Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carlisle (H)

Bertie

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

GT & dan out for this

Morley & JDB in

2-0

Maybe - I wouldn’t be disappointed with that.

But, despite his weakness in picking up yellow cards, which definitely needs sorting, GT is the fire in the belly we need at the moment, he’s been integral to us maintaining some control and physicality since Wigan.

I bet @mr_Grey was happy GT and Iredale stayed on in the 2nd half to help us to the win 🤣 

Edited by desperado

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Out, at New Order. We've won every game I've not been to this season though, and I've seen all our draws and defeats 👀 so we'll win this eeeeeasy.

Good 😊. Hope you enjoy New Order.

I liked your snappy one word feelometer by the way yesterday - very relatable 😅

1 hour ago, desperado said:

Good 😊. Hope you enjoy New Order.

I liked your snappy one word feelometer by the way yesterday - very relatable 😅

It was all going well until I lost my goals galore bet by 1 goal and then I didn't want to play anymore!

51 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Super fan to shit fan

not voting for you this time😀

Can count on one hand the number of games between now and Christmas I can make it to as well, disgraceful!

Back to it after that though, if we still have a working railway system by then like 😀

Not sure what to make of Carlisle this season - all their games seem to have been low scoring affairs. No team has scored more than 2 against them, the most they've scored in a game is 2 and they've pulled off decent away draws at Stevenage and Lincoln. Hard to beat?

They have a few good players. Moxon is great on his day, Mellish is classy and they have the Czech giant Holy in goal. Slight worry is if they pick the hit-and-miss winger Ablade specifically for us as he has tons of pace - but generally their strikers aren't all that. TBH it's going to be all about how we play after what's been a tough week - if the players are half as exhausted as I am just watching our last two games they'll be f****d :)

52 minutes ago, DougStanhope said:

Not sure why my last post was deleted 3-1 to Cumbrians.

4500 spurring us on. 

Ablade is fast as any player I've seen in any league, but he is not a footballer!

Brilliant Doug bring as many as you want, all the more money in our coffers. I wish you luck with your 3-1 but I feel you may have got it the wrong way round pal. 

Worked in Carlisle in the 70’s, the unfriendliest place I’ve ever suffered. I recall the uproar at the Cumbrian news headline when a US University Professor visited and awarded Carlisle the lowest rating of anywhere in the world he’d ever visited. He’d go round to see if people looked happy, asked directions, talked to someone at a bus stop, that sort of thing and then mark accordingly. Summed it up for me. 😉

9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Brilliant Doug bring as many as you want, all the more money in our coffers. I wish you luck with your 3-1 but I feel you may have got it the wrong way round pal. 

Worked in Carlisle in the 70’s, the unfriendliest place I’ve ever suffered. I recall the uproar at the Cumbrian news headline when a US University Professor visited and awarded Carlisle the lowest rating of anywhere in the world he’d ever visited. He’d go round to see if people looked happy, asked directions, talked to someone at a bus stop, that sort of thing and then mark accordingly. Summed it up for me. 😉

Well I'd much rather live here than anywhere south of Lancaster, with having the lake district on the doorstep and not being crowded.

You can keep the overcrowded multicultural hellsacpe that is greater Manchester.  

Also the reebok looks to be a prime example of the soulless out of town retail park ground, lovely stuff. 

8 minutes ago, DougStanhope said:

Well I'd much rather live here than anywhere south of Lancaster, with having the lake district on the doorstep and not being crowded.

You can keep the overcrowded multicultural hellsacpe that is greater Manchester.  

Also the reebok looks to be a prime example of the soulless out of town retail park ground, lovely stuff. 

How old are you, stuff for the playground. The points that matter are scored on Saturday. 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, DougStanhope said:

Have you ever actually watched any of Doug Stanhope's sets?

1 hour ago, DougStanhope said:

Not sure why my last post was deleted 3-1 to Cumbrians.

4500 spurring us on. 

Ablade is fast as any player I've seen in any league, but he is not a footballer!

4.5k good going that seeing as you had less than 6k on last night...