Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Queen

Whitestar

I mentioned to my partner last night that I'd be surprised if she made it through the winter. She looked extremely frail in that meeting with Liz Truss, bruises on the back of her hands etc. 

I've said it before on here that I'm a republican at heart. But if we are going to have a non-elected head of state - then I don't think we could do much better that Her Maj. 

The media machine has swung into action in a well rehearsed fashion to me. I'm sure this has all been well prepared for.

Old folk to have a tendency to rally unexpectedly sometimes - but I expect the statements they have put out have been put out following medical advice from a personal physician. 

Wishing her all the best.

• Members

Right, so what actually happens in terms of everyday life for the country?  Does absolutely everything shut down for a few days?

Hope she is, as they say, comfortable and that she passes without pain (if she's not already done so).

2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Right, so what actually happens in terms of everyday life for the country?  Does absolutely everything shut down for a few days?

Hope she is, as they say, comfortable and that she passes without pain (if she's not already done so).

Will the footy still be on 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Last time: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge or this one: https://www.politico.eu/article/queen-elizabeth-death-plan-britain-operation-london-bridge/

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Will the footy still be on 🤷🏻‍♂️

I believe so, at this moment. National day of mourning on the day of the funeral. Minutes silence tomorrow (if she's died today) 

Currently for live events there is no protocol for stopping (there is for a minutes silence etc) but the EFL might decide to postpone. There is a concern about people decending onto London which might take up police time and therefore things have to stop.

If everyone decides to stop this weekend, then there might be a consensus to. 

• Moderators

• Members
6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Don't you "last time" me Sonny Jim. 

I asked because I've skim read those articles and I can't see anything where it says "shit closes down for a few days".