Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

People who are congratulating SY I believe are congratulating them purely on speed of resolution? And point scoring by trying to make a point that’s what burnham should have done? 

aye, but it's probably due to it being a good deal for SY, and not a good deal for GM

if SY had been offered half of what they were, they probably wouldn't have been so quick

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

aye, but it's probably due to it being a good deal for SY, and not a good deal for GM

if SY had been offered half of what they were, they probably wouldn't have been so quick

But what are you basing this “good deal” on? We don’t know what the deal is or how it actually equates to support for the businesses and people impacted. This is my whole issue

• Moderators

But what are you basing this “good deal” on? We don’t know what the deal is or how it actually equates to support for the businesses and people impacted. This is my whole issue

exactly

and my point was why congratulate, and say "That’s how you do it.", regardless of how fast it was, if you've no idea what the deal entails or how they compare

that's why you get fag packet maths going on

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

exactly

and my point was why congratulate, and say "That’s how you do it.", regardless of how fast it was, if you've no idea what the deal entails or how they compare

He said: “We all recognise the gravity of the situation and have taken the responsible route to ensure we save lives and livelihoods, and protect our NHS.

That’s why I posted it.

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

exactly

Politics plain and simple. People point scoring. Same as people have been doing with burnham “that’s our leader” “man of the people” etc etc. there is no basis for anyone to be able to say if what he rejected was right or wrong. Simple as that. And it works in reverse as well. 

it’s getting more and more political by the day and the virus is almost a side show now sadly. 

37 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

I'm fairy sure Tier 3 isn't going to be enough for many areas, if the govmt want the R rate to get below 1.

Unless folk change their behaviour.

It's not happening from what I can see 

I went to the BP Garage at chequerbent last night - about 10 in, no distancing - not one had a mask on, the guy serving had it round his chin.  I was in a Garage in worsley a few hours before - same there. 

I know of a welfare officer at a local kids football club who sent their son into school despite him being told to isolate for 14 days by the club ( tracing didnt get in touch so "I'm just following the guidelines")

I know of a supermarket area manager who lied about where he'd been on holiday to his employees so he didnt have to quarantine, and could go into work. 

I know of mates who have holiday booked over half term out of the area - they're all still going.

It's not going to stop spreading at the same rate,  unless we reduce the amount of close contacts we make.

If we did this off our own back we wouldnt need any restrictions at all.

Folk make excuses for themselves, they think their actions will have no bearing. 

That's really bad. Hopefully you've seen the worst examples and it isn't like that everywhere.

My experiences down in that there (this here) London: I go to the supermarket - everyone wears a mask and makes an effort to be socially distanced. When I go to work, I go on the train and tube - everyone wears a mask (and when I travel, which is at the end of rush hour, every other seat is left empty). I fill the car up with petrol - everyone wears a mask. I meet up with friends - we do it at a park or in a garden. I might be out for drinks with mates tomorrow - we will be going to an outdoor venue and there will be 6 or fewer of us. It's shit, but that's what we need to do.

I know a load of people here who either tested positive or showed the symptoms back in March-May. It was rife. But I know of only 3 or 4 who have shown symptoms or tested positively in the last 3 or 4 months. They all self isolated immediately, until the test results came back (a couple positive and a couple negative). 

@Not in Crawley- you did the commute this week for the first time since March. How was it?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Politics plain and simple. People point scoring. Same as people have been doing with burnham “that’s our leader” “man of the people” etc etc. there is no basis for anyone to be able to say if what he rejected was right or wrong. Simple as that. And it works in reverse as well. 

it’s getting more and more political by the day and the virus is almost a side show now sadly. 

boris started it

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

He said: “We all recognise the gravity of the situation and have taken the responsible route to ensure we save lives and livelihoods, and protect our NHS.

That’s why I posted it.

and fair enough

basic fag packet maths suggest it was a good deal compared to GM

maybe it was, maybe it wasn't

I would like to think that would've been his response no mater the offer made

38 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

In the absence of owt else it'll do for now

Once the government let us know how they are working it out, we can revisit it

They don't do transparency. 

It helps to be vague then you can play one region against another.

That is the Cummings plan.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

exactly

All deals are going to be predominantly based around what has been agreed in places like lancs and Liverpool. Not going to start bumping it up.

The main premise for the tier 3 is rising cases and hospital admissions, accept and present the business case/formulae.

