Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunderland (H)

Horwich

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

We could make it electric fencing

Fuck that, we need all the juice available for the vehicles.

Smear it in dogshit, have it dangling from a mobile crane, and brush it across the fans.

Trouble with chucking bottles, is that closing a block might not be enough- can Wang them a fair way.

Just mindless.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Matt Lofthouse said:

Website Q&A has it that under 16s don’t need to register, if an adult (member) is buying tickets for them. So probably why you’re not getting asked each time. 

One of them is 16, although the ticket classification only specifies "under 18" or "under 12". Been a big load of bollocks this entire scheme really, even though it's not really affected me at all.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Throwing coins though, that's just stupid & dangerous, the ones throwing them are probably the ones pleading poverty 😁

What's the minimum denomination coin that has sufficient weight to be lobbed that far?

10p maybe.

A fine mist netting and scoop it all up afterwards. Them gas bills won't pay themselves. :)

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Throwing coins though, that's just stupid & dangerous, the ones throwing them are probably the ones pleading poverty 😁

Got hit on the forehead by a coin at Wigan a few years back - cut my head open and had to get the cut seen to. A couple of inches away and it would have landed in my eye. Doesn’t bear thinking about.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

6 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Got hit on the forehead by a coin at Wigan a few years back - cut my head open and had to get the cut seen to. A couple of inches away and it would have landed in my eye. Doesn’t bear thinking about.

Remember smiley getting hit in the head by a flying fookin drinking mug on the burnden terrace.   Sure it was against burnley

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Some Bolton traitorous red filth graffitied '0-6 Bolton Reds' on the bowling hut on Bobby Hayward's park.

They knocked it down eventually.

That's the type of shit that means folk from south Bolton/Farnworth/LL/LH environs will always despise the scum, but there's a special place in hell for Bolton born and bred filth, with no connection to Manchester apart from the number 36.

It was painted across the front of the Hare & Hounds on Bury Road too, the lads who did it removed it a few days later.

Fcuking hell, worst missile throwing I've seen was Leeds at Burnden early 80's in the Burnden Paddock - half house bricks been thrown both ways almost all through the game. 

We took turns (the lads I was with) some watching the game, others watching the bricks - some really nasty head injuries in both ends that day.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Probably end up leaving a block empty for the big games there’s only sheff weds left now 

They did that in WSL and moved a large group inwards towards centre.

32 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

It’s been going on for ages, particularly when we were in Prem. Back then it was pound coins. My then 10 year old lad got hit by one in his chest (he picked the coin up and put it in his pocket) A few weeks later a chap behind us got hit just above his eye, also with a pound coin. My 10 year old picked that one up too.

13 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

They got shit even from lads who didn’t like football 😂 

On a Bolton Pub too, I hope they had to lick it off.

Those cunts with the 'Bolton Reds' flag on Black Sunday - if you could bottle the pure hatred directed at them, instant Covid cure...

Wigan?

Pfft.

All Whites should loathe the scum not because of some twat from Sale but gloryhunting armchairs born at Townleys who don't support their local team - they are the scum of the Earth.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ve took the 100/1… do I think we’ll do it no, but I’ll be happy if we even get close. 

38 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Got a coin in my eye in 83 whilst stood in the burnden terrace, Chelsea fans were throwing seats and all sorts down from the stand . Spent a week in Manchester eye hospital fearing I was going to lose my eye .

17 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Got a coin in my eye in 83 whilst stood in the burnden terrace, Chelsea fans were throwing seats and all sorts down from the stand . Spent a week in Manchester eye hospital fearing I was going to lose my eye .

Blimey.  I remember that well.  Incredibly the Chelsea fans were sat almost directly behind us that were stood on Burnden Paddock, we were sitting ducks.  Our lot sang "we thought you were hard, we were wrong, we were wrong" at which point the missiles starting raining down on us and anyone that didn't clear the area was in danger.  We didn't sing that song again.

• Site Supporter

Fucking hell, watching it back on ifollow, we really were all over them from the first whistle. Didn't give them a second to think when they had the ball. And our distribution was out of this world. Dion Charles is fucking tremendous. We need to pull out all the stops to keep Fossey. An almost perfect performance. Not having it that Sunderland didn't turn up - we were just far too good in every aspect. We would've beat anyone yesterday.

Edited by Cheese

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Fucking hell, watching it back on ifollow, we really were all over them from the first whistle. Didn't give them a second to think when they had the ball. And our distrubution was out of this world. Dion Charles is fucking tremendous. We need to pull out all the stops to keep Fossey. An almost perfect performance. Not having it that Sunderland didn't turn up - we were just far too good in every aspect. We would've beat anyone yesterday.

Correct. We were high press, and i hate the term, from the off. Thought it was brave picking charles and dapo but fuck me they worked brilliant. 

44 minutes ago, Black Sheep said:

Fcuking hell, worst missile throwing I've seen was Leeds at Burnden early 80's in the Burnden Paddock - half house bricks been thrown both ways almost all through the game. 

We took turns (the lads I was with) some watching the game, others watching the bricks - some really nasty head injuries in both ends that day.

The lever end when they split it between home and away fans mid 70s was worst I’ve seen was brutal, forest & West Brom were very bad, one slate roof tile hit my next door neighbour he was carted off to hospital for stitches in his forehead. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Fucking hell, watching it back on ifollow, we really were all over them from the first whistle. Didn't give them a second to think when they had the ball. And our distrubution was out of this world. Dion Charles is fucking tremendous. We need to pull out all the stops to keep Fossey. An almost perfect performance. Not having it that Sunderland didn't turn up - we were just far too good in every aspect. We would've beat anyone yesterday.

You don't win that convincingly if a team just doesn't turn up. We created the opportunities and forced them into mistakes, they couldn't live with us and doubt any team in this league could have yesterday.