Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ripping Fans Off

Don't buy one then...

Indeed, there is no law requiring that you buy one (or did I miss something)

Quite different to this season's (but v similar to one from a few year back)

is the new kit a rip off of the fans

It could be argued that over ?30 for any t-shirt is a rip off, therefore all football kits are rip offs.

As mentioned above though, it's not a rip off if you don't buy one.

• Site Supporter

My lad likes to wear decent clobber when he's out. At 15 years old he is at the stage where looking good is important to him. At the moment labelled shirts are a 'must-have'. I like my son to go out looking good. I, therefore, am the person shelling out 25 pounds for a shirt. He might wear a shirt once a week, maybe only a couple of times a month. He's happy, however, so I'm happy.

When not out dressed up, he plays a lot of football; usually in a Bolton top. This he does often; maybe 4 or 5 times a week. After school, during the weekend, at the match, etc.

How, then, is 30 quid for a Bolton shirt that gets worn 20+ times each month a rip off? Take a look at prices for shirts generally.

• Site Supporter

My lad likes to wear decent clobber when he's out. At 15 years old he is at the stage where looking good is important to him. At the moment labelled shirts are a 'must-have'. I like my son to go out looking good. I, therefore, am the person shelling out 25 pounds for a shirt. He might wear a shirt once a week, maybe only a couple of times a month. He's happy, however, so I'm happy.

When not out dressed up, he plays a lot of football; usually in a Bolton top. This he does often; maybe 4 or 5 times a week. After school, during the weekend, at the match, etc.

How, then, is 30 quid for a Bolton shirt that gets worn 20+ times each month a rip off? Take a look at prices for shirts generally.

correct michael. have a green thingy.

How dare any apparel manufacturer release a new season collection every year in an attempt to make some money. It's the work of capitalist pigs who want to exploit folk who want to wear clothes, that's what it is.

What next, new shoes every winter. It's shocking it is!

• Moderators

How dare any apparel manufacturer release a new season collection every year in an attempt to make some money. It's the work of capitalist pigs who want to exploit folk who want to wear clothes, that's what it is.

What next, new shoes every winter. It's shocking it is!

not a problem for the adults

kids are a different story though

I don't have any though, so don't care

and I'll not be buying any kit with 188 bet on the front, no matter what the price

unless it's free, then I'd wear it round the flat

not a problem for the adults

kids are a different story though

I don't have any though, so don't care

and I'll not be buying any kit with 188 bet on the front, no matter what the price

unless it's free, then I'd wear it round the flat

I don't have any brats either but do recall my parents saying 'no' to me on the odd occasion. It's a shame this word is no longer used. Apparently today it isn't their job anymore, it's BWFCs.

I meant the design is a rip off, looks no different to shirts we had for the last few seasons.

i know what you mean, what is it with always going for white? - I reckon we should choose a mauve or turquoise colour next time out

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.