicken in a basket!!

You could be at the stage very soon that if you have a heart attack - there won't be a bed or anybody to treat you. You'll just die. 

That's what this is all about.

• Site Supporter

Going back to Ian watson comments earlier. He said that health Secretary was in talks with MPs about funnelling money directly to the constituent authorities for business support. Effectively marginalising the mayor. Just repeated it again. Hancock making a statement at 7.00pm.

We'll see what happens in the next few days.

Just now, Spider said:

The only mistake Burnham has made is to not be a Tory.

Hes bang on. It’s about those on the lowest wages, who are being fucked over.

Notwithstanding that he wants a national lockdown 

Not even the scientists want that any longer

17 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

really?

Where have I said that? We are talking  about Andy burnham are we not? If not my mistake I genuinely thought that was who we were conversing about ? Not boris or anyone just burnham?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Notwithstanding that he wants a national lockdown 

Not even the scientists want that any longer

He wants it to be fair, and consistent.

you watch every cunt head to Cornwall and the lakes next week. I know they are because everywhere is booked up 😁

Its dogshit, it really is.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Labour and the magic money tree rears it’s head again 

If you start at the wrong place, don’t be surprised at where you end up

Edited by boltondiver