Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Birmingham Attendance

I know it is on TV and on at a crap time and Brum brought a paltry following but just over 18k after last weeks great results is cack.

In the words of Max Boyce, "I was there".

My clones didn't bother- Fuck 'em.

Guest Frandsen08

on tv not the most attractive opposition and brum didnt help either.

there isnt much more the club can do other than get it off the foreign channels which i doubt is possible.

on tv not the most attractive opposition and brum didnt help either.

there isnt much more the club can do other than get it off the foreign channels which i doubt is possible.

I disagree, I think we would be better off financially and ave att wise if they dramatically dropped the price of ST's.

Blackburn averaged 21,000 3/4 years ago pre credit crunch when they had Mark Hughes in charge. They now have BSA in charge who many dislike, they are not doing as well as they did under Hughes and foreign TV showing games is more prominant now than it was then - yet they averaged 25,500 last season. This is down to the way the club priced the ST. They have done all sorts of offers and you can pick up ST at around ?200.

You can compare our price to as many other clubs as you like in prem or out but we are losing fans left right and centre, again this season there are more familiar faces missing in the ESL.

The faster broadband speed gets the better the stream will be for fans to watch Prem games from the comfort of their own home, live media will go the way music and movies went before them aqnd the quickest to react will come out the strongest.

I think we should have done ST anywhere in ground at ?200 an adult and ?50 a child. Fill the ground up on the cheap then look at ways to increase match day revenues through a better food and drink offering.

What Blackburn has done has proved that falling attendances can be turned around with forward thinking pricing, we need to do something as our poor crouds look as bad as they sound.

I disagree, I think we would be better off financially and ave att wise if they dramatically dropped the price of ST's.

Blackburn averaged 21,000 3/4 years ago pre credit crunch when they had Mark Hughes in charge. They now have BSA in charge who many dislike, they are not doing as well as they did under Hughes and foreign TV showing games is more prominant now than it was then - yet they averaged 25,500 last season. This is down to the way the club priced the ST. They have done all sorts of offers and you can pick up ST at around ?200.

You can compare our price to as many other clubs as you like in prem or out but we are losing fans left right and centre, again this season there are more familiar faces missing in the ESL.

The faster broadband speed gets the better the stream will be for fans to watch Prem games from the comfort of their own home, live media will go the way music and movies went before them aqnd the quickest to react will come out the strongest.

I think we should have done ST anywhere in ground at ?200 an adult and ?50 a child. Fill the ground up on the cheap then look at ways to increase match day revenues through a better food and drink offering.

What Blackburn has done has proved that falling attendances can be turned around with forward thinking pricing, we need to do something as our poor crouds look as bad as they sound.

Wiggins St's are ?250 they're packed to the rafters aren't they?

Wiggins St's are ?250 they're packed to the rafters aren't they?

Not at all but I would like to think that we would be more closely compared to Bburn than Wigan when it comes to fan base. Wigan only took 60 to Spurs for the first away game of the season so they are in a league of there own. What Bburn have done shows that you can turn your falling attendances around with cheaper ST offers. At bburn it is alot cheaper to buy a ST compared to paying as you go with the cheap ST offers that they put out, with us there is a much smaller financial benefit paying up front for a ST so many decide to pick and choose and turn up to a handfull of games a season. IMO i think we would average 25/26k if we had the same prices as they do at Bburn.

Guest Frandsen08

i've met people who have said they arent going whilst megson is in charge.

megson gone.

why arent they going now? the prices.

yet still go in the pub and shell their money there watching it.

some people have found that comfort level of just watchin it in the boozer and i dont think theres a lot that will change it for some people, which is kind of sad.

Not at all but I would like to think that we would be more closely compared to Bburn than Wigan when it comes to fan base. Wigan only took 60 to Spurs for the first away game of the season so they are in a league of there own. What Bburn have done shows that you can turn your falling attendances around with cheaper ST offers. At bburn it is alot cheaper to buy a ST compared to paying as you go with the cheap ST offers that they put out, with us there is a much smaller financial benefit paying up front for a ST so many decide to pick and choose and turn up to a handfull of games a season. IMO i think we would average 25/26k if we had the same prices as they do at Bburn.

but that's less money in the clubs coffers.

According to Fat Phil St sales are up this season.

the problem isn't ST holders but getting the day trippers and part timers out for more games.

the club did ?55 for all 3 of, the brum, DMB and Stoke games cheap as chips.

perhaps if all areas of the ground were as cheap as the NSL then we might sell more ST's but i can't see it being many more.

