Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yorkshire Folk Are Not All That Bad.

leigh white

Had a bad fall last Sunday banging my head straight on the floor causing a lot of bleeding, first aid lads tried to help but had to call an ambulance, in Huddersfield hospital for ages and they were struggling to stem my nose bleed, so wizzed of to Calderdale hospital what managed to stem the bleed with two massive packers up my hooter. I got out after two days with gravel rash, a thick lip, a huge swelled nose and two black eyes. But the Yorkshire nurses were fantastic and they couldn't do enough for you, and the patients on the ward who were in a load worst state than me with really bad ailments were so chirpy talking away and friendly.

47 minutes ago, Spider said:

Hope you’re ok mate

What the fuck caused the fall??

Just running across a busy road with my mates and tripped and hit head first in a curb, OK now though and might venture out for a pint tomorrow, still a bit bruised to fuck but at least I can start breathing through my nose again.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Just running across a busy road with my mates and tripped and hit head first in a curb, OK now though and might venture out for a pint tomorrow, still a bit bruised to fuck but at least I can start breathing through my nose again.

😁😁

good to hear you clumsy bastard

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

😁😁

good to hear you clumsy bastard

Having those packers pulled down my nostrils was the most painful experience ever, I thought having my broken wrist sorted was torture, but this was on an other level, I bet if the Japs knew about this in 1942, it would have made the allies flee the islands.

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Lesson is to avoid having your hands in your pockets when crossing the road.

Oh, and avoid the 7.5% ciders, so I heard 😁 

Knocks the spots off my head injury on the previous Leigh away game, at least!

It's hard work being a Leigh fan trying to keep up with the trendy real ale drinkers at the moment on the away jaunts.😀

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Going two days without a pint was sending me into toxic shock, never realized how bad it can be just going cold turkey, they had to put me on a drip to stop me shaking.

Nowt to do with shock from the fall!

Should have requested a pint with your dinner. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I was throwing everything up after a bite to eat, a load of dried blood what had trickled down my throat came up, scared me shitless.

Not surprised.

Did they give you any paracetamol in your drip?

Was once in for suspected appendicitis, and it worked a treat.

18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not surprised.

Did they give you any paracetamol in your drip?

Was once in for suspected appendicitis, and it worked a treat.

On my summery it said during admission he acutely withdrew from alcohol and was started on chlordiazepoxide reducing regime.

20 hours ago, leigh white said:

Having those packers pulled down my nostrils was the most painful experience ever, I thought having my broken wrist sorted was torture, but this was on an other level, I bet if the Japs knew about this in 1942, it would have made the allies flee the islands.

You’re not wrong.

A few years ago i had an operation to clear my nasal passages, they carve away with a scapel anything that could hinder breathing thru’ the nose - cartiledge, tissue etc then they put a tube up each nostril and down into the throat.

Bandages are then packed as tight as poss up each nostril right to the very back.5 days later they very slowly pull each bandage out, but they’re stuck to the rebored nostrils like superglue with all the dried blood etc.

By the fuck it was an experience i’ll never forget.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

14 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

You’re not wrong.

A few years ago i had an operation to clear my nasal passages, they carve away with a scapel anything that could hinder breathing thru’ the nose - cartiledge, tissue etc then they put a tube up each nostril and down into the throat.

Bandages are then packed as tight as poss up each nostril right to the very back.5 days later they very slowly pull each bandage out, but they’re stuck to the rebored nostrils like superglue with all the dried blood etc.

By the fuck it was an experience i’ll never forget.

You think pain cant get any worse, after broken ribs, wrists, toothache, earache, and along comes another to top them all.