Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Happy St George's Day - 23rd April

It would be rude not to :drinks: Count me in !

A word of advice to anyone meeting up with the Fenny Crew, no matter how drunk they look DO NOT play darts against them for money.

Had a great day last year :good:

If there's a game of Darts on the cards, I'll fetch my arrows.. :good:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May be you could help some people on here, start at the top & work down, or just pick the person who as made the most posts.

ooh, get her!

At least I'd never enter a battle of wits unarmed.

• Members
Nicked from elsewhere

"Yeah.

After a breakfast of danish bacon, danish sausage, irish black pud and a cup of indian tea whilst watching my Japanese telly, I'll get dressed up in my italian and american branded clothes made by little kids in some sweatshop in the Phillippines. I'll phone a taxi on my Finnish Nokia phone to get dropped off by an asian taxi driver driving a german car,few pints of French lager in a Australian theme pub."

Keep that Mick. You can use it in Ireland on St. Pats day; the US on Independence Day or France on Bastille day.

Nationalistic fervour never sits well with you lefties does it?

Walked it to work today, so leaving my options open.

Just secured the St Georges Cross to the window - so its flying high in the Churchgate breeze as I type!

Right, going to dig out some Specials, Levellers and other bits of English music for the day.

Dirty ol' town, dirty ol' town!

Keep that Mick. You can use it in Ireland on St. Pats day; the US on Independence Day or France on Bastille day.

Nationalistic fervour never sits well with you lefties does it?

Doesn't bother me - you go for it - bedeck your house with the Cross of St George and have a bulldog tattooed on your bellend. Whatever floats your boat.

• Site Supporter
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry God for Harry, England and St George!'.

:good: God save the Queen. Ill be celebrating and proud!

• Members
Doesn't bother me - you go for it - bedeck your house with the Cross of St George and have a bulldog tattooed on your bellend. Whatever floats your boat.

:rofl: I can see that Mick, I really can.

Just think that half the world celebrate their particular national days using the English language. Makes you proud eh?

:rofl: I can see that Mick, I really can.

Just think that half the world celebrate their particular national days using the English language. Makes you proud eh?

It's an accident of birth I'm English - my mum and dad almost emigrated to your neck of the woods before I was born so I could have been born an Aussie. I'm not right arsed either way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I wasn't born in some impoverished shithole, but equally I'd have been just as happy being born in the South of France or California or *Insert your own nice part of the world.

I just don't get this St George's Day malarkey at all.

I'm English, yes.

Proud to be so? Not particularly.

Our Royal Family are German Greeks in the main (plus an offspring of James Hewitt).

The country's fucked on so many levels it's untrue.

But keep St. George in my heart, yeah right.

I'm English, yes.

Our Royal Family are German Greeks in the main (plus an offspring of James Hewitt).

Think Traf hits the nail on the head - and his thoughts almost replicated in this song!!

England My Home

The Levellers

You gave me my birth

Then you made me pay

What is it worth

Cast me away

You've really done it now

Dying in my arms

You stand here with nothing

But you've still got english charm

Oh England, you're my home

My heart's heart

Crashing thunder of love

You're a place of the poor

Open wound

The lost rites of love

You cut your own throat

Then you let it bleed

Misleading your people

From what they all need

Roots forgotten

That's what we all say

But what does it matter

You're the USA

Why is it England

I feel like rubbish on your streets

Why is it when I care

If feel incomplete

Why does our future seem

Such a feat

When will our consciousness

Finally meet

Oh, whatever happened to

My green and pleasant land

• Members

I'm English, yes.

Each to their own mate. As I have said before, I was patriotic when I lived there and moving away does tend to multiply it tenfold.

You don't realise just how wonderful it is til you move away.

In similar vein, there are folk who live in Perth who have never left Western Australia and pour sh1t on this place. Human nature I suppose.

The one thing I do know is that each time the world has been on the brink of disaster, a large proportion of the world looks at that little dot on the globe for guidance, leadership and, often, salvation. Wherever I go in this S.E Asian neck of the woods, there is respect (sometimes grudging) for the many good things we have exported (language; commercial systems; Westminster parliamentary system and spotted dick).

It is human nature to complain about stuff. Look at the newspapers. They sell based on this very principle. Printing good, happy stories doesn't sell newspapers - stuff that gives people an excuse to moan or makes them angry does.

If you, or anyone else called mick brown, isn't proud to be English, then that is your right. All I know is that I am.

Mick - you still have time to become an Aussie mate?

6.00am Up and out for a jog around the woods high up in sunny Rossendale

7:15am Bacon and Eggs and a strong cup of tea.

7:40am In work trying to keep our bit of whats left of English manufacturing going

8:00am walk around plant to see several flags of st George proudly displayed

to come

12:00 Liquid lunch including real english hand drawn ale together with a ploughmans lunch

17:00 session at Gym

19:00 down to local pub for more real ale, pool, darts and pudding chips n peas plus local band.

23:00 stagger home and coax Doris to to become my pretend nurse with outfit including manditory black stocking and sussies for final hour

Get in there :D

john-bull.jpg

• Members
6.00am Up and out for a jog around the woods high up in sunny Rossendale

7:15am Bacon and Eggs and a strong cup of tea.

7:40am In work trying to keep our bit of whats left of English manufacturing going

8:00am walk around plant to see several flags of st George proudly displayed

to come

12:00 Liquid lunch including real english hand drawn ale together with a ploughmans lunch

17:00 session at Gym

19:00 down to local pub for more real ale, pool, darts and pudding chips n peas plus local band.

23:00 stagger home and coax Doris to to become my pretend nurse with outfit including manditory black stocking and sussies for final hour

Get in there :D

:good: Now this, is living.

Each to their own mate. As I have said before, I was patriotic when I lived there and moving away does tend to multiply it tenfold.

You don't realise just how wonderful it is til you move away.

In similar vein, there are folk who live in Perth who have never left Western Australia and pour sh1t on this place. Human nature I suppose.

The one thing I do know is that each time the world has been on the brink of disaster, a large proportion of the world looks at that little dot on the globe for guidance, leadership and, often, salvation. Wherever I go in this S.E Asian neck of the woods, there is respect (sometimes grudging) for the many good things we have exported (language; commercial systems; Westminster parliamentary system and spotted dick).

It is human nature to complain about stuff. Look at the newspapers. They sell based on this very principle. Printing good, happy stories doesn't sell newspapers - stuff that gives people an excuse to moan or makes them angry does.

If you, or anyone else called mick brown, isn't proud to be English, then that is your right. All I know is that I am.

Mick - you still have time to become an Aussie mate?

Aye - could well happen - but the wierd thing is if I did go there I wouldn't take citizenship.

England may be in turmoil now, but so is the rest of this world. Today is about celebrating our English Heritage and being proud of it.

So I will be out today in our national colours, singing old English songs, supping real ale and generally having a bloody good time. :drinks:

Fenny

Ps. And on the 23rd of April, as long as I live, I shall be doing the same. :good:

Is it St George's Day? Sorry, what with no-one never celebrating it before I'd quite forgotten. Maybe, Sun-backed Media Campaign and Opportunistic Politicial Showboating of the Lowest Common Denominator Day might be better?

:roll:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.