Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The official Wigan are shit thread

RUREADY2ROLL

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Personally I’d rather they stayed up, and then go through next season having to put the kids out and lose 6-0 every week like we did.

They’re going to have to do that anyway in league one and then get beat 6-0 every week anyway hopefully 

I hope we get them cunts in a cup next year if they survive this. See who’s the tinpot fucking club then 

9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Personally I’d rather they stayed up, and then go through next season having to put the kids out and lose 6-0 every week like we did.

Well they've always liked to copy everything we do and have everything  thats ours! 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Going down and still losing 6-0 every week is better, going bust is even better. 

It’s a no from me. If we’re going to be in the lower leagues then I’d certainly want to be playing the Wigan’s and Bury’s and having a bit of edge to the games instead of Forest Green or Fleetwood fetching 150 fans. 

31 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s a no from me. If we’re going to be in the lower leagues then I’d certainly want to be playing the Wigan’s and Bury’s and having a bit of edge to the games instead of Forest Green or Fleetwood fetching 150 fans. 

Don’t mind bury, but wouldn’t be fussed if we never played Wigan again. 

I see them both as just irritating boils that will disappear if you were a bwfc fan pre 80s Wigan wouldn’t even register as a rival its only became some in recent years .

Bury have always been there but rarely in the same division so fuck then not interested  

. We have had a longer tradition with the likes of Blackburn and Preston Over a hundred years but seem to be less animosity  between the clubs 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

I see them both as just irritating boils that will disappear if you were a bwfc fan pre 80s Wigan wouldn’t even register as a rival its only became some in recent years .

Bury have always been there but rarely in the same division so fuck then not interested  

. We have had a longer tradition with the likes of Blackburn and Preston Over a hundred years but seem to be less animosity  between the clubs 

Purely from where I grew up, Blackburn has always been my big game. If we had to spend any number of years in the same division as PNE, I agree, that would build into some proper grudge.

2 proper clubs similar to us

4 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

That's just because they have bigger rivals than us.

18 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Purely from where I grew up, Blackburn has always been my big game. If we had to spend any number of years in the same division as PNE, I agree, that would build into some proper grudge.

2 proper clubs similar to us

It's the same for me. The secondary school I went to had a lot of pupils from Blackburn and Darwen, so they were the biggest rival growing up.

Wigan Athletic don't feature on my radar very much because I rarely go to that part of our town. 

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's the same for me. The secondary school I went to had a lot of pupils from Blackburn and Darwen, so they were the biggest rival growing up.

Wigan Athletic don't feature on my radar very much because I never go to that part of our town. We certainly feature on their radar, though.

Vale?

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Me too.  I want them to suffer on the field, get relegated and go through the mill like we have, but I'm not even close to wanting them, or any local team, to go bust.  If Forest Green or Crawley or Stevenage went bust I wouldnt bat an eyelid.  I'd feel the pain for Wigan like I do for Bury.  I just want to get us back on an even playing field to take these teams on in future with good old fashioned local derbies.  Imagine if Blackburn and Blackpool went bust too and kids grow up not realising that what a local derby is all about.  They help sell tickets, create memories and can make fans for life.

On 18/07/2020 at 03:34, Mantra said:

Judging by what I'm reading here it sounds truly grim for Wigan.

I had a nosy on their forum(s) of which only one seemed to be active and even there, I could find very little information similar to what I've read here. In terms of actual facts and figures anyway. To be fair though they have done some good crowdfunding so far.

I was curious to see where they stood after a few weeks in admin compared to where we were about a year ago... I wouldn't want to trade places put it that way, even if they survive the drop this season, it sounds like that's not even near the end of their problems.

Very interested to see how this one plays out because a knight in shining armour seems unlikely, but this is football.

They are all in denial. Read on Twitter and fans are saying they are self sufficient and shouldn't even be in admin. As soon as someone (me) tells them they are losing millions and are properly fucked they get all angry.  

They all have massive inferiority complexes. 

2 hours ago, Andy Gee said:

They are all in denial. Read on Twitter and fans are saying they are self sufficient and shouldn't even be in admin. As soon as someone (me) tells them they are losing millions and are properly fucked they get all angry.  

Think the admin saying the bid process ends on Wednesday the very same day Wigan play their final game of the season, so basically prospective new owners will be punting blind as they’ll have no idea what league Wigan will be playing next season.   

5 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Fuck ‘em all, they laughed at our demise, so fuck ‘em.

I can't forget or forgive those twats singing Bolton's going bust at our place. Then turning up outside our ground grinning, taking photos and revelling in our demise.

I don't give a flying fuck if they fold.

3 hours ago, Andy Gee said:

Self fufficiency for Wigan Athletic is what we used to play in the 80s at Springfield Park. Since old broken leg appeared they have been punching massively above their weight. Normal service is now slowly resuming.

I really hope I'm right in saying this.... the only way is up for Bolton, the only way is down for Wigan. Somewhere in the next two or three years are paths will cross while on our different trajectories and there's going to be enjoyment to be had.