Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mason Greenwood.

barryk32

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I don't dispute what folk are saying, but the cps have said there is also new evidence, without specifying what it is.

Ultimately though, we have to be thankful that our legal system requires a more thorough investigation than just the opinions of the public.

GG above says that they've got back together- well if true then she isn't helping herself nor others in the same situation.

aye, totally get that to get a conviction and be found guilty you have to do things properly

thing for me is, he's not been found not guilty, but the case has been dropped

it really looks like he still did it

Utd won't want him, because of that, so who will really, it's not a good look to take him on

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

aye, totally get that to get a conviction and be found guilty you have to do things properly

thing for me is, he's not been found not guilty, but the case has been dropped

it really looks like he still did it

Utd won't want him, because of that, so who will really, it's not a good look to take him on

Money ball

2 minutes ago, Big E said:

I don’t see why he won’t get a gig here. People will soon forget. He’s got off (rightly or wrongly).

people have killed pissed up driving and got back playing 

No way are FV going to offer rehabilitation to an accused misogynist and rapist.  He may be innocent in the eyes of the law but supporters, owners, sponsors etc have all heard the recording. Feck him.

10 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

No way are FV going to offer rehabilitation to an accused misogynist and rapist.  He may be innocent in the eyes of the law but supporters, owners, sponsors etc have all heard the recording. Feck him.

I agree he shouldn’t but I would be very surprised if he didn’t 

see ched evans

5 minutes ago, Big E said:

I agree he shouldn’t but I would be very surprised if he didn’t 

see ched evans

I wonder if society has moved on and whether Ched Evans would be given another chance were it to happen today? Be interesting to see whether Mendy ever plays again.

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

I wonder if society has moved on and whether Ched Evans would be given another chance were it to happen today? Be interesting to see whether Mendy ever plays again.

I'd expect Mendy to return to France and start playing again or over in the Middle East/Turkey where they don't give a fuck.

13 minutes ago, Big E said:

Do clubs have to pay up contracts if they don’t play them / have them back ?

If they go through a process & find they have done something defined as 'Gross Misconduct' then no. The can dismiss without notice or need to pay the contract up.

If not Gross then they could still tell him to leave but he'd be entitled to his notice. A normal pro footballers contract won't have a notice period like mere mortals. It'll be live for the duration. So they'd be expected to pay it off. Those 8 year jobs are looking scary now aren't they !?

Of course clubs, with money before anything, would be reluctant to cut a contract of a saleable assets. Let's see.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

If they go through a process & find they have done something defined as 'Gross Misconduct' then no. The can dismiss without notice or need to pay the contract up.

If not Gross then they could still tell him to leave but he'd be entitled to his notice. A normal pro footballers contract won't have a notice period like mere mortals. It'll be live for the duration. So they'd be expected to pay it off. Those 8 year jobs are looking scary now aren't they !?

Of course clubs, with money before anything, would be reluctant to cut a contract of a saleable assets. Let's see.

That would have to be weighed up against loss of sponsorship deals etc. 

Sadly many domestic and sexual abuse victims stay with the perpetrators. A tiny minority of cases make it to court and just as few result in any form of justice. It's easier for most not to go through the process. 

it's obvious to all the kind of person Greenwood is - you don't need to make assumptions as the recordings tell it all. 

I hope that he's never allowed to play professionally again and that's his punishment. Elite footballers are role models to a lot of young folk and their job comes with a different level of responsibility than most - he's crossed a line and that's that. 

17 hours ago, Big E said:

but surely not getting prosecuted is the same.....

No. 
Cleared in court means the evidence was presented and a jury decided they were ' not guilty' whereas in the Greenwood case the evidence has never been presented so no one has said 'not guilty'. Just not enough evidence to prosecute.

In the Evans case he was j ITK ally found guilty and then extra evidence was put forward, in this case evidence was withdrawn.

If you were cynical you could say in one case the accused's associates encouraged 'witnesses' to come forward and present evidence to ruin the reputation of the victim, in the Greenwood case the victim has been encouraged to withdraw her statement.

• Site Supporter

Greenwood might have had his charges dropped, so isn't seen as guilty in the eyes of the Law, but Football Clubs aren't bound by such technicalities. "Is that your voice on that rapey recording Mason?" "Yes" "There's the door then. We'd rather keep our sponsors happy thanks."

Edited by Cheese