Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Bolton v forest green

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter

8 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Aye.  We've practically a whole new playing squad, new backroom staff and no fans in the ground. Where's this losing culture coming from? 

A load of misery guts on t'internet. Hope nobody at the club reads the shite that's posted on here.

Edited by Cheese

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

A load of misery guts on t'internet. Hope nobody at the club read the shite that's posted on here!

Well there is that I suppose but I'm not having it that a few of us whingeing on here is preventing Santos and others from being great footballers 

6 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

I've settled my self into mizmog mode and am expecting us to get beat again.

I've not seen anything other than blind hope that would make me think otherwise.

After watching that dross this afternoon I'm even more convinced this season is going to be just as shit as the past few.

Just as aimless as the side cobbled together last year from who was left available.

Certainly won't be spending a tenner to watch the away games at this rate

50 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Worryingly, it was probably worse. 

Irrespective of whether the players are better or worse, the sum total is worse because of the system.  Last year we often had the outlet of Verlinden or Politic, to either create chances or just give us a bit of possession.  No outlet today, that was the biggest factor for me, not one period in the game where it felt like we had some control in the opposition half.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Irrespective of whether the players are better or worse, the sum total is worse because of the system.  Last year we often had the outlet of Verlinden or Politic, to either create chances or just give us a bit of possession.  No outlet today, that was the biggest factor for me, not one period in the game where it felt like we had some control in the opposition half.

We also had Verlinden being a pro shithouse to win us free kicks etc. 

It's amazing how much that can help

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Loved Verlinden, wish we could get him back on loan.

At home, we seem to have played like the away team for 3 years -

Under 3 different managers and with about 60 different players.

WTF?

4 minutes ago, superkev said:

Also I thought greenidge was supposed to be lightening quick. I could run faster than him with a dodgy back

Looked well short of match practice and got a knock was blowing out of is arse in second half so hopefully he is a lot quicker when he gets up to speed 

1 hour ago, Deanu said:

it's a major loss losing our only direct winger Politic. 

Its not a loss to this system as we dont play with wingers, yes I think he would have come on as sub instead of that young lad, but the game was virtually lost by then.  No place of Politic in this system.  For me the midfield would be Crawford or Politic behind the front 2,  Darcy behind with 2 of either White, Sarcevic or Tutte, whoever's in form at the time, with Comley nowhere near the team unless there are injuries.  All this about having a defensive midfielder is bollocks, they give away free kicks more times than they win the ball and their distribution and lack of creativity negates any positives they bring.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

A load of misery guts on t'internet. Hope nobody at the club reads the shite that's posted on here.

Well i do.

Is it acceptable that less than 10 years ago our opening fixtures were like playing arsenal, West Ham, aston villa , even stoke city and qpr.

And today we play forest green rovers???

I honestly thought that was maybe a leafy suburb of South London near Wimbledon maybe.   

I have been there through the darkest days, Darlington , Scarborough and neatly gave up.

Wrexham was a good day and our best till the last day that supa john put the ball in the preston net. Onwards & upwards after that but history has a bad habit of repeating itself, so sorry all you younger viewers, we got lucky, maybe you won't.

Strap yerselves in, fast riders on the outside, hold tight!!

4 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Well i do.

Is it acceptable that less than 10 years ago our opening fixtures were like playing arsenal, West Ham, aston villa , even stoke city and qpr.

And today we play forest green rovers???

I honestly thought that was maybe a leafy suburb of South London near Wimbledon maybe.   

It's not the fault of the current regime though, is it?

It’s early days but I’m expecting big big improvements over the next month, think we have enough in the tank to be top half minimum, Evatt needs to earn his corn, his first half 11 today’s was poor, leaving Crawford out was ridiculous, after seeing Tutte replace a piss poor Comley another faux par, the 2 wing backs not worthy of the name, change the system were not Man City, and static keeper needs fucking off, it ain’t difficult to see, open your eyes and act. 

That's the annoying thing Mounts.  Whether you've been in the game for 5 minutes or 30 years, you know Crawford is worth a place in that team.  So how can a professional manager not see it?  The 3 at the back is less blindingly obvious, but nevertheless he needs to wise up that the team he has doesnt suit it (that's to say the full backs arent wing backs). Its worrying but only if its still the same in a few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's not the fault of the current regime though, is it?

Not saying that but if you inherit a legend do you want to see it wither and die?  NO!

Thats like buying a a former supercar brand,, say lotus and saying well we accept the current environment so we gonna power the new model with pot purree and yankee candles, is that ok? Peachy, enjoy.