Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood(H)

DomRepWanderer

27 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Wade Elliot's comment that our 5 subs that came on against Cheltenham would walk into any League 1 team has a ring of truth about it - although I'm still not sure about Dan - but we have the squad to put out a team for any opposition without weakening it in theory.

And that's what IE claims he wants - the ability to tinker with the starting team to "tailor it" for each game i.e. bespoke rather than rotation as we know it.

Just have to trust he knows what he's doing.

I suppose we have a squad for a reason and more fatigue does increase the chances of injuries. I just think that in this kind of form let it play out. I don't think tiredness is an issue this early in the season. But it's good to see a strong set of bench options. 

• Site Supporter

I see both sides to the argument. And we need to accept that rotation is part of the modern game.

Evatt won’t want to wait until we lose before he makes a first 11 change. He’s said before this is a squad game and there’ll be players who suit certain games/opposition.

I think there could be changes tonight, more likely the midfield if there are.

That said, I certainly won’t be disappointed or surprised to see the same starting 11.

I know some don’t like this philosophy, but on occasions when he does change things (when the consensus is keep a winning/the same side) we have to trust it’s an informed/tactical/reasoned decision. Often based on a multitude of data, discussion, pre-training preparation etc etc.

Not, as some like to say, Evatt trying to be clever changing things when he doesn’t need to.

18 minutes ago, desperado said:

I see both sides to the argument. And we need to accept that rotation is part of the modern game.

Evatt won’t want to wait until we lose before he makes a first 11 change. He’s said before this is a squad game and there’ll be players who suit certain games/opposition.

I think there could be changes tonight, more likely the midfield if there are.

That said, I certainly won’t be disappointed or surprised to see the same starting 11.

I know some don’t like this philosophy, but on occasions when he does change things (when the consensus is keep a winning/the same side) we have to trust it’s an informed/tactical/reasoned decision. Often based on a multitude of data, discussion, pre-training preparation etc etc.

Not, as some like to say, Evatt trying to be clever changing things when he doesn’t need to.

Exactly. The rotation thing is a classic cliche moan and it's understandable as fans always want to see what they consider to be the best starting eleven - but that's usually based on their assessment of players rather than the managers' assessment and generally doesn't factor in the research on the opposition, performance in training or niggling injuries that a player might be carrying.

Unfortunately the view of some fans doesn't always chime with the "holy grail" which would be to be able to drop any squad member into the starting team as required and not skip a beat.

We have to trust the manager, his staff and the data because they know better than we do. At least I hope they do :)

JDC, Rico and Iredale have played all 3 game so far in full.

Wouldn't be surprised to read that either of them are joining me in missing the game. Gonna have to Wanderers TV this one as we're away for the missus 40th ,going to be in The Louvre for the Wiggin game so won't get to watch that one.

31 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Wouldn't be surprised to read that either of them are joining me in missing the game. Gonna have to Wanderers TV this one as we're away for the missus 40th ,going to be in The Louvre for the Wiggin game so won't get to watch that one.

The Louvre on a Saturday !?

Good luck.

... & swerve the Moaning Liza. It's dull, tiny, & fckg surrounded by gawpers.

Same starting eleven for me, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. If extremely fit young men can’t do 60 to 70 minutes then they’re not fully fit and just at the moment our whole team seems to be hitting form at the same time so I’d stick with it, especially with the quality of replacements we can bring on as the opposition tires. I’m sure IE knows better than any of us but unless there are injuries I’d be surprised if he changed anything.

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

So this Wanderers TV thingy. I've just registered. Is it just on TV if you are in another country or will this be on there for us exiled down south? Is it still a tenner and can you just purchase later as I can't see a link yet if there is going to be one?

7 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

So this Wanderers TV thingy. I've just registered. Is it just on TV if you are in another country or will this be on there for us exiled down south? Is it still a tenner and can you just purchase later as I can't see a link yet if there is going to be one?

Think if you pay the tenner tonight you'll get the game on tonight as it's outside Saturday blackout, same again for Saturday too.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/subscriptions-and-passes

Scroll down to the very bottom.

Maghoma for Morley.   We know how Fleetwood are gonna come and play so perhaps this change will see maghoma running around defenders freeing up options.   Where as Morley would be the one trying to make that killer pass which will be very difficult tonight.

Just a thought and maybe this will happen after 60 or so.   

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The Louvre on a Saturday !?

Good luck.

... & swerve the Moaning Liza. It's dull, tiny, & fckg surrounded by gawpers.

