Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

13 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

We didn't vote for No Deal so I will be thankful when we get a deal and get on with the really difficult bit as I just want this chaotic shambles all over asap

We didn’t not vote for no deal either

45 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

We didn’t not vote for no deal either

nonsense, tell me where Leave with No Deal was on the ballot paper in 2016 or in the party manifestos of the Tories, Labour or Lib Dems in 2017 election? All leavers dismissed any talk of leaving without a deal as 'project fear' even Raab only made a cursory reference to it in 2016 it but didn't mention it once thereafter 

Edited by Salford Trotter

1 minute ago, Salford Trotter said:

nonsense, tell me where Leave with No Deal was on the ballot paper in 2016 or in the party manifestos of the Tories, Labour or Lib Dems in 2017 election? All leavers dismissed any talk of leaving without a deal as 'project fear' even Raab only made a cursory reference in 2016 it but didn't mention it once thereafter 

Is no deal a leave?

was the referendum choice too vague for you?

Edited by boltondiver

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No. 

A lot of Leavers would say it was worse than remain and therein lies my point there are so many shades of Leave that a binary choice was never an appropriate way to manage this whole debacle. I don't remember any conversation on here at the start of the campaign about the NI backstop yet now that is THE central point in all of this mess and that ironically could now be the only realistic solution.

If we end up leaving with a watered down May's deal no doubt there'll be plenty of Leavers on here that will screech from the rooftops that is not what they voted Leave for, no one can win out of this mess. 

Edited by Salford Trotter

2 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

There was no shade of Remain, such as continue as is, adopt Euro currency, move closer to Federal state.

The simple fact is Leave won over a million more votes than Remain, and the PM of the day had promised that the result would be honoured (then he resigned).

Who said anything about adopting the Euro and moving to a Federal State? 🤣

For the which 'version of leave' bit I refer you back to the other posts 

2 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

We rejected the Euro option and we would not ever revisit it. You are getting like Mounts and making stuff up now😂

So you're not in favour of adopting the Euro, but are you for "as is" or proceeding to a Federal state? There are so many shades of remain.

8 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

So you're not in favour of adopting the Euro, but are you for "as is" or proceeding to a Federal state? There are so many shades of remain.

Where did I say that? Are you suggesting that unless I address every little bit of your posts then by default I am in favour of it? That's a very strange way to make a point

The UK has always been an outlier whilst remaining part of the EU, we have taken the really good bits and rejected the less so good bits and we have got on just fine.

1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

Is May's deal remain?

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No. 

According to Farage it is, he'll still be around beating his drum in years to come, because we won't have left "enough" in his eyes, and the likes of PH will no doubt still encourage him.

To think, this is really only the start of the process, not the end, much fun to come over the next decade or so

Edited by Sweep

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

There was no shade of Remain, such as continue as is, adopt Euro currency, move closer to Federal state.

The simple fact is Leave won over a million more votes than Remain, and the PM of the day had promised that the result would be honoured (then he resigned).

Malc

I voted to leave. At the time, a vote to leave was presented as a simple, straightforward shut down of being governed by Brussels, which in truth I still believe to be a good thing and from a business perspective had many advantages, so took the plunge.

Since then, the divorce has become messy and caused me personal financial loss. Directly as a result.

Only an absolute loon would say that all 33 million who voted knew exactly what they were voting for. On both sides.

Not one single person said we'd still be in a bitter shitstorm over 3 years down the line, having not left and having caused my business to lose customers for nowt. Not one. Anyone who says they knew it would pan out like this is a fucking liar.

For what it's worth, I think we have to leave, and with a deal. Over and above all else, democracy cannot be ignored.

Maybe in 5 years we have another go

30 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

I must admit, I don't fancy the Euro, as it's a bit cack. A Federal State, no issue with that at all really, not that I think it'll actually ever come to that

25 minutes ago, Spider said:

Only an absolute loon would say that all 33 million who voted knew exactly what they were voting for. On both sides.

Not one single person said we'd still be in a bitter shitstorm over 3 years down the line, having not left and having caused my business to lose customers for nowt. Not one. Anyone who says they knew it would pan out like this is a fucking liar.

I'm sure I've quoted Greenland before. Greenland gained limited independence from Denmark, and then withdrew from the EEC in 1985. There was really only fishing issues to be negotiated, and this took 3 years.

3 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

I'm sure I've quoted Greenland before. Greenland gained limited independence from Denmark, and then withdrew from the EEC in 1985. There was really only fishing issues to be negotiated, and this took 3 years.

Did Greenland let a Danish Remainer  negotiate for them?

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

In

or

out

But you know that out has different variants. 

The 48% who ‘lost’ have individually as much right as any of the 52% to define what variant we take. 

We could have avoided this by having Remain. Leave no deal and Leave deal. As the options. (That is tongue in cheek). 

Edited by Ani