Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Calum Davenport / Other Centre Halves

Sluffy

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on track this really does make a refreshing change and something I am not afraid to say I like about Megson:

Megson said: "We've got an agreement with West Ham but we're also looking at other players in that position.

"We've also got another player that we're close to coming to an agreement with, so it's decision time.

"We may get accused of messing somebody about but we've got to do what's right for the football club. It still may happen that Calum joins Bolton but we'll need another 24 hours before we decide what we're going to do."

• Moderators
we'll never know unless we put in an offer, no one else has put an offer in. he'll never play week in week out for United and at 28 he can still do something about it.

and how much would you suggest we realistically offer in terms of transfer and wages to convince him and utd to part company?

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/...p;TEAMHD=soccer

well done to Megson for not panicking, he is looking at other options before making his decision.

thanks for the link for the quote I posted 5 minutes ago :pardon:

I wonder if we can merge the two threads as both possible centre back signings are being discussed in each thread now, and I am getting bloody confused if this is the Davenport or Zenit player we are talking about!!

Well you've got a 50/50 chance of getting it right. It's between him n Davenport.

I'le go for...

Davenport, signed today, but hasn't trained

Well not as neither could have signed and not trained or neither could have signed but trained with their own club!!

Its open house now! Another defender we are linked with from SSN

The interest in Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra is mounting, skysports.com understands.

Rangers have insisted that they do not want to let the Algerian international leave Ibrox just over six months after he signed for them.

Bougherra arrived in the summer from Charlton and he has made a huge impact.

However, his excellent form has caught the attention of a host of clubs south of the border, and a number of Premier League side are ready to test Rangers' resolve.

It is believed a bid of around ?4million could tempt the Scottish giants into selling and they are bracing themselves for a number of bids.

Newcastle are known admirers of the 26-year-old and are ready to make a move, but they are not the only interested party.

Sunderland, Bolton and Wigan are also ready believed to be gearing up bids

Davenport -

In a nutshiell is 'ok'.

he's fine (most of the time) at dealing in the air with corners and set pieces, and in a couple of tricky away games lately has done us proud.

he's the kind of player that as a supporter of a club, you wouldn't really raise an eyelid if he was either in your starting line up or sold.

Majority of the time he won't let you down, but if your looking for an outstanding central defender/leader of your defence type figure, then he ain't it.

If your full backs push up to much, or there's no reliable holding midfielder dealing with anything tricky coming down the middle, then don't expect too many memorable last gasp tackles and to be honest he deals with stuff in the air a lot better than at his feet, especially if its at pace.

But you can expect a fairly competent central defender dealing with the bread and butter, albeit with a few lapses, like most in the league.

?3M is a bit much to be honest, but overall if his hearts in it and he's up to his best playing for you, you could do a lot worse.

That's what we need !

IMO

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.