Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunderland (H)

Horwich

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

You don't win that convincingly if a team just doesn't turn up. We created the opportunities and forced them into mistakes, they couldn't live with us and doubt any team in this league could have yesterday.

Just hope we can keep that tempo up for the rest of the season and build some momentum. Not expecting play-offs this year, but if we can keep hold of this squad, who knows what might happen next season....

3 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

but there's a special place in hell for Bolton born and bred filth, with no connection to Manchester apart from the number 36.

And rightly so; lowest of the low.

1 hour ago, Youri McAnespie said:

On a Bolton Pub too, I hope they had to lick it off.

Those cunts with the 'Bolton Reds' flag on Black Sunday - if you could bottle the pure hatred directed at them, instant Covid cure...

Wigan?

Pfft.

All Whites should loathe the scum not because of some twat from Sale but gloryhunting armchairs born at Townleys who don't support their local team - they are the scum of the Earth.

I remember the Bolton Reds flag at the FA Cup game when we lost 1-0, that wasn’t up long, Plod made them take it down 😂 

• Members
38 minutes ago, gonzo said:

As for the trouble, get a grip you soft cunts.

Rather a bit of bottle throwing and some hanky panky after than a soulless bowl of concrete.

Go and watch Rugby if you dont like it.

Away fans should be turning up fearing they might get a bottle to the head. I’m all for it 😂

That first 11 yesterday can beat any team in this league and if they play anything like that for our next 10 games then I'm sure we'll go on a run just like last season.

Dapo and Charles are top quality.

MJ and Morley can boss a midfield with a combination of physicality and passing.

The back 3 looks solid. Johnston looks reborn.

Fossey and Declan John are perfectly suited to the wingback role.

Lee is class in the 10 role.

Trafford had a good start.

Hard part now is keeping those 11 players fit with a really busy fixture list over the next month. And keeping the ones out of the team happy. With 3 "attacking" positions in the team - i.e. the two strikers and advanced midfielder, that's got to be shared between 6 players - Dapo, Charles, Baka, Bodvarsson, Sadlier, Amaechi... 7 if you count Kachunga.

Need Isgrove back to give us cover at RWB because if Fossey gets injured, that means Jones has to cover wingback and that affects the back 3. Lacking some depth in LWB too but everywhere else is looking really strong. Even if we don't get Dempsey, Lee can drop back into CM and someone else can play in the 10 role.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Mantra said:

That first 11 yesterday can beat any team in this league and if they play anything like that for our next 10 games then I'm sure we'll go on a run just like last season.

Dapo and Charles are top quality.

MJ and Morley can boss a midfield with a combination of physicality and passing.

The back 3 looks solid. Johnston looks reborn.

Fossey and Declan John are perfectly suited to the wingback role.

Lee is class in the 10 role.

Trafford had a good start.

Hard part now is keeping those 11 players fit with a really busy fixture list over the next month. And keeping the ones out of the team happy. With 3 "attacking" positions in the team - i.e. the two strikers and advanced midfielder, that's got to be shared between 6 players - Dapo, Charles, Baka, Bodvarsson, Sadlier, Amaechi... 7 if you count Kachunga.

Need Isgrove back to give us cover at RWB because if Fossey gets injured, that means Jones has to cover wingback and that affects the back 3. Lacking some depth in LWB too but everywhere else is looking really strong. Even if we don't get Dempsey, Lee can drop back into CM and someone else can play in the 10 role.

Jones deserves a special mention. He is fucking class.

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Jones deserves a special mention. He is fucking class.

Indeed, he's just Mr Dependable, Mr Reliable whatever you want to call him. Most improved player from last season imo. 

Put in a great cross yesterday too. Reminds me a bit of Chelsea's Azpilicueta, can play right back, left back, centre back in a 3. Very consistent and versatile. No surprise why he's Vice Captain. Not a headline grabber but we're much worse without him.

3 hours ago, Black Sheep said:

Fcuking hell, worst missile throwing I've seen was Leeds at Burnden early 80's in the Burnden Paddock - half house bricks been thrown both ways almost all through the game. 

We took turns (the lads I was with) some watching the game, others watching the bricks - some really nasty head injuries in both ends that day.

Pub graffiti in the bogs at a pub in Leeds in the late 70s, " I got bricked at Bolton "