Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Big Sam One Trick Pony

I'd say no, he went to Jackburn when they were 2nd bottom and they almost finished above us. And next season I imagine the dingles will finish above us for sure.

He loves the limelight & spouts a lot of shit, but is a cracking manager.

Nowt wrong with looking at some 'old timers', Youri was the best player I've ever seen in a Bolton shirt :drinks:

I am not so sure, I speak to a few Blackburn fans and the big question he has to answer is how he moves on from long throws and long balls as they are yet to be convinced of this style of play, looking at who he is trying to sign I feel he has no intention of trying to change the style, the Blackburn fans will not put up with it for long.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Successful for the short term, his luck finally run out with his group of old talent running out of steam, how megson turned it around ill never know ''pure class''. It shows how bad of a situation he left us in because Megson is still transforming the club now(whilst keeping us up). I don't care what anybody says, what he's done for Bolton so far is admired by me.

Sir Nat,

I appreciate that Megson has achieved his goals by keeping us in prem whilst slashing the wage bill, however to say it was pure class! There were a lot of poor teams in the league the last couple of seasons and don?t forget he got money to spend which Sam never had. He inherited an ageing squad ok, however a squad minus Sammy Lees signings that qualified for Europe.

Did you go to Lisbon?

Saint Sam played a weak team against Plovdiv, we only quailified due to an OG.

True, but it wasn?t nearing the later stages of a major competition we had a real chance of progressing in. I lost alot of respect for Megson that night and it will take more than merely existing in the prem to gain it back.

Saying that I like the way Megson prefers buying young English lads (Something Sam never did) and hes assembled a good spine to the team in Jussi, Cahill, Taylor, and Davo and with a good second season from Muamba and Elmander could well help him build a few bridges and gain a bit more respect from us fans. He needs it.

Saint Sam played a weak team against Plovdiv, we only quailified due to an OG.
That is right. Big Sam played weakened teams in Uefa Cup matches all over the place, in fact he did it for home games as well. For some reason people choose to forget this but continually bring up the Lisbon match.

Remember also that our team managed by Gary Megson managed to avoid defeat against Bayern Munich at the league stage otherwise we would have been knocked out, meaning the Lisbon match would never had happened.

Edited by Zozzy

• Moderators

Allardyce?s team when knocked out of Uefa

Jussi

N?gotty

Faye

Gardner

O?brien

Ben haim

Nolan

Speed

Stelios

Okocha

Davies

Subs

Walker

Borgetti

Pedersen

Hunt

Jaidi

Nakata

Vaz te

Megson?s team when knocked out of Uefa

Al habsi ? no prem game in 08/09

Hunt ? No prem game 08/09

Cahill

Meite - released

Samuel

J.O?brien

Guthrie ? didn?t sign

Andranik - released

Stelios - released

Vaz te

Helguson - released

Subs

Walker - released

Bratten - released

Harsanyi - released

Sinclair - released

Sissons - released

Wolfe - released

Jamieson - released

Megson couldn't have rated that many of them.

zozz, never mind all that

theres no evidence we'd have beat lisbon whatever team we put out

They were shit and they're for the taking, but Garty/Davies had Megson under instruction, as well as Megson having a ?1m bonus to stay up so getting out of UEFA was appealing. You can't blame Megson, i'd have fielded a weakened team for that money riding on it.

They were shit and they're for the taking, but Garty/Davies had Megson under instruction, as well as Megson having a ?1m bonus to stay up so getting out of UEFA was appealing. You can't blame Megson, i'd have fielded a weakened team for that money riding on it.

If Megson did have that bonus, also remember the 35M bonus he got us by keeping Bolton up :good:

Megson?s team when knocked out of Uefa

Al habsi ? no prem game in 08/09

Hunt ? No prem game 08/09

Cahill

Meite - released

Samuel

J.O?brien

Guthrie ? didn?t sign

Andranik - released

Stelios - released

Vaz te

Helguson - released

Subs

Walker - released

Bratten - released

Harsanyi - released

Sinclair - released

Sissons - released

Wolfe - released

Jamieson - released

Megson couldn't have rated that many of them.

IMO 2 more of them would have been released too by now but for injury.

Having been a non subscribing observer of this ,and other forums it is clear to see,that all this infighting between ALL of the BWFC supporters,is noy unique in itself,as i am sure lots of clubs supporters have differing views.But the one prevailing theme amongst the forums is the anti,and pro Megson elements something i have ever rarely come accross,how can one man split a whole clubs supporters in the way he has.

Having been a non subscribing observer of this ,and other forums it is clear to see,that all this infighting between ALL of the BWFC supporters,is noy unique in itself,as i am sure lots of clubs supporters have differing views.But the one prevailing theme amongst the forums is the anti,and pro Megson elements something i have ever rarely come accross,how can one man split a whole clubs supporters in the way he has.

Welcome!

Right, that's the niceties over. I think the issue is not pro or anti it's folk's perceptions. If you say something negative it's jumped on as being anti (though some miserable cunts on here do nowt but be negative) & positive is seen as a happy clapper.

I've no issue with comments either way, I just don't understand why some nobbers feel a need to call him silly names and get personal. I'm sure he didn't choose to be ginger and unattractive & I doubt them having a go have got fancy names or look like George Clooney/Scarlett Johannson.

Welcome!

Right, that's the niceties over. I think the issue is not pro or anti it's folk's perceptions. If you say something negative it's jumped on as being anti (though some miserable cunts on here do nowt but be negative) & positive is seen as a happy clapper.

I've no issue with comments either way, I just don't understand why some nobbers feel a need to call him silly names and get personal. I'm sure he didn't choose to be ginger and unattractive & I doubt them having a go have got fancy names or look like George Clooney/Scarlett Johannson.

Good post. It doesn't help he looks like that ginger gimp in the Full Monty, George Clooney he ain't ,but unfortunately his personality and PR skills with Bolton fans don't make up for it. However glad to see a few on here look beyond his obvious limitations and defend his corner.

• Moderators
Good post. It doesn't help he looks like that ginger gimp in the Full Monty, George Clooney he ain't ,but unfortunately his personality and PR skills with Bolton fans don't make up for it. However glad to see a few on here look beyond his obvious limitations and defend his corner.

I couldn't care if our manager looked like the Elephant Man or Phil Neville so long as they did a job.

You can knock Megson's PR skills, as he's scored more than one own goal, but I prefer that than being a fat face media whore with something to say on eveything - usually himself.

I couldn't care if our manager looked like the Elephant Man or Phil Neville so long as they did a job.

You can knock Megson's PR skills, as he's scored more than one own goal, but I prefer that than being a fat face media whore with something to say on eveything - usually himself.

His job is not to look good, his job is not to look good for the media, his JOB is to manage BWFC with the players at his disposal which he as done, that is what he should be judged on and not on some other made criteria which most of use on here would also fail on

Aren't they the same person? :unknw:

F?ck off syd you negative Megson Critic Bastard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.