Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cahill

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean like the 7 foot tall chap who played in the defence that kept a clean sheet at Newcastle last game out?

But people keep saying hes not good enough, not seen much wrong with him myself ... bit rough around the edges but he will learn, and will chip in with a few goals as well given a run in the team.

I don't see why were panicking buying a centre back - the defence looks organised enough now whoever plays there. Its goals that are going to keep us in this league so a striker should be the priority.

Whether Cahill is worth the fee or not he's not going to make the difference to the season someone like Anelka would.

I would stay well clear of nugent - way way off the pace of the premier league

Roberts would be decent if at the right price, so would Harewood

Meite always looks un-interested, thats just the way he is ... hes not a arm wave or shouter tahts Nolans job

I'd be very surprised if Megson doesn't choose AOB & Cahill ahead of Metie. Some of his errors have been criminal, a la back heel clearance into the path of the attacker against Wigan.

I'd like to see Stienson at CB & JOB back on the right.

Edited by ChezneyHawkes

I'd be very surprised if Megson doesn't choose AOB & Cahill of Metie. Some of his errors have been criminal, a la back heel clearance into the path of the attacker against Wigan.

I'd like to see Stienson at CB & JOB back on the right.

I agreed until then. Stienson is a quality right back, he is good in defence and good going forward, JOB is w*nk at right back. With Miete AOB Michalik and nw it looks like Cahill then we don't need Steinson at CB.

I agreed until then. Stienson is a quality right back, he is good in defence and good going forward, JOB is w*nk at right back. With Miete AOB Michalik and nw it looks like Cahill then we don't need Steinson at CB.

Aparently he can play all positions accross the back.

Agreed we're probably a little top heavy in def now.

I also heard he can play across the back, and maybe if we were really short at CB then he could play there. All I was saying is that at the moment we have suffiecient cover at CB who aren't doing too badly, and he is doing very well at RB, personally I wouldn't change anything.

Without Samuel and Michalik the balance is probably about right, fans of Burnley & Villa I have spoken to rate Cahill very highly.

How about 3-2-3-2

Three CB's

Two Holding Midfielders

Two Wing Backs + one attacking midfielder

Two strikers.

Looks good on paper .......... and about as far from a Megson team as you could imagine.

<_<

A new sysytem that nobody ( ie mamnagement, players or fans) would understand: we'd get f?cking mullered.

How about 3-2-3-2

Three CB's

Two Holding Midfielders

Two Wing Backs + one attacking midfielder

Two strikers.

Looks good on paper .......... and about as far from a Megson team as you could imagine.

<_<

Did you get that on Fifa 08?

Confirmed

Confirmed on t'official site

"GARY CAHILL has signed for Bolton Wanderers on a three-and-a-half year deal for an undisclosed sum from Aston Villa.

The 22 year-old Sheffield-born defender made 28 appearances for the West Midlands outfit since coming through the ranks at Villa Park.

He enjoyed a great loan spell with Burnley in the 2004/2005 season where he became the Clarets' Player of the Year.

Cahill, who stands at 6ft 2ins, has made four appearances for England under 21 since making his international debut last year.

Manager Gary Megson said "He is a player I have admired for a long time. Gary is very talented and at 22 years of age has a very, very bright future ahead of him. It is fantastic news that he has agreed to join Bolton Wanderers."

Gary Cahill said "It is the right move for me to come to Bolton. I had a look around their set-up and met with the manager and Chairman, and I was impressed with what I saw and heard."

Meanwhile, Megson confirmed that he is hopeful of bringing in some additional recruits ahead of the transfer deadline.

He added: "We've still got a couple of irons in the fire - and I'm optimistic that we'll be able to conclude those deals."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.