Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A Worrying Thought For Next Season

Who is going to score Bolton`s goals next season? As top scorer Johan Elmander with 10 PL goals looks like he will be moving on, Kevin Davies scored 7 PL goals (4 of those penalties), Daniel Sturridge will be going back to Chelsea or another top 6 team, Ivan Klasnic I doubt will be staying. If Elmander is played in position and not in midfield i`m sure he would have added a few more to his tally this season also. Personally I think it would be a shame to lose Elmander, but thinking about it maybe HE can see what the future holds next season for Bolton, with an ageing Kevin Davies as his strike partner. Not exactly inspiring for him to stay is it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard the same, one thing Nugent will give is great movement something we have not had for a while, do not think he will be prolific but I think he could do a reasonable job.

Then your source is correct.

Coyle wants him, he wants to come: they merely need to agree terms!

We might get him in late September.

Coyle got a bit of decent form out of Elmander, so anything is possible. Nugent is probably capable of 10 a season.

Hardly inspiring though.

I dont want inspiring, I just want someone to put the ball in the back of the net, if we could get Sturridge on load next season I would play him a long side Ivan Klasnic and tell himonly to run around when its needed that way he would last 90 mins, that way we would have 2 out and out goal scores on the pitch at the same time, oh and we would have to play the ball on the deck

David Nugent's coming in on a free.

YHIHF.

I speak to his cousin on a weekly basis thru work, I will ask them tomorrow.

We wanted him a couple of years back, he turned us down as his agent was filling his head with shit claiming Everton were about to put a bid in for him.

In any case during that time he thought he was better than playing for Bolton.

We always seemed to be linked with Nugent, don't know why like, average, rather go for some unknown foreign player.

Even better, why not go for a proven, known foreign player like Mario Jardel?

Nugent might not set the place alight but give 'im a fecking chance to even put pen to paper first.

Guest Frandsen08

Of course he'll be given a chance from myself, but I'd rather we went for someone else, I'd rather we played Davies and Klasnic.

klasnic cant do a full 90 week in week out

I s'pose, but I'd still start him before Nugent, take him off for some fresh legs.

Get big money for Cahill, spend a little on cover for Wheater or Knight, and then see if we can buy someone really decent upfront, depends if Elmander stays really also.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.