Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

£20 Suits

Just bought one. Top notch stuff

Will look the absolute dog's bollox at work tomorrow

Any one else indulged, or are you still wearing Hi-Viz?!!!

Health and Safety still prefer Hi-Viz jackets for some reason.

PN is a teacher: he's used to being a scruffy c??nt at work: it's in his job description.

yes and 100% polyester but what do you want for ??20

So you bought a machine washable polyester suit for 20 quid.

Please dont take this the wrong way and fair enough if it makes you happy, but personally I wouldn't.

I did once buy one when I was getting shitted up on site, and wore it maybe twice then sent it to the charity shop. It was garbage.

You mights as well go in dungarees. Council planners wear polyester suits because they are failures.

It will be fit for fcuk all in no time, out of shape, hang like shite, and when you wash it and iron it again it will end up shiny with tramlines.

In summer you will stink like a polecat.

In my time wearing proper suits, those with at least a bit of wool in them that need dry cleaning, you could get nowt decent for less than 150.

Not essential I accept (I went for an 80 grand overdraft in my jeans and got it, but then again I told them that if I didnt I would take my business elsewhere so could have gone in a fcukin tutu) but if it still presentable in 6 weeks time then I would be suprised. A good suit lasts for years.

Suits, like good shoes.......you get what you pay for. Dont get me wrong, I am not Georgio Armani and can be as scruffy as the next pisspot, but as a man who has had many many suits over the last 10 years, you get nowt for nowt.

And I bet you lose your wallet/phone/pen/fags in the lining because the inside pockets (assuming it has them) will be stiched together like a wet tea bag. :good:

Edited by Smiffs

It will be fit for fcuk all in no time, out of shape, hang like shite, and when you wash it and iron it again it will end up shiny with tramlines.

The Irish Navvy look

It is definately in vogue this year, just nip into the Wine Lodge at 3 0 Clock any afternoon

So you bought a machine washable polyester suit for 20 quid.

Please dont take this the wrong way and fair enough if it makes you happy, but personally I wouldn't.

Anybody who knows me, knows I would not been seen dead in a ??20 suit!

I was only commenting for ??20 you can expect nothing else than a pile of shite that will shrink the first time you attempt to machine wash it.

Guest The Special One

Scruffy c??nt

My cheapest suit is a ??500 Ted Baker

Only snag is, I can't get into the f??cker

I predict a diet

• Site Supporter

A suit made of Polyester for ??20????

First time you go near a naked flame you'll be shrink wrapped.

Those track suits all the chavs wear are 100% polyester too. I fail to see a difference....

A suit made of Polyester for ??20????

First time you go near a naked flame you'll be shrink wrapped.

Those track suits all the chavs wear are 100% polyester too. I fail to see a difference....

funnily enough polyester is fire retardent so if one of the kids at his school brings in a flame thrower he can deal with it.

Just bought one. Top notch stuff

Will look the absolute dog's bollox at work tomorrow

Any one else indulged, or are you still wearing Hi-Viz?!!!

Are the leather patches already sewn on the elbows or do you have to do your own.

• Site Supporter
funnily enough polyester is fire retardent so if one of the kids at his school brings in a flame thrower he can deal with it.

Polyester is combustible but due to its thermoplastic nature, it tends to shrink away from the flame source and often self-extinguishes.

Which would involve a certain amount of shrink-wrapping.

But hey, let's not split artificial hairs.

• Site Supporter
Carlos's rule of the internet no. 2; anyone quoting Wikipedia as a definative source of information has automatically lost the argument.

Carlos, you are probably right. I just put Peter North in Wikipedia and this is what came up:

" North is circumcised, and is known for having an exceptionally large penis both in length and girth, as well as for consistently sporting remarkably turgid erections."

You have the moral high ground Mr. Carlos.

I hate suits, due to my over-sized shoulders, I get certain Greek people in Jaxx telling all & sundry that I have 'shoulders pads in'. :o

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.