Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Israel

wanderer1984

2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Why were they clashing? From what I saw, they wanted to go to the Cenotaph. Is that a crime? Happy to be corrected as usual of course. 

They were trying to confront the rally 👍 one had a knife, another a baton. 

Well done to our police officers. They’ve got today right from top to bottom.

I’m surprised you’re trying to defend them, but hey ho. 

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

And there’s that 2 tier policing that the HS mentioned 

😂😂

Even the Conservative Party have been distancing themselves from her comments.

If there’s one thing we’ve learnt from this week, it’s that Suella Braverman doesn’t have a fckn clue. The police spent the whole week investigating & they found nothing to suggest serious disruption was planned. Clearly you know better😅

Nice you’ve got a new idol though 

Edited by London Wanderer

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

😂😂

Even the Conservative Party have been distancing themselves from her comments.

If there’s one thing we’ve learnt from this week, it’s that Suella Braverman doesn’t have a fckn clue. 

Nice you’ve got a new idol though 

So you don’t think there’s 2 tier policing. 😂 👍

• Members

I'm repeating myself, and probably wasting my time, but the problem with the marches has never been the number of arrests or the direct threats of violence, but the racist, genocidal rhetoric that is so prevalent and the intimidating atmosphere it generates

That, and the authorities' reluctance to properly tackle it

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

So you don’t think there’s 2 tier policing. 😂 👍

See above

The police spent the whole week investigating & they found nothing to suggest serious disruption was planned. Clearly you know better😅

you can try putting words in my mouth if you like 👍 

But it’s blatantly obvious that the Head of the Met was right this week - not the HS.

I would be very impressed if even you tried arguing otherwise after todays outcome.

Just now, London Wanderer said:

See above

The police spent the whole week investigating & they found nothing to suggest serious disruption was planned. Clearly you know better😅

you can try putting words in my mouth if you like 👍 

But it’s blatantly obvious that the Head of the Met was right this week - not the HS.

I would be very impressed if even you tried arguing otherwise after todays outcome.

You’ve seen numerous photos and videos of people who should be arrested, for some reason they weren’t. It’s easy for the head of the met to say we only had to make X amount of arrests when in reality it’s clear to see there should have been more. 

11 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Back in central London and we’ve followed another group of protesters who are pacing back along the route towards Victoria Station. 

It’s a much younger crowd in this part, but still in full voice chanting and blasting music out of a sound system - I can hear a rendition of Imagine by John Lennon. Fireworks have been let off from a canon into the night sky. 

The crowd are flanked by police either side and backed up by a dozen or so police vans following in formations of three. 

Noticeably many more people here have their faces covered, but much like the protest as a whole they remain peaceful.

From a BBC reporter there all day. Singing John Lennon 😂 Those backing Suella’s meltdown last week are looking like absolute tits this evening.

Time to move on now and focus on tomorrow’s remembrances. Should be a special day.

You can format the stuff that you copy and paste. You can also edit it with quotation marks etc. Only 4/10 today but don’t give up. 👍

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm repeating myself, and probably wasting my time, but the problem with the marches has never been the number of arrests or the direct threats of violence, but the racist, genocidal rhetoric that is so prevalent and the intimidating atmosphere it generates

I might be wasting my time

But if this is your view then try watching this reel from today. Obviously not the whole thing. But skip to different random bits, look at the people, the banners and the way they are acting etc. 

It’s blatantly obvious that the majority are not there to intimidate Jews, condone genocide and be racist. 

That’s not to defend the elements that do what you say, or downplay their actions.

But let’s be realistic 

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

You’ve seen numerous photos and videos of people who should be arrested, for some reason they weren’t. It’s easy for the head of the met to say we only had to make X amount of arrests when in reality it’s clear to see there should have been more. 

I have seen a lot of videos. Which people in particular should be arrested?

Do we now start arresting some prick for saying they side with Hamas ? If we go by that logic then surely we need to arrest someone who says I agree with Israeli’s policies in the West Bank. Or someone who says no more Mosques or I want gay marriage to be illegal. Etc etc. 

1 minute ago, London Wanderer said:

I have seen a lot of videos. Which people in particular should be arrested?

Do we now start arresting some prick for saying they side with Hamas ? If we go by that logic then surely we need to arrest someone who says I agree with Israeli’s policies in the West Bank. Or someone who says no more Mosques or I want gay marriage to be illegal. Etc etc. 

The Met are actively looking for the lads with the Hamas headbands 👍

15 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

You can format the stuff that you copy and paste. You can also edit it with quotation marks etc. Only 4/10 today but don’t give up. 👍

If that’s what you’re clutching at then I’ll take that as an agreement that today was nowhere near as bad as folk were predicting 😊

Thanks for the tips though 

15 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

What a bizarre take on things today. 1 extremely large demonstration that passed off peacefully like all the previous ones. A 2 minutes silence at the cenotaph,impeccably observed.

And then, racist feckwits, chanting slogans, attacking the Police, flashing the swastikas, getting the badge in, covering their faces and generally embarrassing themselves and the nation.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  As children are being killed in unprecedented numbers, we've folk on here more upset at UK teachers discussing the conflict with their pupils.

Just now, Duck Egg said:

What a bizarre take on things today. 1 extremely large demonstration that passed off peacefully like all the previous ones. A 2 minutes silence at the cenotaph,impeccably observed.

And then, racist feckwits, chanting slogans, attacking the Police, flashing the swastikas, getting the badge in, covering their faces and generally embarrassing themselves and the nation.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.  As children are being killed in unprecedented numbers, we've folk on here more upset at UK teachers discussing the conflict with their pupils.

Nicely put 👍

It’s beyond madness that folk can think today was that bad when you see the evidence.

A handful of videos and pictures and suddenly that’s representative of the whole thing. Crazy.

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

But if this is your view then try watching this reel from today. Obviously not the whole thing. But skip to different random bits, look at the people, the banners and the way they are acting etc. 

It’s blatantly obvious that the majority are not there to intimidate Jews, condone genocide and be racist. 

That’s not to defend the elements that do what you say, or downplay their actions.

But let’s be realistic 

2 things.

1. You are wasting your time as are everyone else on here. 
2. It isn’t blatantly obvious. If anything, it’s anything but bleeding obvious. Ask David Baddiel. Just one of many Jews who are going through a bit of a rough time at the moment. I know of a few others. Keep preaching your divisive rhetoric. There are victims on the other side of it.

1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

You are referring to both marches with this comment aren’t you? 

• Members
9 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

But let’s be realistic 

You're objecting to arguments I'm not making

At no stage have I claimed a majority have malicious intent

Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

You're objecting to arguments I'm not making

At no stage have I claimed a majority have malicious intent

I would be impressed if after watching a half hour of this video you could find more than one person acting in an intimidating or anti-Semitic way. It’s way beyond the majority & that much is obvious from the reporting coming from today.