Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

• Site Supporter

Oh and Ferrari really have a fucking dog shit engine but they seem to make things even worse with their decisions during the race.

The tyres are shit but maybe the cars are just too fast? Dunno but we need to go back to 2 stops minimum per race. The new regs can't come quick enough imo.

• Members
20 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Oh and Ferrari really have a fucking dog shit engine but they seem to make things even worse with their decisions during the race.

The tyres are shit but maybe the cars are just too fast? Dunno but we need to go back to 2 stops minimum per race. The new regs can't come quick enough imo.

They are ridiculous. How are they so bad. If your car is shit then at least get your technical decisions right. They’re so far away 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

They are ridiculous. How are they so bad. If your car is shit then at least get your technical decisions right. They’re so far away 

There is something seriously wrong at Ferrari. They are just wank in all departments. Even Lec had a bit of a pop over the radio.

I really hope Williams improve or Russell gets a decent seat soon as I think he could be up there in the mix, he batters his team mate every qualifier and race.

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ve had my tyres for nearly 8,000 miles and my car weighs loads more than those f1 cars, so maybe they should consider chucking 4 Michelin Allweathers on 

Get down to the club's car park, and try some 100mph cornering. Should be quite a spectacle.

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ve had my tyres for nearly 8,000 miles and my car weighs loads more than those f1 cars, so maybe they should consider chucking 4 Michelin Allweathers on 

I thought you drove a decent cat or am I thinking of someone else?

I bet Esco's tyres are on the limit when he hands the fucker back after 3 months. Lucky cunt!

• Members
11 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I bet Esco's tyres are on the limit when he hands the fucker back after 3 months. Lucky cunt!

Spider drives a c4 Picasso, a beige one with wheel trims 

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Spider said:

I did have an E class merc for a few years but downgraded to a VW when I realised the tax was £409 more per month to own a Mercedes.

I’ve all but given up on life

Company car tax is fucking stupid now. I think I will go for the allowance next time unless they offer electric and costs come down.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

I did 10k in my gle and they still had 5mm left around whrn it went back 

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

Away up to do the north coast 500 starting tomorrow in it. I have to say this one is my favourite to drive  so far. Absolute delight it is. And fast as fuck. 

On 30/08/2020 at 19:19, Winchester White said:

There is something seriously wrong at Ferrari. They are just wank in all departments. Even Lec had a bit of a pop over the radio.

I really hope Williams improve or Russell gets a decent seat soon as I think he could be up there in the mix, he batters his team mate every qualifier and race.

When Ferrari got overtaken by Raikkonen it really showed how far they have fallen

• Members
5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Brilliant race and whilst Lewis got into the points, proof that equal cars might yield a very different result.

They should reverse the grid every week because that was great.

Start a fresh

All have the same budget. 
Reverse finishing positions

How good of a spectacle would that be 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Start a fresh

All have the same budget. 
Reverse finishing positions

How good of a spectacle would that be 

How would you decide positions? Nobody will try too hard at qualifying knowing the quickest get put at the back. 
m

Perhaps run the qualifying but not yet know if quickest car starts at back or front.

On the day of the race two balls are placed in a bag, whichever one is drawn dictates the starting grid pattern. That way everyone will try for a mid-time so even that is flawed.