Everyone concerned about Bwfc would love to see a packed stadium but there is little evidence to suggest ?200 season tickets would create a sell out crowd I think we would sell more season tickets but fans would still pick the 8 best games and watch the others at home on there lap top or down the boozer, Sky have created this monster and they should be more pro-active in trying to sell out stadia, one idea would be to make all away tickets ?20 maximum and for certain non sell out games ?10 for away fans, this would guarantee a big away following and would fill the nasty looking gaps that are appearing at many grounds especially for live games at silly oclock kick off times.

Whilst I am in no doubt thet ST sales are up I very much doubt that ST revenues are up greatly, from where I stand there are a hell of alot more children as a proportion compared to adults in the ground. We must all know lads who used to be regular but no longer have a ST due to money, work commitments etc and there must be a way of getting these guys to come to more games!

Its true many have got used to watching the game in the boozer or at home on the laptop.

The risk with dropping prices would be that ST numbers dont increase dramatically and the financial cost to the club is great, the risk in not dropping prices is a consistantly poor attendance / atmosphere. We are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Everyone concerned about Bwfc would love to see a packed stadium but there is little evidence to suggest ?200 season tickets would create a sell out crowd I think we would sell more season tickets but fans would still pick the 8 best games and watch the others at home on there lap top or down the boozer, Sky have created this monster and they should be more pro-active in trying to sell out stadia, one idea would be to make all away tickets ?20 maximum and for certain non sell out games ?10 for away fans, this would guarantee a big away following and would fill the nasty looking gaps that are appearing at many grounds especially for live games at silly oclock kick off times.

Whilst this would be a great idea I could not see the big boys signing up for it, there is however nothing stopping teams like us Bburn, Wigan, Aston Villa, Brum, Man city, Sunderland, Newcastle, West Ham, Fulham etc signing reciprocal agreements to charge each other a set price of say ?10 per away fan to boost attendances. There would be no complaints from home fans because they would be getting the same prices when they travel away.

Guest bwfcdan

To be fair our opening two games have been against two of the poorest away supported teams in the league. 20,000 Trotters on for thew opening game against Fulham wasnt that bad, if you look at Blackburn, they got 25,000 for there opening two home games, both Arsenal and Everton took just under 5,000 so they have had very similar numbers as us. If we would have played a top 4 side on the opening day then our crowd could well have been around 25,000...

To be fair our opening two games have been against two of the poorest away supported teams in the league. 20,000 Trotters on for thew opening game against Fulham wasnt that bad, if you look at Blackburn, they got 25,000 for there opening two home games, both Arsenal and Everton took just under 5,000 so they have had very similar numbers as us. If we would have played a top 4 side on the opening day then our crowd could well have been around 25,000...

True, I was going off last seasons averages which where circa 21,500 for us and 25,500 for Bburn. We did start last seaosn with Smeggo though so hopefully we will close the gap this season.

As a few will know on here I don't go much at all nowadays...

a number of factors meant I have now better things to do with my life than watch BWFC...

However I put myself through the torment of watching the game on TV Sunday...

I was expecting something a bit different from a Coyle team undefeated...but in all honesty it was shocking, slow poor football, with to many passengers in that team...there didn't appear to be a atmosphere from the Bolton fans till the second went in...apart from the banging of the drum...

So on that basis I won't be rushing back...and i bet there were a few thousand scatterd around Bolton who were thinking the same....

they could make it ?50 a ST, wouldn't make a difference...

I didn't go yesterday as i was throwing shapes in a field and think i made the right choice. Some people just need to accept football isn't like it used to be. sunday lunch kick off times are not my cup of tea anymore.

I didn't go yesterday as i was sheep shagging in a field and think i made the right choice. Some people just need to accept that sex isn't like it used to be.

sure I just read on another thead that it doesn't count if they don't push back

They have to cater for smokers, that has stopped absolutly loads going. You can watch on a foreign channel in a pub and smoke outside, if they opened a gate at each side of the ground at half time etc it would get a few more in, theyve started doing it at concerts so why not football :pardon:

As a few will know on here I don't go much at all nowadays...

a number of factors meant I have now better things to do with my life than watch BWFC...

However I put myself through the torment of watching the game on TV Sunday...

I was expecting something a bit different from a Coyle team undefeated...but in all honesty it was shocking, slow poor football, with to many passengers in that team...there didn't appear to be a atmosphere from the Bolton fans till the second went in...apart from the banging of the drum...

So on that basis I won't be rushing back...and i bet there were a few thousand scatterd around Bolton who were thinking the same....

they could make it ?50 a ST, wouldn't make a difference...

You could put that down to people not turning out for whatever reason though.

I have two mates who were regulars until they gave up going due to the Megson factor or so they said

suffice to say they have not come back .It was just an excuse to kick the the whole thing into touch

In their case its nothing to do with ticket pricing cos their both loaded .I would like to know how

many others used the same excuse to stop going to games, come to think of it though they were never

around in the really bad times in the eighties so nothing really changes.................

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.