SY wouldn't have agreed a minimal package not in-line with other areas would they.

A far more amenable, professional approach by all.

Correct. Conservative Government blames Labour mayor and says he walked away from a good deal. Labour mayor blames Conservative Government and says they walked away and offered a bad deal. Conservative MPs write open letter criticising local Labour mayor for his actions.

Similar to London when there was the first lockdown. Conservative Government criticises Labour mayor for reducing public transport (at a time of lower demand), blaming him for packed tubes. Labour mayor criticises Conservative Government saying he needs more funding to be able to operate at full capacity. Conservative Government gives more money, but blames Labour mayor for poor finances and adds conditions on the bail out. Labour mayor criticises Conservative Government for adding conditions for political gain.

4 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Correct. Conservative Government blames Labour mayor and says he walked away from a good deal. Labour mayor blames Conservative Government and says they walked away and offered a bad deal. Conservative MPs write open letter criticising local Labour mayor for his actions.

Similar to London when there was the first lockdown. Conservative Government criticises Labour mayor for reducing public transport (at a time of lower demand), blaming him for packed tubes. Labour mayor criticises Conservative Government saying he needs more funding to be able to operate at full capacity. Conservative Government gives more money, but blames Labour mayor for poor finances and adds conditions on the bail out. Labour mayor criticises Conservative Government for adding conditions for political gain.

And the baying hoardes are adding to it all over social media. Country is more divided now than its ever been and it’s only going to get worse. 

• Site Supporter

Bolton Hospital is on the Black level alert, which is the highest.

Girl I know who works there says there's a lot of worried faces and they've been told to keep things off social media or they'll be in big trouble.

So if big brother is watching, I heard this off Dolly Busters who works on the crank ward.

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just shows how bad Labour are that I even would consider voting for the Tories. My vote should be a shoe in for Labour but sadly this current Labour Party don’t represent working class voters like me. 

You own a property in the UK and a property in Spain, you ain't working class

Edited by Sweep

4 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

That's really bad. Hopefully you've seen the worst examples and it isn't like that everywhere.

My experiences down in that there (this here) London: I go to the supermarket - everyone wears a mask and makes an effort to be socially distanced. When I go to work, I go on the train and tube - everyone wears a mask (and when I travel, which is at the end of rush hour, every other seat is left empty). I fill the car up with petrol - everyone wears a mask. I meet up with friends - we do it at a park or in a garden. I might be out for drinks with mates tomorrow - we will be going to an outdoor venue and there will be 6 or fewer of us. It's shit, but that's what we need to do.

I know a load of people here who either tested positive or showed the symptoms back in March-May. It was rife. But I know of only 3 or 4 who have shown symptoms or tested positively in the last 3 or 4 months. They all self isolated immediately, until the test results came back (a couple positive and a couple negative). 

@Not in Crawley- you did the commute this week for the first time since March. How was it?

From my experience it depends on the shop - If I go to Tesco, almost everyone has a mask on - go to the garage or local shop, folk can't be arsed. 

At the  Eddie Davies there's a load of rules that we get sent every week and an online form we have to fill in before every session or match.

Players don't share travel, no parents allowed to watch training, at matches 1 parent per player, parents wear masks, distance (there's cones set out on the touchline, every 2 M), stay in cars until just before kick off, yet every session so far, there's always a few who break every rule,  carry on as normal, some folk just aren't arsed.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Boris just said it’s reviewed every 28 days.

Thought it was a fortnight?

Whats the actual chances of getting out of tier 3?

I thought it was every 28 days, so I reckon at least 2 lots of Tier 3.....which takes us very close to Christmas

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Good stuff.

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

So folk with property can’t be working class. 😂🤣😂

There are very few people who are working class these days, we've moved on. Working class people strive to get to "Middle Class" so don't see it as a bad thing mate, you should be pleased that you don't have to scrimp and save and work payday to payday to survive. I'm not sure that working class people own two properties in reality (if we're talking about the class system in the real way)

I know, for some, it's a badge of honour (for some reason) to say they're working class. I've got a mate who does the same, yet he owns a maintenance firm, employs about 30 people, goes on holiday numerous times a year (usually) and owns property here, Spain and Florida that are worth a combined value in excess of £1.5M, and he pays him self around £120K per year, for the c20 hours a week he works.......still has the balls to tell people he's "working class". Is he bollocks

Edited by Sweep