Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nugent Would You Sign Him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would yes - I think he would add to our squad attacking wise I thought he did ok playing for pompey at the end of last year albeit on the wing - fits in to Garys usual criteria as well - Young, English, Not playing as much as they'd like so hungry and affordable - he has an England cap remember and I think it was Capello that gave it him and he's no mug.

I would yes - I think he would add to our squad attacking wise I thought he did ok playing for pompey at the end of last year albeit on the wing - fits in to Garys usual criteria as well - Young, English, Not playing as much as they'd like so hungry and affordable - he has an England cap remember and I think it was Capello that gave it him and he's no mug.

He got his England cap from Steve McLaren - which does piss on your bonfire somewhat! :D

Couldn't give a shite if he's worth a punt or not - he's a sellable asset and that is far better from Portsmouth than a promise of a payment sometime in the future if and when their finances get sorted out.

Their Arab has money but even he is getting a little twitchy about taking them over. If Shittu and McCann go there on a deferred payment - that will be worth fcuk all if they enter administration.

Get Nugent for the swap, even if turns out to be shite - we can sell him on.

I'm not a fan of papertalk but one of them said today that because Portsmouth haven't got a pot to piss in he'll be swap for Shittu and McCann.

Sounds like a decent idea if he's got the right attitude. I think it was on here it was suggested he'd been doing a bit of falling out with his team mates. Maybe he just needs a wee slap to let him know that sort of thing's not allowed up in these here parts.

• Site Supporter
Is that based upon fact or made up as per usual?

its a fact, i had all our squad round mine last night doing shuttle runs, then nipped down to portsmouth to run the same test on nugent.

would you like to see the actual results... i used olympic timing gear and everthing.

Guest Frandsen08

depends how much we have to pay, if its in exchange for mccann or shittu then yeah, but i'd still want another striker

its a fact, i had all our squad round mine last night doing shuttle runs, then nipped down to portsmouth to run the same test on nugent.

would you like to see the actual results... i used olympic timing gear and everthing.

Did you take atmospheric changes & altitude into consideration?

... and due to some anomalies being thrown up, Nicky Hunt is now going for a gender test.

Definitely buy him, just the striker we're after in the system we play, he works hard and i'm sure has a better scoring record than Elmander or Davies (i stand corrected). Get him and Jermaine Beckford, and offload Shittu and McCann, then hats off to Gary.

Definitely buy him, just the striker we're after in the system we play, he works hard and i'm sure has a better scoring record than Elmander or Davies (i stand corrected). Get him and Jermaine Beckford, and offload Shittu and McCann, then hats off to Gary.

Nugent has scored 3 in 31 for Pompey. Elmander has scored 5 in 31 for the Wanderers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.