Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hull City V Bolton Wanderers 22/08/2009

Carlos

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutting result will let the lads and lasses who went to do post how we did before slating anyone but threads on the game look like new season same old shit to me.

Just seen megson on sky it was heavily edited but IMO along with recent interviews he looks weiry and on his last legs to me - he's got thicker skin than a bull elelphant but looks to me like he's starting to have had enough with the flack, unless it's that he's unhappy wi board backing for striking options which would be gutting if he's coppering up to get someone in - he's the one who's spanked ?8m on elmander who I think would do well in a decent team who play to his strengths which we are not so he's no chance and is on seriously borrowed time - he picked out taylor and davies for criticism today which wont go down well but when you look at the stats and when either last scored a league goal it's very very worrying Jan I think - he's getting more rope and he's hanging himself can't say I'm disappointed with the inevitable outcome of all this, but will keep plugging away and back the team we need points on the board.

• Site Supporter
I seem to recall that Souness turned the gig down and the other runner was Dowie. Mourinho ain't gonna take the job guys.

Exactly, folk seem to think that a dozen world class managers will form an orderly queue outside the ticket office if Megson goes.

Exactly, folk seem to think that a dozen world class managers will form an orderly queue outside the ticket office if Megson goes.

Bruce Rioch, Sam Allardyce and Cloin Todd weren't world class managers but they bought decent players, played decent football or played winning football or all three

Guest Holly_Goodhead
Gutting result will let the lads and lasses who went to do post how we did before slating anyone but threads on the game look like new season same old shit to me.

Just seen megson on sky it was heavily edited but IMO along with recent interviews he looks weiry and on his last legs to me - he's got thicker skin than a bull elelphant but looks to me like he's starting to have had enough with the flack, unless it's that he's unhappy wi board backing for striking options which would be gutting if he's coppering up to get someone in - he's the one who's spanked ?8m on elmander who I think would do well in a decent team who play to his strengths which we are not so he's no chance and is on seriously borrowed time - he picked out taylor and davies for criticism today which wont go down well but when you look at the stats and when either last scored a league goal it's very very worrying Jan I think - he's getting more rope and he's hanging himself can't say I'm disappointed with the inevitable outcome of all this, but will keep plugging away and back the team we need points on the board.

From the Bolton News match report

"Sections of the travelling support turned on their manager before the final whistle as chants of ?We want Megson out? rang around the ground, but if the fans want anyone to blame for Wanderers? latest setback then they should look no further than their strikers. "

• Site Supporter
Bruce Rioch, Sam Allardyce and Cloin Todd weren't world class managers but they bought decent players, played decent football or played winning football or all three

Todd and Rioch have done fuck all in the top flight (where are they now?) and Blackburn are below us in the table. Still we'll not let facts etc......

"Sections of the travelling support turned on their manager before the final whistle as chants of ?We want Megson out? rang around the ground, but if the fans want anyone to blame for Wanderers? latest setback then they should look no further than their strikers. "

Whats your point? Fans right or BN right?

Guest Holly_Goodhead
Whats your point? Fans right or BN right?

Both

But who paid ?8.2 million for one of the strikers doing the missing...

Guest westmidswhite

what Strikers - we dont have any in the club and who's fault is that

Looking at the stats, Elmander and Davies are putting Megson under pressure. 23 shots we had today with no return :pardon:

Edited by Breightmet Boy

I seem to recall that Souness turned the gig down and the other runner was Dowie. Mourinho ain't gonna take the job guys.

I could only really see Dowie coming as it's convenient for him still living on C.N.R and currently out of a job (would he want it though)

I could only really see Dowie coming as it's convenient for him still living on C.N.R and currently out of a job (would he want it though)

Aidy Boothroyd, Gordon Strachan, Gary Johnson, Steve Coppell, Alan Curbishley,

would all be conceivably interested in the job and have as good a CV as any manager we've appointed in recent seasons and I mean at the time we appointed them not after we gave them a chance to make their name - so they meet our usual criteria..............the big thing is they would all give HOPE to the majority of fans of a brighter future rightly or wrongly and immediately galavanise the whole club, who's two most important things are players and fans.

