Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

All Quiet On The Striker Front

Guest Blixa

Guest Blixa

Seems decidedly quiet on the stiker front. Which makes me think the obvious:

1. We've been knocked back on all primary targets for buying.

Or

2. We're miles apart from the valuations of said players.

As well as

3. We want loan strikers, but the clubs concerned aren't going to decide until late in the window, probably into the season, just before the window slams shut.

Worrying times, especially with the season start we have. If we chance it until the death of the window (for financial reasons) and Davies or Klasnic get injured, we're screwed. Klasnic has previous for that and Davies ain't getting any younger.

Saying that, if we panic, we could end up with Cameron Jerome and an untried European. Swings and roundabouts.

Either way, we need a decent striker up and running well before the first game of the season. Hopefully that will happen, but I ain't hopeful right now.

• Site Supporter

They're all shit anyway, we couldn't give them away.

Not to worry, in coyle we trust and all that.

Worst case, we can play Eagles up front.

In all serious I'm not worried. As there's loads of time yet.

Although I am slightly bothered as to what coyle sees as a decent striker.

I'll live with ngog, but not Cameron jerome please!

Edited by HomerJay

• Moderators

Saying that, if we panic, we could end up with Cameron Jerome and an untried European. Swings and roundabouts.

the thing about the signing of Jerome, if we do, is that it would have been long sought, calm & calculated

Worrying times, especially with the season start we have. If we chance it until the death of the window (for financial reasons) and Davies or Klasnic get injured, we're screwed. Klasnic has previous for that and Davies ain't getting any younger.

Either way, we need a decent striker up and running well before the first game of the season. Hopefully that will happen, but I ain't hopeful right now.

Am I the only one feeling positive about this close season?

We rarely sign players early as prices tend to drop as the season gets closer. We'll have plenty coming in, with a good amount of wage budget freed up to bring in the right players.

Clubs like Sunderland can afford to pay premium prices, we have to negotiate, That's why it's quiet. But it's nailed on that we'll have plenty in when the season kicks off.

Worry? Not for me.

Make your mind up.

Guest Blixa

Make your mind up.

Hahahaha! I love how you've kept track of all my posts. Do you print them out too? I bloody hope so.

I imagine you've got them all over your bedroom wall, not unlike the Alan Partridge 'mentalist' scene.

I'll sign you a few if you like. ;)

Guest Blixa

Incidentally, the two posts tally up. The signings have come at the right price, as predicted. The worry, as I said, is that we might be sailing too close to the wind with the strikers. If we had one earmarked, fine. But lacking two is a worry.

Still positive though, better squad in the offing. Just need those strikers. Worrying though if we have no-one being talked to.

SSN - Dundee United turn down offer from unnamed Premiere League club for striker David Goodwillie!?!

Im sure we have been linked with him in the past( http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/860686-david-goodwillie-acknowledges-interest-as-bolton-set-to-lose-sturridge )

could have been lazy journalism I know but OC is partial to his young jocks.

David Goodwillie wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Goodwillie

SSN - Dundee United turn down offer from unnamed Premiere League club for striker David Goodwillie!?!

Im sure we have been linked with him in the past( http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/860686-david-goodwillie-acknowledges-interest-as-bolton-set-to-lose-sturridge )

could have been lazy journalism I know but OC is partial to his young jocks.

David Goodwillie wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Goodwillie

SSN - Turned down offer from Blackburn.

Article in the MEN today about City and their 7 strikers - Ballotelli, Aguero, Tevez, Adebeyor, Santa Cruz, Bellamy and Dzeko.

3 to go apparently, but we couldn't afford the wages of any of them even if we wanted them. Probably a ?million a week wage bill in that list.

Article in the MEN today about City and their 7 strikers - Ballotelli, Aguero, Tevez, Adebeyor, Santa Cruz, Bellamy and Dzeko.

3 to go apparently, but we couldn't afford the wages of any of them even if we wanted them. Probably a ?million a week wage bill in that list.

Think they will be the three if thats the case, I have been shouted down for suggesting it on here before but I would love to see Bellamy here for a season or two. He could play up top or out on the left for us and do a great job.

• Site Supporter

Adebayor would be immense, but wouldn't come

Santa cruz is stealing a living. Don't want him.

Bellamy is a strange one. Can't make my mind up if he would come and if he's past it.

Adebayor would be immense, but wouldn't come

Santa cruz is stealing a living. Don't want him.

Bellamy is a strange one. Can't make my mind up if he would come and if he's past it.

Santa cruz has had one good season in his entire career. You are right about Adebayor. And bellamy is a prick

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.