Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley 🍕

Eddie

7 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I wasn't going to bother with this (been every Wembley since the Bristol City one) but there's folk never been to a match in their life going, maybe one of our biggest Wembley turnouts in the modern era potentially.

Okay, will be quantity over quality, but tempted me to go.

As someone pointed out before, it's where we are at currently, let's embrace a Wembley final.

Same for me

Wasn't going to bother but both grandkids have been pecking my head since the 1st goal.It's been like a scene from the simpsons,change "are we their yet" for "are we going"

9 hours ago, gonzo said:

Aye. I want to take my youngest and Mrs who aren't ST holders. If its one per ST we'd have to wait till they are on open sale to sit together. By that stage it would probably only the Olympic Gallery left :)

Olympic Gallery i was up there for the liverpool game £86 a ticket  back then 

was away working couldnt get a ticket 

so my Dad got them 

was with my Mum Dad and Bastard Anty and Uncle up there

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Very wise.

Nobody wants to stay in Wycombe, even for one night.

Make sure you go for a pint at the King Charles just behind Kings Cross. One of the best pubs in London.

I stayed there with wife on way to Gillingham. We’d decided at 7.30 on Friday night we’d go to watch the game (it was when the kids were the team) and opted for a stop half way. 
I concur, Wycombe is shit.

9 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

I wasn't going to bother with this (been every Wembley since the Bristol City one) but there's folk never been to a match in their life going, maybe one of our biggest Wembley turnouts in the modern era potentially.

Okay, will be quantity over quality, but tempted me to go.

As someone pointed out before, it's where we are at currently, let's embrace a Wembley final.

I’ve had similar thoughts all through the tournament - but imagine waking up on the 2nd April, every fucker is making their way down to Wembley, 30+k whites on the piss and you’re off to the supermarket before sitting down to watch it on the tele. It’d be absolutely shite, no matter what the tournament is. And for that reason, I’m making my Pizza cup debut and can’t wait for it!

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’ve had similar thoughts all through the tournament - but imagine waking up on the 2nd April, every fucker is making their way down to Wembley, 30+k whites on the piss and you’re off to the supermarket before sitting down to watch it on the tele. It’d be absolutely shite, no matter what the tournament is. And for that reason, I’m making my Pizza cup debut and can’t wait for it!

Bang on. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

You Wouldn't have got me to one of those early rounds for all the cocaine in Peru.

If that makes me a shitfan fickle hypocrite then add it to the list baby :D

1 hour ago, 1969 said:

Same for me

Wasn't going to bother but both grandkids have been pecking my head since the 1st goal.It's been like a scene from the simpsons,change "are we their yet" for "are we going"

Lisa "Mom, Dad, Bart's dead!"

Bart "Dead serious about going to Wembley to see the Wanderers"

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Makes sense 

Should imagine 1 per ST, then 1 per current member then reopen the membership scheme get everyone on the database and reopen the sale 

If a ST holder wants to buy with a member they have to wait until the 2nd window 

Looks like you could be right. And I get it. Fingers burnt previously etc etc.

I just think they’d be missing a trick not allowing season ticket holders to get 2 in first window. With the amount it looks like we’ll get, it’s risk free and provides a good platform to shift lots of tickets allowing groups to buy together at the first opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

Looks like you could be right. And I get it. Fingers burnt previously etc etc.

I just think they’d be missing a trick not allowing season ticket holders to get 2 in first window. With the amount it looks like we’ll get, it’s risk free and provides a good platform to shift lots of tickets allowing groups to buy together at the first opportunity. 

Problem that this is no doubt going to cause is ST holders who have an active E ticket account trying to add a member to their network who will highly likely not have activated their on line account. So therefore won’t allow you to buy on their behalf.. 

personally just want the smoothest outcome possible. Buying for whoever is already in my network at the time but I do think the above will cause some frustration 

Edited by barrycowdrill

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Problem that this is no doubt going to cause is ST holders who have an active E ticket account trying to add a member to their network who will highly likely not have activated their on line account. So therefore won’t allow you to buy on their behalf.. 

personally just want the smoothest outcome possible. Buying for whoever is already in my network at the time but I do think the above will cause some frustration 

By the way I’m not being argumentative, a bit like our previous ticket discussions, they are a good form of debate in looking at options/opinions.

If I’m understanding your point correctly above, wouldn’t the problem of ST holders adding a member exist at any point in time whether it’s before 1st/2nd/3rd window (whenever they decide to allow combined purchases)?

I’ve always found it fairly straightforward adding to my network, in fact I added some easy enough yesterday before they froze it. 

Therefore buying for whoever is in your network (season ticket or member) should (theoretically) be ok at whatever point you buy in the process?

Which then brings me back to the original point of 2 per season ticket holder in first window which to me seems, risk free, fair and promotes bigger group purchases.

8 minutes ago, tomski said:

Ha I love it. Proper boozer full of wronguns. Looks like it was last decorated in the 80s haha

Yeah, if you fancy getting into a scrap with some beaten up Irish bloke, its the place to be!

Went a few times with a mate when we worked at Kings Cross as it was a good place to sneak away for a lunchtime pint without getting caught as no one else for our place would ever go in there!