Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oh Dear!

My mate who is a Norwich fan went to the Norwich v. Ipswich derby at Portman Road a couple of years ago and got chatting to one of the stewards about who were the worst behaved away fans. He said the steward went over the usual suspects but apparently the scariest, angriest crowd he had seen were the Bolton fans during and after the 2000 Barry Knight Play Off game!

I very rarely lose my mind at a football match, but at the final whistle I lost all control.

The Ipswich bastuds came over to our corner and fcukin taunted us - after witnessing

the referring debacle, that was the last straw, I somehow found myself putting my foot through one of

their seats and was contemplating chuckin the thing at the cnuts when I witnessed a copper who

surprisingly didn't collar me but just shook his head. I made a hasty exit.

Taken from the Mike Hunt (Vol 2) Anecdotes for Insomniacs

My mate who is a Norwich fan went to the Norwich v. Ipswich derby at Portman Road a couple of years ago and got chatting to one of the stewards about who were the worst behaved away fans. He said the steward went over the usual suspects but apparently the scariest, angriest crowd he had seen were the Bolton fans during and after the 2000 Barry Knight Play Off game!

After the final whistle them farmers came on the pitch and came over to take the royal piss out of us. Them that know Portman Rd will know that the stand where we sat is sort of two tiered and had a corrugated roof halfway down. Thought it was going to give way when a couple of 16st plus Bolton fans were on it trying to get to them.

That was the most bizzare and intence match I have witnessed in my life. Took me 6 months to get over that night - still got a pictute of Barry Knight on my dart board.

Ipswich have acted very strangely over this one:

Magilton is off work on compassionate leave: I think his mother is dying.

There's only 2 games to go and they sack him whilst he's off.

Then they give the job to a feral Irish DMB cunt.

After the final whistle them farmers came on the pitch and came over to take the royal piss out of us. Them that know Portman Rd will know that the stand where we sat is sort of two tiered and had a corrugated roof halfway down. Thought it was going to give way when a couple of 16st plus Bolton fans were on it trying to get to them.That was the most bizzare and intence match I have witnessed in my life. Took me 6 months to get over that night - still got a pictute of Barry Knight on my dart board.

Undies, how f?ckin dare you say that I was 16st that night, one of our lot actually dropped down into the lower tier to 'have words' with the carrot crunchers.

After the final whistle them farmers came on the pitch and came over to take the royal piss out of us. Them that know Portman Rd will know that the stand where we sat is sort of two tiered and had a corrugated roof halfway down. Thought it was going to give way when a couple of 16st plus Bolton fans were on it trying to get to them.

That was the most bizzare and intence match I have witnessed in my life. Took me 6 months to get over that night - still got a pictute of Barry Knight on my dart board.

aye, what a strange event is was all round. Most times, even when it looks like there's summat more to it, deep down you know the ref's just been crap. This is the one occassion I'll go to my grave knowing we were cheated.

Oh and how much grief did they get off Sheepshank's FA for that invasion at the end or the PA announcer goading Bolton? Bloody nowt of course.

Well karma has done for them thus far - and in the light of the last few days it has more in store. I'd laugh me nuts off if they went down next year, the cheating, inbred, yokel ćunts.

Does anyone have a copy of the game I could borrow?

I've got a copy of the ITV highlights, got it off Chadd a poster on here who's based down that way. It's VHS but if anyone can bang it on to a DVD for me for then there might be a beer in it for you.

Edited by Underpants

What a shame, my heart bleeds !!

What goes around comes around - hope he never gets another job.

Cheating tw**s. I for one will never forgive and never forget.

If that had been a weeknd game, with a bigger following from us they would have had world war 3 on their hands.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Most times, even when it looks like there's summat more to it, deep down you know the ref's just been crap. This is the one occassion I'll go to my grave knowing we were cheated.

Agree with you there.

There have only truly been 3 occasions when I felt a ref was bent and not just shit:

Juventus v Derby 1973 first leg of European cup semi.

Leeds v Bayern Munich 1975 European Cup final

Ipswich v Bolton on that night.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.