Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Name The Ground

Zico

7 hours ago, Zico said:

Normid though 

The only reason I've heard of Normid is because they had a supermarket on our ground 

I've only ever come across one at our ground 

And I've never been in one 

Has anyone here ever bought anything in normid?

“Other stores were located in Blackpool, Crewe, Wigan, Widnes, St Helens, Talke (near Kidsgrove), Chorley, Hindley and Blackburn. Normid 1 was based in Crewe, Normid 2 Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Normid 3 was Milehouse, Newcastle-under-Lyme. Normid 4 Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, Normid 5 was the Hypermarket at Talke. Normid 6 and 7 were Macclesfield and Longton, Stoke-On-Trent.”

Its like something dreamt up in a kitchen at 3am.

I know what we can do. Could sell half an end of the ground to an unknown supermarket chain and let them build a giant hypermarket on it. Why didn't they just knock the gym down or summet?

Didnt Paul Fletcher save us once too?

...And designed the Reebok later on to say thanks :)

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

“Other stores were located in Blackpool, Crewe, Wigan, Widnes, St Helens, Talke (near Kidsgrove), Chorley, Hindley and Blackburn. Normid 1 was based in Crewe, Normid 2 Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Normid 3 was Milehouse, Newcastle-under-Lyme. Normid 4 Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, Normid 5 was the Hypermarket at Talke. Normid 6 and 7 were Macclesfield and Longton, Stoke-On-Trent.”

They were the north midland co op society, back in the day there loads of societies, slowly they were bought out or merged to make them have more buying power against the likes of Asda and Tesco.