Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson Moan In The Bolton News

Zico

• Moderators

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/5422220.Megson_wants_a_club/

right, ok, reading between the lines:

GARY Megson has hit out at Wanderers for making it difficult for him to return to management...

The former Bolton boss is unhappy with his compensation package...

put on gardening leave and is being paid by the club until the end of the year...

he insists he would forfeit his severance deal to be back working again...

I agreed the package with Bolton, but I will forego the money to manage again...

sooo

if Megson got offered a job, could he then call it quits and let the money go

which he says he's willing to do

so can we assume he's not been offered a job yet?

as otherwise he'd have forgone the money...

but he did agree the deal in the first place

in summary

he's still a moaning c?nt and it's always everyone else's fault

Guest Frandsen08

i cant see many teams wanting him anyways, should count his blessings for getting paid for currently doing fuck all, and not gettin abuse from fans any more.

He's a miserable cunt.

Our Freeview + box at home is playing up, so we've been archiving some recordings onto DVD before reformating the harddrive. Last night I shifted the Munich away game, just watch Megson after the Gardner goal - not a flinch, not even a glimmer of a smile, no sign of celebration at all. FFS man - we've just taken the bloody lead against Munich in their own backyard!

• Moderators

The way I read it is that he has been offered a job and we wouldn't let him take it.

But to be fair if it was a rival (Hull for instance) I wouldn't have let him go either.

he made that decision when he agreed to the deal

if he thought he could get another job before the end of the season, he shouldn't have agreed to it

it's not our fault, it's his

• Site Supporter

he made that decision when he agreed to the deal

if he thought he could get another job before the end of the season, he shouldn't have agreed to it

it's not our fault, it's his

Spot on.

The bloke is a complete dullard.

If Spitting image was still on, he'd be the new John Major, sat there with his wife over dinner, toying with his peas

Spot on.

The bloke is a complete dullard.

If Spitting image was still on, he'd be the new John Major, sat there with his wife over dinner, toying with his peas

Surely he is today's Steve interesting Davis, with that balding ginger twat look

'Says he's looking for a club...a three wood should do it. That seems to be the weapon of choice for exponents of the art of clubbing...Craig Bellamy and Tiger Woods' bint for instance.

I'll post on here when I'm tired of hitting him, couple of days probably... I'm not as young as I was.

Any volunteers for taking up the cudgel when I eventually begin to flag?

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/5422220.Megson_wants_a_club/

right, ok, reading between the lines:

GARY Megson has hit out at Wanderers for making it difficult for him to return to management...

The former Bolton boss is unhappy with his compensation package...

put on gardening leave and is being paid by the club until the end of the year...

he insists he would forfeit his severance deal to be back working again...

I agreed the package with Bolton, but I will forego the money to manage again...

sooo

if Megson got offered a job, could he then call it quits and let the money go

which he says he's willing to do

so can we assume he's not been offered a job yet?

as otherwise he'd have forgone the money...

but he did agree the deal in the first place

in summary

he's still a moaning c?nt and it's always everyone else's fault

Right he loses his job cos he aint doing well,as he is on a fixed term contract the club puts forward a compensation package that he agrees to. that is football.

From memory he is getting about ?20k per week, but lets say it is half that he is getting 9 more months say 36 weeks at ?10k, so ?360k to do nothing.

It would seem to me that his deal is we will pay till he gets another job, so if someone offers him ?10k per week to manage their team it aint worth his while, if someone offers him a short term contract say 3 months on ?20k per week it aint worth his while.

And people wonder why fans are switching off from football, folk moaning about getting an annual salary every week for doing nothing.

On a slightly different theme, a mate was talking to the legend that is dean windass the other day (their kids play football for the same team) he applied for the bradford managers job that Peter Taylor got. Peter Taylors basic at Bradford is ?50k per year.

Dean windass also told this lad that he is a millionaire.

Spot on Ani - apart from the Hull job, whilst only short term, so agrees with your theory, did carry a hefty bonus for keeping them in the Prem. No doubt this is what Megson had his eyes on.

The Peter Taylor salary at Bradford is more like the type of job that Megson needs to keep his eyes out for.

I hardly think that people would be queueing up for his signature !!

If someone wants a manager with no charisma, no people skills, a poor management track record,

no energy, no enthusiam and someone who looks like they should be in the orangutang enclosure at

Chester Zoo - then they must be very hard pressed.

• Site Supporter

I hardly think that people would be queueing up for his signature !!

If someone wants a manager with no charisma, no people skills, a poor management track record,

no energy, no enthusiam and someone who looks like they should be in the orangutang enclosure at

Chester Zoo - then they must be very hard pressed.

Is that whats on his CV?

I would imagine folk would be looking for a manager that finished mid table in his last season in charge whilst getting 3 players on the fringe of the England team who now won't get into SA without a match ticket.

Or maybe they would be looking for a bloke who has performed miracles previously, taking over a club in turmoil and not only dragging them off the bottom of the table but finishing comfortably outside the bottom 3.

Or maybe they want a bloke who if the worst happens has a track record of getting out of Division 2 (old money).

Or perhaps they are looking for someone who can fetch in players for next to fuck all that after only one season are being linked with big money moves to Liverpool and people are saying will one day be good enough for Barcelona?

Edited by barryk32

Spot on Ani - apart from the Hull job, whilst only short term, so agrees with your theory, did carry a hefty bonus for keeping them in the Prem. No doubt this is what Megson had his eyes on.

The Peter Taylor salary at Bradford is more like the type of job that Megson needs to keep his eyes out for.

See your point on the Hull game it would see that Mr Megson did not have the confidence in his own ability to keep Hull up and earn a bonus and possibly a longer term contract as it meant risking the package from Bolton.

(Massive assumption from me that Hull might have wanted him)

• Moderators

(Massive assumption from me that Hull might have wanted him)

I believe all clubs will now link themselves with Megson with no intention of actually taking him on

just so that no matter who they actually do appoint, in Hull's case Dowie, then fans will go "well, at least it wasn't Megson"

makes sense

Is that whats on his CV?

I would imagine folk would be looking for a manager that finished mid table in his last season in charge whilst getting 3 players on the fringe of the England team who now won't get into SA without a match ticket.

Or maybe they would be looking for a bloke who has performed miracles previously, taking over a club in turmoil and not only dragging them off the bottom of the table but finishing comfortably outside the bottom 3.

Or maybe they want a bloke who if the worst happens has a track record of getting out of Division 2 (old money).

Or perhaps they are looking for someone who can fetch in players for next to fuck all that after only one season are being linked with big money moves to Liverpool and people are saying will one day be good enough for Barcelona?

Cohen is up for a move to Liverpool or Barcelona ??

Edited by Rembrandt

• Site Supporter

Is that whats on his CV?

Now THAT'S what Megson was short of at Bolton, a public relation expert/spin-doctor!

You need to be asking Max Clifford if he wants any help when the next wannabe Z-lister self destructs!

He's a miserable cunt.

Our Freeview + box at home is playing up, so we've been archiving some recordings onto DVD before reformating the harddrive. Last night I shifted the Munich away game, just watch Megson after the Gardner goal - not a flinch, not even a glimmer of a smile, no sign of celebration at all. FFS man - we've just taken the bloody lead against Munich in their own backyard!

don't think i celebrated that much i was too fucked.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.