Yeah just how it lines up with the itinerary, mainly going just to say we've been mainly looking forward to the Pompidou. Gonna be in Eurodisney for her actual birthday.

3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Yeah just how it lines up with the itinerary, mainly going just to say we've been mainly looking forward to the Pompidou. Gonna be in Eurodisney for her actual birthday.

Best thing we did in Paris is doing a boat trip down the Seine, you saw most of the landmarks and then didn't have to spend hours hoiking around - I tell friends all the time then they come to London, you can tick umpteen must sees off in an hour as you slowly go down the Thames with a drink in hand (also if you come down on the train you get 50% off the boat trips)

But if you want really good and affordable food go to Bullion Chartier - its a tourist draw but also popular with locals, make sure you go about 5-ish before the queues. Its cheap (I even managed to afford to eat there when a student) but very good and you get the authentic french food (frogs legs etc) but it's motto is Hearty Food at a Decent Price' so it's basic french food but very well cooked. A must do https://www.bouillon-chartier.com/en/grands-boulevards/visite-360/

30 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Best thing we did in Paris is doing a boat trip down the Seine, you saw most of the landmarks and then didn't have to spend hours hoiking around - I tell friends all the time then they come to London, you can tick umpteen must sees off in an hour as you slowly go down the Thames with a drink in hand (also if you come down on the train you get 50% off the boat trips)

But if you want really good and affordable food go to Bullion Chartier - its a tourist draw but also popular with locals, make sure you go about 5-ish before the queues. Its cheap (I even managed to afford to eat there when a student) but very good and you get the authentic french food (frogs legs etc) but it's motto is Hearty Food at a Decent Price' so it's basic french food but very well cooked. A must do https://www.bouillon-chartier.com/en/grands-boulevards/visite-360/

Cheers got our Seine boat trip planned in on Eiffel Tower Day. Did the Thames boat trip from Westminster to Greenwich when we came down for the lads birthday. If you ever find yourself down Green Genie's neck of the woods then the boat trip from the harbour there is brill too.

Hopefully come back gutted at missing 2 belting results.

Edited by frank_spencer

2 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Cheers got our Swine boat trip planned in on Eiffel Tower Day. Did the Thames boat trip from Westminster to Greenwich when we came down for the lads birthday. If you ever find yourself down Green Genie's neck of the woods then the boat trip from the harbour there is brill too.

Hopefully come back gutted at missing 2 belting results.

Enjoy! Sounds like a belting break

• Site Supporter

Squad rotation is pivotal to our success. This 2023 not 1982.

Players are now athletes. Monitored on everything. No three pints after match and rub down with dog oil.

we have moved on in a positive way and some fans can’t accept it. 

.                     Coleman;

.     Forrester,  Toal,  Ashworth;

. Sadlier, Maghoma, Thomason,  John;

.                     Gomes;

.       Jerome,           Nlundulu

Would be our full rotated squad. Wouldn't be opposed to resting to one, or a combination of

Dempsey, Jones, Santos, Cogley, Charles

Too soon for Toal I believe and Bodvarsson. Would like to see CMG get a start against his old club. Doubt Sadlier or John start or even play but we will need to rest Williams and Cogley eventually. Imagine Ashworth on the left, and Jones at RWB is more likely. We shall see in 30 mins whether we rotate or stick with the winning team. This is a game where we can afford some rotation though

Edited by Mantra

6 minutes ago, Mantra said:

.                     Coleman;

.     Forrester,  Toal,  Ashworth;

. Sadlier, Maghoma, Thomason,  John;

.                     Gomes;

.       Jerome,           Nlundulu

Would be our full rotated squad. Wouldn't be opposed to resting to one, or a combination of

Dempsey, Jones, Santos, Cogley, Charles

Too soon for Toal I believe and Bodvarsson. Would like to see CMG get a start against his old club. Doubt Sadlier or John start or even play but we will need to rest Williams and Cogley eventually. Imagine Ashworth on the left, and Jones at RWB is more likely. We shall see in 30 mins whether we rotate or stick with the winning team. This is a game where we can afford some rotation though

I wouldn’t start with Jerome if we had only 10 players available. Or Sadlier. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I wouldn’t start with Jerome if we had only 10 players available. Or Sadlier. 

I maintain that Sads has had his best games for us coming on with 15 mins to go as a LWB when we're all out attack. But feels like a waste of a squad place currently.

Jerome I'm uncertain on still. Really not seen that much of him. I think he's a useful bench player to have but can't see him contributing significantly to our season, on the pitch anyway.