Calum Davenport / Other Centre Halves

Sluffy

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defender Puygrenier joins Bolton

Puygrenier has played Champions League football this season

Bolton have signed defender Sebastien Puygrenier on loan from Russian side Zenit St Petersburg until the end of the season.

The 26-year-old played in Zenit's Uefa Super Cup victory over Manchester United in August and his move is subject to international clearance.

The Frenchman moved to Zenit last summer after spells in his homeland with Stade Rennais and Nancy.

It is Bolton boss Gary Megson's first signing of the transfer window

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7820684.stm

What do we think about this then people?

Bolton have signed defender Sebastien Puygrenier on loan from Russian side Zenit St Petersburg until the end of the season.

The 26-year-old played in Zenit's Uefa Super Cup victory over Manchester United in August and his move is subject to international clearance.

The Frenchman moved to Zenit last summer after spells in his homeland with Stade Rennais and Nancy.

Looks like he can head a ball properly at least:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rMKBVW-ijZk

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OkT0oCBiEjE

Suppose we'll just have to wait and see but Zenit are a good side so he must have some quality about him. Anyone seen much of him before our interest was mentioned?

Wonder if he'll be in the startuing line up for sat?

I would be very suprised if he did, I'm not even sure he's got international clearance yet. Presumbaly if he's not been playing regularly for Zenit, then he won't be fully match fit yet

We've now got the cover required at the back, if it works out we sign him if not we let him go back, no fee paid just wages, with Davenport we would have have paid a fee + wages.

And if it does not work out theres is a good chance Davenport will still be avilable in the summer ... win/win for me

I would be very suprised if he did, I'm not even sure he's got international clearance yet. Presumbaly if he's not been playing regularly for Zenit, then he won't be fully match fit yet

Plus the Russians are in a mid-winter break, aren't they ?

Hope he's ready for ManU though.

I'm happier with this than Davenport

Whatever Davenport is or might have been he'll never be a revelation

Who knows, this chap might be

If he's sh?t I think AOB and Cahill can see us right anyway and we look again in the summer

Also hopefully means more money to use on the other signing (s) we make

That could be the most important thing really, say this guy is only costing ?250K~?500K as a "loan fee" then it should mean Megson has at least another ?2.5M to play with, on top of whatever else he has, which he wouldn't have should he have signed Davenport

I'm happier with this than Davenport

Whatever Davenport is or might have been he'll never be a revelation

Who knows, this chap might be

If he's sh?t I think AOB and Cahill can see us right anyway and we look again in the summer

Agreed

Now

Pee grun ee hay

About right?

Think this one is a good coup for Megson, let us hope he shines and maybe just maybe Megson will start to win round the bolton public, I really do hope so.

do nt talk daft a lot of people on here and bolton generally will no tlike him whatever he does.

they seem happier when we lose.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.