Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mark Halsey

Smiley

Guest squidgy66

I know we are probably slightly biased as he trains with the squad, but he is one of the best refs in the league IMO.

Hope you're back on your feet annoying Pablo soon mate :good:

• Moderators
I know we are probably slightly biased as he trains with the squad, but he is one of the best refs in the league IMO.

prob more likely as he's never given a bad decision against us, so how can he be bad?

My 10 year-old attends Fred Barber's goalkeeper school where Mark Halsey has helped out on more than a few occasions and he comes across as a really nice bloke, always prepared to have a bit of banter with the parents and kids about any controversial refereeing decisions from the previous weekend. My thoughts are with him and his family, hope he and his wife make a full recovery.

I've met Mark a couple of times and like what has already been said he's a good bloke.

First time I met him was in the players lounge 6-7 years back when he was chatting up a nice looking blonde. She later became his wife :roll:

Second time was at Euxton, Big Sam shouted over "oi Mark come here" one of the players (can't remember who) moved towards BFS he then said "no not you, I want the real Mark" typical of the FF but it was piss funny.

I've met Mark a couple of times and like what has already been said he's a good bloke.

First time I met him was in the players lounge 6-7 years back when he was chatting up a nice looking blonde. She later became his wife :roll:

Second time was at Euxton, Big Sam shouted over "oi Mark come here" one of the players (can't remember who) moved towards BFS he then said "no not you, I want the real Mark" typical of the FF but it was piss funny.

Was it Ibrahim Ba?

PS Sorry, MWD.

Edited by Traf

One of the refs with common sense and a shame he will never ref a BWFC game unless he moves away. =D>

Wish him a speedy recovery :good:

Good luck lad, pity his cancer couldn't be transferred to A.N. Other ref

Guest squidgy66
He is a very poor ref, with NO common sense.

I think its obvious that some view EVERYTHING through their tinted specs.

Now who is a tincy wincy bit bitter that he reffed Evertons opener at the begining of the season?

:rofl:

I have met Mark on numerous occasions both with and without his wife and both at his restaurant in Farnworth (Walkden Road/Bolton Road) and at the Italian restaurant in Radclifffe. He is the most charming, talkative, friendly and informative guy anyone could meet. I hope he and his wife make a speedy recovery.

He is one of the better refs in the PL - mainly because he cannot give a bad decision against us, coz he lives in Bolton - just as much as my old school colleague, Lee Mason is Bolton born and bred!

Good luck to you Mark :drinks:

He is a very poor ref, with NO common sense.

I think its obvious that some view EVERYTHING through their tinted specs.

Along with probably 99% of football fans, I've never met Bobby Robson. It still didn't stop me offering my sympathy when he was diagnosed with cancer.

No roses tinted specs, its a cruel situation for anybody to be in.

He is only better for you because he has never done one of your games, and trains with your team.

So as he hasn't trained with everton that would be ok? Would training with Everton suddenly make his illness acceptable?

A lot of people have mentioned that they had met him and found him to be a really nice bloke.

In the same way people have said that they like Robson. Did you applaude him or did you just ignore it because he never managed everton?

So as he hasn't trained with everton that would be ok? Would training with Everton suddenly make his illness acceptable?

A lot of people have mentioned that they had met him and found him to be a really nice bloke.

In the same way people have said that they like Robson. Did you applaude him or did you just ignore it because he never managed everton?

Was not really arsed, but I applauded him, as he gave 50 years to the game and managed the country.

Mark Halsey is a referee, and shit one at that.

Was not really arsed, but I applauded him, as he gave 50 years to the game and managed the country.

Mark Halsey is a referee, and shit one at that.

And therefore worthy of cancer?

If your wife/a member of your family had cancer, who I doubt has contributed anything to football, and I responded by saying 'fuck them' you would accept it and move on?

Let's face it their illness should have nothing to do with the job they do?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.