Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

The EU have fucked up on this and they know it.

The strides we’ve made so far are humiliating for them 

without a doubt, it's great that at present we're so far ahead of them with the vaccination roll out. I was on a call with our German office this morning, and they said they're only at about 1.5% of their population vaccinated so far, and we're at pretty much 10%

44 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "sticking up" for the EU here at all, but you can't suggest that if a customer has a product on order (which they have) that they aren't allowed to chase it up and expect promised delivery dates to be met before they've finished their own in house approvals are you?

We get customers moaning all the time about the delivery times we're quoting, even when they've not approved samples yet - the orders for ventilator product last year for example, the UK Government were chasing like fuck for product, and sending planes out to pick our products up, even though they still hadn't finished their approvals. The goods got to the UK, and then sat around for 4 days before approval was granted, and then build went ahead.  

Do you reckon the UK Government wasn't checking and chasing deliveries of both the Pfizer and AZ vaccines prior to us approving them?

Just having a bit of fun at their expense.

And reflecting on how our Government would have looked had we been in the EU.

There could be an interesting time if they try to block Pfizer supplying us.

Edited by boltondiver

• Site Supporter

One slight worry is that supply issues is becoming the main headline now.

Did Hancock not say we had over 40million doses on the shelf in the UK? Or was that 40mill on order?

Either way, can't knock the response here compared to everywhere else.

With 100k dead, there was some making up to do.

27 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Just having a bit of fun at their expense.

And reflecting on how our Goveywoukd have looked had we been in the EU.

There could be an interesting time if they try to block Pfizer supplying us.

If that did happen, I dread to think what might happen to our relationship with them which is pretty strained at the minute - you would hope they wouldn't be so ridiculous as to block the shipments.......although I guess anything is possible

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Not good.

I wonder how many Supermarket staff have succumbed to covid ?

dunno if any died but our waitrose had to shut (till today) as over 40 staff ended up getting it

they probably didn't die though, as they don't come into close contact repeatedly, every day, with covid patients

25 minutes ago, Spider said:

One slight worry is that supply issues is becoming the main headline now.

Did Hancock not say we had over 40million doses on the shelf in the UK? Or was that 40mill on order?

Either way, can't knock the response here compared to everywhere else.

With 100k dead, there was some making up to do.

Wasn't it 21M does on the shelf already - either way, I'm under the impression that we've got enough stocks to get the vulnerable done already here, hence the Government still stating they'll be able to hit the 13M or whatever number it was by mid-Feb

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Wasn't it 21M does on the shelf already - either way, I'm under the impression that we've got enough stocks to get the vulnerable done already here, hence the Government still stating they'll be able to hit the 13M or whatever number it was by mid-Feb

In which case, fuck 'em.

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

dunno if any died but our waitrose had to shut (till today) as over 40 staff ended up getting it

they probably didn't die though, as they don't come into close contact repeatedly, every day, with covid patients

MiL works at a local Tesco, she's said they've had two members of staff die of it, and they've got loads off with the virus at the minute - the shop is normally 24hrs, but I think they're only doing something like 7am to 9pm at the minute due to lack of staff. 

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

Might be more of a concern that if we pile in and Max out now we have to make sure the supplies for the second wave of injections are guaranteed ? 

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

Might be more of a concern that if we pile in and Max out now we have to make sure the supplies for the second wave of injections are guaranteed ? 

Good point, but I'm sure we can trust the Government not to let us down on this one

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

You probably would be able to teach a cat to sniff out Covid but they wouldn’t wag their tail and be excited as fuck. They’re more likely to think, “This one’s got Covid. Will I tell them? Will I fuck! In fact, I’ll walk back past and do a tail-raised squirt.”

Cats are cunts like that.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Sweep said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "sticking up" for the EU here at all, but you can't suggest that if a customer has a product on order (which they have) that they aren't allowed to chase it up and expect promised delivery dates to be met before they've finished their own in house approvals are you?

We get customers moaning all the time about the delivery times we're quoting, even when they've not approved samples yet - the orders for ventilator product last year for example, the UK Government were chasing like fuck for product, and sending planes out to pick our products up, even though they still hadn't finished their approvals. The goods got to the UK, and then sat around for 4 days before approval was granted, and then build went ahead.  

Do you reckon the UK Government wasn't checking and chasing deliveries of both the Pfizer and AZ vaccines prior to us approving them?

Chasing deliveries is fine. Understanding that vaccine manufacturing is different to screwing a few circuit boards to a case is also vital.

Just had another mon on who's involved in it. He explained that it happens whenever big demand is placed on the production of any vaccine, let alone a new one that has only just been developed. 

Not heard the same clamour over Pfizer not being able to meet their aims.

1 hour ago, burnden said:

Awfully sad day passing the 100k covid deaths today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55757378

There is a guy on the news at the minute  professor from Cambridge uni saying we passed the 100k mark on Jan 7th using ONS as source and we are around 120k in reality .

Christ. Imagine having that on your CV.

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Sweep said:

without a doubt, it's great that at present we're so far ahead of them with the vaccination roll out. I was on a call with our German office this morning, and they said they're only at about 1.5% of their population vaccinated so far, and we're at pretty much 10%

Tempered by the fact we're the first European nation to pass 100,000 covid deaths. I know which way round I'd prefer it.