Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owen Coyle - BWFC manager

probably biggest attendance of the season but i doubt it'll sell out.and i hope the manager is in well before that, if were gunna be active in this window

I agree even thought it's on Sky and ?35 for a decent seat.

The Bolton public is very happy that he has gone.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frandsen08
The supposed eminent football reporters on the Sunday Suppliment on ss2, to a man couldn't work out why OC would want to come to Bolton?

Than during the same discussion sighted the following reasons.

1. OC may feel he has taken Burnley as far as he could

2. He has an afinity and a good relationship with PG and the fans

3. We have a better set up. (training facilities wise, youth sytem ?)

4. He will have more money to spend.

Well there's 4 for starters

money in the window

Getting a bit of stick Bolton this morning and the Sunday Suppliment, saying Coyle could do better that Bolton.

Even I think that is complete bollocks, I think it would be a great move for him, lets be honest Burnley are tiny, and are punching WAY above their weight, even being in the Prem.

Pablo speaks the truth.

Getting a bit of stick Bolton this morning and the Sunday Suppliment, saying Coyle could do better that Bolton.

Even I think that is complete bollocks, I think it would be a great move for him, lets be honest Burnley are tiny, and are punching WAY above their weight, even being in the Prem.

I didn't really follow what "better" clubs they were thinking of, and by this summer too.

ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Citeh, Spurs, Villa, Spammers ? No way.

And what makes any of the other clubs a better bet ?

According to The People, Burnley have given us permission to speak to Coyle. http://www.people.co.uk/sport/tm_headline=...-name_page.html , Probably bollox though.

The fella who wrote that is apparently good mates with Coyle. He also posts on a Blackburn forum....

Just for the record, I don't take any pleasure in what is happening.

But football is a hard old game.

...... sounds pretty confident.

It's a suprise this, I didn't think he'd come.

The fella who wrote that is apparently good mates with Coyle. He also posts on a Blackburn forum....

...... sounds pretty confident.

It's a suprise this, I didn't think he'd come.

i didn't think he would and he still may not. But if I were OC and wanted to stay at Burnley, I would have made time to make it common knowledge that that was the case.

However he fled from the match sharpish yesterday and we've heard nowt from him since. These aren't the actions of a man who wants to stay put?

I hope he does come. There are a lot of fresh positives and the future maybe bright, but tomorrow may tell?

i didn't think he would and he still may not. But if I were OC and wanted to stay at Burnley, I would have made time to make it common knowledge that that was the case.

However he fled from the match sharpish yesterday and we've heard nowt from him since. These aren't the actions of a man who wants to stay put?

I hope he does come. There are a lot of fresh positives and the future maybe bright, but tomorrow may tell?

Done deal imo. Its not what they say in football its what they dont say. Head says Hughes/Curbishly but heart says Coyle, we had mutual friends when he played here and spent some time in his company, cracking fella, knows his football, you could tell then he would go into management he was always arguing/debating with Rioch over tactics etc. I also think he is a manager on the way up and has a points to proove so would an excellant appointment. On the dowdside he doesnt drink, never touched a drop.

Done deal imo. Its not what they say in football its what they dont say. Head says Hughes/Curbishly but heart says Coyle, we had mutual friends when he played here and spent some time in his company, cracking fella, knows his football, you could tell then he would go into management he was always arguing/debating with Rioch over tactics etc. I also think he is a manager on the way up and has a points to proove so would an excellant appointment. On the dowdside he doesnt drink, never touched a drop.

Though as you well know, he takes no issue with piss cans, which was a good job really! :D

• Moderators
But if I were OC and wanted to stay at Burnley, I would have made time to make it common knowledge that that was the case.

didn't he already do that though last week? am Regarding this one as u turn

Good God, did you all just hear what Neil Warnock just said on SSNs?

I hope he was joking, I really do! I feel a little sick actually!

I didnt NB tell me.............................on second thoughts I dont want to know....................on third thoughts I do

Oh fuck it tell me

will be reading response through fingers Doctor Who stylee

Claire asked him if he'd had received any phone calls or was going to get any, in a jokey sort of way & he said, actually I have & am awaiting another, he said. She then said something like, really? He said he can't say much but we'll know about it in a few days no doubt.

I really hope he was just having a laugh!

No, what did he say?

Forgive me for steeling NBs thunder

He was asked about the whether the phone was ringing about buying his players. He said well actually the phone did ring this morning, and you'll find about it in the next few days (with a massive grin on his face)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.