Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

clitheroe

Underpants

4 minutes ago, Underpants said:

I'm being dragged here for a piss-up in a few weeks. Cant imagine it being much fun if I'm honest. Anyone know the place or been on the lash around the Clith? I need reassuring. 

Very nice place, not so sure you’ll like it, it’s a bit of a cafe, wine bar type of culture. 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Very nice place, not so sure you’ll like it, it’s a bit of a cafe, wine bar type of culture. 

I get the impression Clitheroe is a bit of a Last Of The Summer Wine type of community. Some might say I'll fit in well.

Work there every 8 weeks and have dinner in the town centre. Always remark to myself it'd be decent for a few beers and summet to eat. 

Lytham-esque in its clientele. 

I can count 5 pubs of the top of my head, presume theres plenty wine bars and suchlike as well.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Anyone else always say Clit Hero like you did in secondary school? 

Nope... Just me 

It's a nice place.

oh and no, just you.

When we stayed there we called it Clithaireo in a posh accent. It's nice enough but without too much self importance. There are still some normal boozers.

I work in Backburn (some have 6 fingers), a few live in Clitheroe and it's a decent place for ale. 

Fester dragged me to Bowland a few years ago, I supped the pilsner while he was in the wank booth after seeing all the ale he could tick off on his app 😁 

Walley down the road is a good sup too.

16 hours ago, Underpants said:

I'm being dragged here for a piss-up in a few weeks. Cant imagine it being much fun if I'm honest. Anyone know the place or been on the lash around the Clith? I need reassuring. 

We are going on a little day trip from Bunburys soon, supposed to be a few cracking bars, ive never been though.