Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Which Car?

I need to buy the wife a new car.

It needs to be smallish, ie Corsa, Clio, up to maybe an Astra.

Could do with it being around the 4 grand mark, could go a bit higher.

Any of you kind folk got any knowledge about what the best car would be to buy thinking about reliability, low tax, good looking etc?

Cheers in advance!

Imo the Corsa looks shite, because the same basic shape has been around for about 12 years PLUS they're fookin overated anyway. Don't rule out Citroens ( C2,C3,C4) or Peugeot 206,207, or the VW Polo, or Golf -Don't be put off foreign cars just by some kn@b who says they're no good because they're not English .At the end of the day, if you're looking for a small car that's value for money and economical don't be too snobby on makes and models or the country of origin, and you'll get VFM.

I don't know much about cars but talking to the people do, they rate the Yaris. Had good reviews when it first came out.

Alternatively ask zoe to ask her mechanic friend that she spent time with at the Emirates, he knows a thing or two about what's under the bonnet.

• Site Supporter
I need to buy the wife a new car.

It needs to be smallish, ie Corsa, Clio, up to maybe an Astra.

Could do with it being around the 4 grand mark, could go a bit higher.

Any of you kind folk got any knowledge about what the best car would be to buy thinking about reliability, low tax, good looking etc?

Cheers in advance!

anything jap or german

seconded! whilst BMW's are my no 1 choice, the Mazda Xedos 6 I had in the late 90's was one of the best cars i've ever had...mrs big girl had an MX5 until 2 years ago and that was the dogs bollocks as well.

The new shape Suzuki Swift is a cracking little motor, but dunno if you could pick one up for the 4 grand mark so ignore me!

The new shape Suzuki Swift is a cracking little motor, but dunno if you could pick one up for the 4 grand mark so ignore me!

my dad currently has a skoda superb. Its a good car, but he's had problems with it (and its too big) so is thinking of replacing it with a skoda octavia as so far, he's heard nothing but good reviews on them. They're reasonably cheap too. Think the fabia may be a better size though?

whilst his superb is being fixed, he's been loaned an 07 suzuki swift. its a great car, and reasonably small too.

saying that, im a woman and nothing about cars. (or driving them, before anyone else says it)

Mrs Blackley has read all the replies with great interest and she's decided the car of her choice is..............................................................................

a red one.

Mrs Blackley has read all the replies with great interest and she's decided the car of her choice is..............................................................................

a red one.

A red corsa?

a red one.

:rofl:

Not far off Traf!!

Thanks for the advice folks, Ani, will PM you later.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.