Aidy Boothroyd, Gordon Strachan, Gary Johnson, Steve Coppell, Alan Curbishley,

would all be conceivably interested in the job and have as good a CV as any manager we've appointed in recent seasons and I mean at the time we appointed them not after we gave them a chance to make their name - so they meet our usual criteria..............the big thing is they would all give HOPE to the majority of fans of a brighter future rightly or wrongly and immediately galavanise the whole club, who's two most important things are players and fans.

3 have taken their clubs out of the EPL. Just a minor point, I know.

Gordon Strachan to give us hope, are you taking the piss?

3 have taken their clubs out of the EPL. Just a minor point, I know.

Gordon Strachan to give us hope, are you taking the piss?

Strachan got celtic to last 16 of Champs League and consistently kept Saints up playing decent footy - Megson relegated WBA Todd relegated BWFC - it's not a precurser for being a bad manager.

Question for you now - Are none of them at least equal to Gary talent wise?? All of them would be given a chance by the majority of BWFC fans so immediatly put a few more bums on seats and immediatly give the club a lift and have as much chance of keeping us up as gary with a lot of the season left??

Is there any conceivable way gary can turn round his current status with the majotiy of fans whether that status is deserved or not?

Is there any conceivable way gary can turn round his current status with the majotiy of fans whether that status is deserved or not?

Honestly no, there's far too many people saying the 'i'll not come again whilst he's manager' line.

unless he somehow turns us into a free flowing sexy football side he's always going to be on a loser with the fans

Honestly no, there's far too many people saying the 'i'll not come again whilst he's manager' line.

unless he somehow turns us into a free flowing sexy football side he's always going to be on a loser with the fans

Exactly he's no chance and there must surely be a tipping point where him staying on is morely like to cause more and more damage to the club than him leaving meaning we're more likely to get relegated - I think that tipping point is very very close - with the time and money he's had for the team the opportunities he's had to try and build bridges with the fans, there's only one thing he can't be blamed for which is depressing at BWFC at the minute and thats the fucking shite kit we're currently wearing!

Strachan got celtic to last 16 of Champs League and consistently kept Saints up playing decent footy - Megson relegated WBA Todd relegated BWFC - it's not a precurser for being a bad manager.

Question for you now - Are none of them at least equal to Gary talent wise?? All of them would be given a chance by the majority of BWFC fans so immediatly put a few more bums on seats and immediatly give the club a lift and have as much chance of keeping us up as gary with a lot of the season left??

In a word: No. I really don't think he can turn it round. I just don't like your choice of managers, I'm afraid.

The bums on seats thing is a toughie as half of me wants a full singing stadium with everyine enjoying themselves but the other half thinks that all the people saying they'll not come back till he's gone can fuck off for good really. I haven't enjoyed a game for a while & I'm not a great fan but I've still gone & there's plenty of grown ups who sound like petulant kids, if not turning up is a way to get what they want, I really don't agree it's good for the club.

In a word: No. I really don't think he can turn it round. I just don't like your choice of managers, I'm afraid.

The bums on seats thing is a toughie as half of me wants a full singing stadium with everyine enjoying themselves but the other half thinks that all the people saying they'll not come back till he's gone can fuck off for good really. I haven't enjoyed a game for a while & I'm not a great fan but I've still gone & there's plenty of grown ups who sound like petulant kids, if not turning up is a way to get what they want, I really don't agree it's good for the club.

I agree those not coming because of the manager is twaddle have never done would never do - any suggestions for a viable alternative? I know you've not said he should go now fair play on that i think it's early but he's only got 4 or 5 games of this and he's in serious serious trouble - who would you go for if he went?

My suggestions aren't particularly my choice just viable options - I'd love to think Louis Van Gaal would like to come and ply his trade in the prem for the challenge he's done wonders at unfashionable Az Alkmaar with no money with Gudni or Hierro as Assistant - 99% pissing in the wind on that one but you can dream.

I agree those not coming because of the manager is twaddle have never done would never do - any suggestions for a viable alternative? I know you've not said he should go now fair play on that i think it's early but he's only got 4 or 5 games of this and he's in serious serious trouble - who would you go for if he went?

My suggestions aren't particularly my choice just viable options - I'd love to think Louis Van Gaal would like to come and ply his trade in the prem for the challenge he's done wonders at unfashionable Az Alkmaar with no money with Gudni or Hierro as Assistant - 99% pissing in the wind on that one but you can dream.

Only 99 percent..............

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.