Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Giddy Thoughts

HomerJay

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Site Supporter

this season i was basically hoping for a improvement on last. that happened i reckon.

we could have had so many more points yet were still sitting pretty in 5th.

i keep hearing mancs, saying we could be top, if this, if that. well apply to same to us, and we wouldnt be too far off either.

i guess the thing is, the points are very tight, though it would take a quite a few results to go against us for us to drop down the league.

• Moderators

this season i was basically hoping for a improvement on last. that happened i reckon.

we could have had so many more points yet were still sitting pretty in 5th.

i keep hearing mancs, saying we could be top, if this, if that. well apply to same to us, and we wouldnt be too far off either.

i guess the thing is, the points are very tight, though it would take a quite a few results to go against us for us to drop down the league.

under normal circumstances, I'd expect 6 points from the next 2 games

this season isn't normal though, not just for us, for everyone else

tighter than a gnatt's chuff at the minute

we could quite easily not win the next 2 then go to Stamford Bridge or Citeh in Dec and win

there's your choice

2 home wins or them 2 away wins...

The thing with this season is, although we are doing terrific, so many others are as well. This weekend sort of strengthened our position but there is still only 3 points from being 12th and 5 points from being in the relegation mixer. A slight change in fortune and everything will be flipped upside down. I'd like to think we can push on for Europe but it's still very early days. My thoughts are firmly on reaching 40 points first if i'm honest.

• Site Supporter

The annoying thing is, a lot of the draws that we could - and should - have won would put us within spitting distance of 40 points.

Fulham +2

WBA +2

Villa +2

Liverpool +1

Scum +2

Brum +2

wigan +2

everton +2

I think you will do it. Others are doing well, like Sunderland, but they got humiliated at Newcastle. You lot dont seem to have been turned over by anyone, and the full team is playing well.

I can only see you struggling if you get a couple of key injuries.

• Moderators

The annoying thing is, a lot of the draws that we could - and should - have won would put us within spitting distance of 40 points.

Fulham +2

WBA +2

Villa +2

Liverpool +1

Scum +2

Brum +2

wigan +2

everton +2

aye but there's always the flip side

take one off for stoke

wigan bummed us in the main

"lucky" to get point at brum from the position we were in

The other side is that we are only 6 points ahead of a relegation spot.

There are 4 teams below us who I would expect to finish above us at least (Spurs, Villa, and 2X scousers).

That is the pessimistic bit out of the way, we are becoming a much better team to watch and much harder to beat which is a very good combo.

I would love us to get to 4th even for a day so the old 'when sam was here we were in a champions league spot' crap can be dropped for ever and ever.

• Moderators

get the Megson stuff out the way now as well

I hope he watched MOTD

then goes for a cold wet walk in the rain, alone

as for us

stop letting good leads slip, that's the "worst" bit

could've had a GD of +6/7 if at spurs and wolves, instead, it's +3

but if that's the price to pay for this good stuff, so be it

Guest Frandsen08

we need to get some clean sheets on the board, the way we concede some goals is scary.

but we are moving in the right direction though

I look forward to every game we play. I have the attitude that we can beat anybody when I'm on my way to the ground. I'm being entertained week in/week out. Can't ask for much more really. Have had more enjoyment from the first couple of months of this season than the past 2 or 3 stuck together. Very happy white here!

• Moderators

I look forward to every game we play. I have the attitude that we can beat anybody when I'm on my way to the ground. I'm being entertained week in/week out. Can't ask for much more really. Have had more enjoyment from the first couple of months of this season than the past 2 or 3 stuck together. Very happy white here!

same here

so when Everton score with the last kick of the game, I wasn't to disheartened as I knew they'd start at Wolves going for a goal

only took 47 seconds to get over Everton

Edited by ZicoKelly

• Site Supporter

get the Megson stuff out the way now as well

I hope he watched MOTD

then goes for a cold wet walk in the rain, alone

as for us

stop letting good leads slip, that's the "worst" bit

could've had a GD of +6/7 if at spurs and wolves, instead, it's +3

but if that's the price to pay for this good stuff, so be it

go on then, in terms of letting leads slip...

when we started getting shaky under megson, the fans turned on the manager/team.

when we started getting shaky under coyle, the fans get behind the team.

thats a big fuckin difference.

when we started getting shaky under megson, the fans turned on the manager/team.

Maybe that is all because Megson was such a cunt?

• Moderators

see Ian's reply for my first point

we're still letting leads slip though

regardless, shaky or otherwise

but I get your point, I wasn't "that" nervous when they made it 3-2, confident things would happen at both ends and Jussi was having a great game

when we went two nil up V hull and they started getting us on the back foot I knew what was coming

so there you go

vicious circle - who started it all, megson with his cuntiness and negativity, or the fans with their twatiness and negativity because it kept going round and round till enough was enough

I was happy till he turned up, so I'm blaming him, not us, we could've behaved better at times, but he could have smiled once in a while and made us feel like he gave a f?ck

Believe me or not but I'm thinking[genuily] challenging for the Champions League is possible :good:

We deserve to be on more points, and look at our 2 defeats, we didn't deserve to lose to Liverpool[we didn't play well though],Toress's back heel was quality but most of the time that hits Cahill legs, and at Arsenal we was losing 2-1 until the ref cheated and sent Cahill off, if West brom and Newcastle can beat them I reckon we would have had a good chance of drawing that game, but the ref took that chance away by making a digrace out of himself.

We didn't play that well against Wigan away but still got a draw and their goal was offside, we didn't really play well in the 1st half against Birmingham, but at 2-0 down with a man short, we took the game to them and got a 2-2 and really could have won it when Davies went close late on.

We produced a 1-0 performance at Everton, it was only down to Lee's mistake and a 99.9% miss usually goal from Beckford that we drew.

We only drew 0-0 to Fulham and it wasn't the greatest performance, however if Fulham didn't have a stand in keeper who was fighting for his place, then Elmander probably gets a hat trick, we also came very close with Holden hitting the post.

We totally outplayed Villa, and even though it finished 1-1, we created chances and played great football. Man United also got outplayed by us, Nani is probably the best player in the prem now, and he scored a wonder solo goal, and Owen's header was good but quite fortunate how it looped in.

The goal we conceded against West Brom was poor defending/goalkeeping depending on how you want to judge it.

Seriously if we can cut out the mistakes, with the way we are playing and the players we have I reckon we can. The league is so topsy turvy, I mean look at Newcastle, they go and beat Everton and Arsenal, but lose to teams like Blackpool and Blackburn at home. West Brom beat Arsenal away, yet lose to Wigan away. Sunderland get thrashed at Newcastle, yet beat Chelsea away, how many times have Man united drew this season, Arsenal are dropping silly points, Liverpool are crap, they beat great teams like Bolton and Chelsea, yet lose to Stoke. Man City with all their millions can't even beat Wolves away or Birmingham at home. Villa are inconsistent and Everton are not impressive at all.

Nothing to fear, carry this on Bolton and dreams will be made, I just hope our finances don't fuck it all up and spoil it for us.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

We produced a 1-0 performance at Everton, it was only down to Lee's mistake and a 99.9% miss usually goal from Beckford that we drew.

.....and the 10 other shots on Goal Everton had......!

You have to admire your optimism, but CL may be just a tad to far.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.