Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson Protests

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Bolty - genuine question I started going the match in mid 80's as a kid so have never known anything like whats going on now - has it been worse and I'm not talking division we are in or quality of football I'm talking in fighting and shitty atmospheres at every home and some away games?

If you started to go in the mid 80's, you were probably part of some 2,000+ crowds at certain games? If so, you may understand my comment that what we have now is light years ahead.

The protest video makes me laugh, disorganised, hardly passionate and not representative of the bulk of Bolton fans. Also that protest was far too late, he had already been appointed by then and no protest would dislodge a newly appointed manager. By that time most fans, whilst not particularly pleased with the appointment, had decided to bite their tongues, wait and see and judge by results. My own take was always, this is Gartside's man and if it goes wrong then he should 'fall on his sword' also. However he kept us up and I suppose that position has now passed, even though its difficult to see where we go from here.

Surely instead of organising half hearted protests we should all be getting behind the team instead, what do you think the protests are going to do to players morale after 1 game? :blink:

If it's the same ones as that youtube video, you'd hope the players would take one look at them and have a similar opinion as many on here.

I happen to believe that supporters have no influence to bring about the sacking of a manager. And even if they did they certainly have no say in the appointment of a new manager who may be worse than the person he is replacing. So be careful what you wish for. While not being everybody's cup of tea, Gary Megson has achieved everything that has been asked of him so far. A top half finish and a decent cup run this season will be another year on year improvement.

Guest squidgy66
I happen to believe that supporters have no influence to bring about the sacking of a manager. And even if they did they certainly have no say in the appointment of a new manager who may be worse than the person he is replacing. So be careful what you wish for. While not being everybody's cup of tea, Gary Megson has achieved everything that has been asked of him so far. A top half finish and a decent cup run this season will be another year on year improvement.

I'm on a course with a Norwich fan that would beg to differ on that one mate

Agreed, he's done everything asked of him

You can imagine the top brass think the same way - he's controlled costs, shed players, kept us up from a perilous position, then again the year after

If he just stopped picking 3 slow midfielders at home and stopped spitting his dummy when he speaks to the press he might get cut a bit more slack

I'm on a course with a Norwich fan that would beg to differ on that one mate

Bryan Gunn was sacked as a result of new owners taking over. Nothing to do with the fans.

Guest squidgy66
Bryan Gunn was sacked as a result of new owners taking over. Nothing to do with the fans.

I always though that a 7-1 defeat on the opening game of the season and fans throwing their season tickets had a bearing :pardon:

• Moderators
I happen to believe that supporters have no influence to bring about the sacking of a manager. And even if they did they certainly have no say in the appointment of a new manager who may be worse than the person he is replacing. So be careful what you wish for.

I guess you missed Fat Sam's departure from Newcastle because of his style of play and the the subsequent appointment of some messiah or other then?

You are correct on inevitable relegation though.

Guest leef78

Word reaches me that Gary's "postion" will be reviewed after the Stoke game on 19th September....

Could be utter shit mind you, that thats the word on the street etc etc.

• Site Supporter
Word reaches me that Gary's "postion" will be reviewed after the Stoke game on 19th September....

Could be utter shit mind you, that thats the word on the street etc etc.

I assume that's from Gartside and not some dollop of plankton in the pub then?

Guest leef78
I assume that's from Gartside and not some dollop of plankton in the pub then?

nope, not from some bloke in the pub. Not from Gartsides mouth either, was apperently said by the top man Eddie Davies while gartside was present.

I have trawled through most of the Wanderers forums,and the common concensus is that the majority want Megson gone like yesterday,now although protests are feeble in our part of the world somewhere along the line the club must have somebody employed to weigh up fans views,and also trawl these forums.

Now if someone from this forum,which I can honestly say is the only one in support of Megson can give me reason enough why he should remain(because I AM STRUGGLING TO FIND ONE) then you can post on these forums,and put your positives accross to 95% of the negheads that populate the said forums.

So like I said protests are feeble,but the pen is mightier than the sword at the end of the day.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.