Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The new Nürburgring - Rishton Lane

Youri McAnespie

Just now, boogs said:

Bang on. Unsure as to why that's up for any debate tbh. 

There’s more than one thing being discussed here. As has been pointed out irrespective of who killed this poor woman there is a higher prevalence of Asian youngsters with access to higher power cars. 

yes there are dickhead drivers of all creeds and colours but that is another point and one that is widely acknowledged and people are equally as critical. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Anyone driving a high powered car should have to go through a special test for me. It won’t stop people doing it but could cut the number of accidents potentially as a result of folk driving cars they can’t handle 

Or just limit speed across the board. Very easily done 

32 minutes ago, Spider said:

Whoever or whatever he is, I imagine he’ll end up with 4 years for dangerous driving.

For a life

The law is fucked on these matters

Sentencing should be equal to carrying a weapon, since you are effectively in charge of one.

In Horwich, I only see pale faces charging around town in souped up cars that have exhausts that sound like they’ve got cap guns going off. Cunts.

Yup. It's a joke.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Speed is limited already . What are you suggesting? Having 30mph even on motorways? 

You are looking at signage and law. 

Limiting the speed that vehicles do is achievable. Funnily enough, this isn’t something I’m proposing, it’s a common discussion amongst mechanics. You are mechanically minded?

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Anyone driving a high powered car should have to go through a special test for me. It won’t stop people doing it but could cut the number of accidents potentially as a result of folk driving cars they can’t handle 

You could be the trained to be best driver in the world, but if you're doing 80mph on a main road and somebody steps into the road you've no chance of avoiding them, same as of someone pulls out of a side road.

Just now, DazBob said:

You could be the trained to be best driver in the world, but if you're doing 80mph on a main road and somebody steps into the road you've no chance of avoiding them, same as of someone pulls out of a side road.

I’m not saying that and you know it 

I saw some appalling driving this afternoon. A BMW driving at speed right up behind a horse rider before braking hard.  Horse rider, quite rightly shouted at the driver to slow down.  To my surprise the driver was quite a young lass, who then shouted abuse back at the horse rider. Bonkers.

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

There’s more than one thing being discussed here. As has been pointed out irrespective of who killed this poor woman there is a higher prevalence of Asian youngsters with access to higher power cars. 

yes there are dickhead drivers of all creeds and colours but that is another point and one that is widely acknowledged and people are equally as critical. 

Fair enough. For what it's worth, my opinion of what your getting at is that the young lads from section of society your referring to are rarely found wasting their money in the pub and young lads as a whole like to waste money on things. If that's not supping then for a lot of them it's cars. Add into that, I think it's fair to say, many of them live with parents til a later age giving them more disposable cash and this is invariably why they can afford to lease/hire these cars that they don't particularly have the skills they need to drive as they want. 

Who knows, dicks be dicks. 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m not saying that and you know it 

I get your point that if you're driving a powerful car you should have the skills to be able to handle it, and I agree.

I'm just pointing out that you could have all the necessary skills, but if you're simply driving too fast for the environment you're in then tragedies are inevitable.

11 minutes ago, Morizio said:

You are looking at signage and law. 

Limiting the speed that vehicles do is achievable. Funnily enough, this isn’t something I’m proposing, it’s a common discussion amongst mechanics. You are mechanically minded?

I’m mechanically trained mate but this goes way beyond mechanics it’s 20/30 years away before we can achieve it and that’s autonomous vehicles. 

7 minutes ago, Morizio said:

It’s a salient point though, do you agree?

Absolutely but it goes without saying. Put Lewis Hamilton in a car doing 80 in a 30 and someone steps out and they’re dead. 

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

I get your point that if you're driving a powerful car you should have the skills to be able to handle it, and I agree.

I'm just pointing out that you could have all the necessary skills, but if you're simply driving too fast for the environment you're in then tragedies are inevitable.

100% as per my point above. I’m simply looking at a single measure that might help. Plus we all know as have been eluded to stiffer penalties are required in terms of long custodial sentences. 

a car is a lethal weapon at the end of the day. I drive badly at times but I would say out of the 30k plus miles I do a year that I probably drive well of the vast majority of it. But it only takes a second of being a dickhead to kill someone. 

9 minutes ago, DazBob said:

If you are the best driver in the world you would not be at 80 mph on a road where someone could step out in front of you, good driving is about observation and anticipation skills not showing off your over and under steer, that is for track days

Just now, Escobarp said:

100% as per my point above. I’m simply looking at a single measure that might help. Plus we all know as have been eluded to stiffer penalties are required in terms of long custodial sentences. 

a car is a lethal weapon at the end of the day. I drive badly at times but I would say out of the 30k plus miles I do a year that I probably drive well of the vast majority of it. But it only takes a second of being a dickhead to kill someone. 

So how many on this board have received any advanced training since passing their driving tests?

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m mechanically trained mate but this goes way beyond mechanics it’s 20/30 years away before we can achieve it and that’s autonomous vehicles. 

Absolutely but it goes without saying. Put Lewis Hamilton in a car doing 80 in a 30 and someone steps out and they’re dead. 

Speed limiters already exist. 

Rather than dismiss, challenge your mechanically minded self to create a workable solution🙂

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Which second?😬