Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Buying a dog

Rudy

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

If he nobs her it will be ruined.

The next one should be a gay actor like Paddington or that Scottish bloke, and they are equally as promiscuous as they're predecessors but with men. It would reel in the pink pound.

Bond wasn't/isn't a gay character- has to shag women.

The pink pound can still be spent by those admiring whoever plays him.

Can't have a dog neither- no bugger around to feed and walk it.

Maybe 008 can be of indeterminate gender, and shag who they like. Including the dog.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe 008 can be of indeterminate gender, and shag who they like. Including the dog.

John Vicks or whatever went on a kill crazy rampage after someone killed his dog and keyed his car, get a female Bond in then, Lesley Judd - her who Bolty hates, and she's an empowered slapper, like Shirley Manson out of Garbage who admitted she shagged around more than Axl Rose, Slash and Defeffal combined. Did they do a song for a Bond film (Garbage not Axl, Slash and Johnson).

49 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

When do you get him?

The guy is going to bring him over on Wednesday, do the home check and leave him if all is okay.

The kennel used to be associated  with Doris Banhams who over the years I have supported including actually flying one of their dogs to a new home in the Isle of Man not long ago, I have asked him to give them a call but their pride is getting in the way.

I might kidnap him tomorrow..

Maybe not, but something clicked in my head today and I now want that dog here

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, Dimron said:

The guy is going to bring him over on Wednesday, do the home check and leave him if all is okay.

The kennel used to be associated  with Doris Banhams who over the years I have supported including actually flying one of their dogs to a new home in the Isle of Man not long ago, I have asked him to give them a call but their pride is getting in the way.

I might kidnap him tomorrow..

Maybe not, but something clicked in my head today and I now want that dog here

Right, good luck. 

However, employ some insurance- if all doesn't go according to plan, have someone ready outside to dognap him from the van whilst they're inside.

Hide him until the coppers have done their bit, then bring him in to his new home.

If anything is said, then you made a determined effort to look for him, and found him wandering in nearby fields, alone and lost.

42 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Right, good luck. 

However, employ some insurance- if all doesn't go according to plan, have someone ready outside to dognap him from the van whilst they're inside.

Hide him until the coppers have done their bit, then bring him in to his new home.

If anything is said, then you made a determined effort to look for him, and found him wandering in nearby fields, alone and lost.

I'll end up playing by the rules, I suppose I expected some kind of VIP treatment owing to my previous support but these people are so dedicated that they can't see further than the dogs.

They have very little but sheer dedication. I know that I will be chucking as much cash as I can towards them over the next few years, you need to see for yourself how they live and what they give up for the dogs.

Off to bed now, early start tomorrow, the kennel is an hour away... I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve

23 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What about bi? Then he can shag anything

15 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

What about bi? Then he can shag anything

The name's Bi, James Bi - I like it shaken and stirred.

Anyhow he pegs it in the last one so...

He's not Doctor Who.

The first James Bond? Bob 'Blockbusters' Holness.

FACT.

Javier Bardem cut his bollocks off in the Eva Green one.

(Craig not Holness, who played the sax solo on 'Bakee Avenue' or whatever).

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Good day today but unfortunately he still has the squits from last Thursday, he's off to the vets tomorrow so fingers crossed for Wednesday. He was really happy to see us today and very playful, my current thoughts are the squits could be stress related. We have hardwood floors and one knackered carpet in the lounge so no big problem there.

1179475516_Diesel(2).thumb.jpg.1e9aedb6e9181a1989d4b34c0679a746.jpg

10 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Good day today but unfortunately he still has the squits from last Thursday, he's off to the vets tomorrow so fingers crossed for Wednesday. He was really happy to see us today and very playful, my current thoughts are the squits could be stress related. We have hardwood floors and one knackered carpet in the lounge so no big problem there.

1179475516_Diesel(2).thumb.jpg.1e9aedb6e9181a1989d4b34c0679a746.jpg

Sure he will be fine. Bet you can’t wait to get him home. Enjoy when it comes 

19 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Has he had the shits for a while then, if they think it's stress related?

My theory, probably to make me want to take him in straight away.

I believe the vet checked him over yesterday and prescribed some antibiotic, everything else okay. He can come and live with us from tomorrow as long as we maintain his treatment and keep appointments at the vet who has been treating him.

No problem there, I just think he will recover better in a domestic setting where we can give him some scrambled eggs, burnt toast and the usual anti squit foods and let him rest up in front of the log burner.

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Avoid burnt toast.

Plain chicken or fish with rice. Always recommended by vets when recovering form gut infections. 

The burnt toast bit came from a terrier man I knew, never tried it myself but I can see it working like charcoal tablets.

As you say, boiled rice and poached chicken, scrambled egg pretty good too.

On 17/01/2022 at 19:13, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Has he had the shits for a while then, if they think it's stress related?

I had a dog that liked Entombed. It didn't care for Righteous Pigs though, they were practically The Jimi Hendrix Experience. The singer's actual real name was Joe Caper. Beat that.