Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Newport Friendly

• Moderators

Is that aimed at OC?

Its obviously him who decides what friendlies to play.

It's aimed at the nameless fuckwit who lined us up with a game against a non-league team 2 weeks before the start of the season.

If it was aimed at OC it would say so, I don't do frilly vague posts.

OC certainly has a say but categorically he doesn't draw up the pre-season fixtures himself on top of everything else. It will be some 2 bob cunt that's done more harm than good.

It's aimed at the nameless fuckwit who lined us up with a game against a non-league team 2 weeks before the start of the season.

If it was aimed at OC it would say so, I don't do frilly vague posts.

OC certainly has a say but categorically he doesn't draw up the pre-season fixtures himself on top of everything else. It will be some 2 bob cunt that's done more harm than good.

I disagree, it seems too much of a coincidence to me that we have played teams who OC mates manage including Bradfor and Newport County. Its hardly like he has been told he has to drag his team across to Asia for a friendly tournament to bring a few quid in

OC quote - "im good friends with Newport Manager Anthony Hudson"

link - http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/General/0,,1004~2405684,00.html

I personally would have prefered us to play championship / league 1 opposition such as Phil Browns Preston but I can appreciate that OC was probably doing his mate a favour much like we would like OC's mate AVB to do us a favour and lend us Sturridge.

I disagree, it seems too much of a coincidence to me that we have played teams who OC mates manage including Bradfor and Newport County. Its hardly like he has been told he has to drag his team across to Asia for a friendly tournament to bring a few quid in

link - http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/General/0,,1004~2405684,00.html

I personally would have prefered us to play championship / league 1 opposition such as Phil Browns Preston but I can appreciate that OC was probably doing his mate a favour much like we would like OC's mate AVB to do us a favour and lend us Sturridge.

only seen the tackle on you tube not the same as being there i know but the tackle dosnt seem that bad. im as gutted as the rest of you but it could be just a complete accident

• Members

Didn't seem too reckless a tackle to me. It was clearly a foul, but not one which had players from either side confronting each other with their handbags.

Gutted to learn Chungy will be out for most the season. Why are we fielding ?5m players against non-league teams? Was surprised when Cahill came on towards the end.

Some Newport fan said their chap has a reputation for rash tackles, he picked up a few yellows and a red in quick succession after signing for them in the second half of last season.

For what it's worth we were a class above and must have had 65%+ posssession. Their goal was something out of nothing. Blake was OK in the midfield areas, but when he's our only forward on the pitch it's a worrying sign. We didn't look like scoring once Klasnic was subbed.

Didn't seem too reckless a tackle to me. It was clearly a foul, but not one which had players from either side confronting each other with their handbags.

Gutted to learn Chungy will be out for most the season. Why are we fielding ?5m players against non-league teams? Was surprised when Cahill came on towards the end.

Some Newport fan said their chap has a reputation for rash tackles, he picked up a few yellows and a red in quick succession after signing for them in the second half of last season.

For what it's worth we were a class above and must have had 65%+ posssession. Their goal was something out of nothing. Blake was OK in the midfield areas, but when he's our only forward on the pitch it's a worrying sign. We didn't look like scoring once Klasnic was subbed.

You are joking???? 3,20 in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OJoWe8B2cw

Id bloody well hope so against a non fucking league side. Waste of time match, serves no purpose apart fromt fitness. Cant learn much playing against such a shite side

Watching that

Not a great tackle

But

Chungy pushed it quite a way ahead of himself and it was there to be won

Not saying it wasn't a foul

But that's not assault and battery or owt

Unlucky

Maybe unwise to be playing that opposition but that could have been any player for me

Move on

Shit happens

All from that camera angle of course

Watching that

Not a great tackle

But

Chungy pushed it quite a way ahead of himself and it was there to be won

Not saying it wasn't a foul

But that's not assault and battery or owt

Unlucky

Maybe unwise to be playing that opposition but that could have been any player for me

Move on

Shit happens

All from that camera angle of course

Looked very similar to the Johnny Evans lunge against Stu...

Guest Blixa

Looked very similar to the Johnny Evans lunge against Stu...

...and therein lies the absolute bottom line. A stray/bad challenge can happen against any team at any level. We didn't have 6 players stretchered off, we had one. I'm as gutted as anyone, but to blame us playing Newport isn't necessarily the right line to take. It might well have happened in the Prem a week after the transfer deadline.

It was a player badly mistiming a tackle and one of our players copping for it. It happens regularly in top-level football. We have to move on and get on with it ahead of the new season. There is at least time to get someone in as cover and hope the recovery is shorter tham currently being quoted.

• Moderators

link - http://www.bwfc.co.u...2405684,00.html

A throw away comment like that doesn't show OC arranged the fixtures, he will know most managers in this country in some capacity. He'll be mates with LOTS of them, especially in Scotland. The Newport manager isn't a friend of Owen's from their playing days, he may well know him but that's all.

The point remains, on the day Leicester City were playing host to Real Madrid, we shouldn't have been on the same pitch as players that have NEVER played a single game at any standard. The Conference is renound as a tough league where not much football is played, Chris Eagles was complaining about being kicked around in the Championship! If we'd drawn Newport in a cup, this isn't the team we'd have put out. We had nothing to gain and everything to lose, OC has gone very quiet, he knows we fucked up.

Guest bwfcdan

If a bolton player had made that tackle would you still think the same.

In a friendly? Yes. Against Scum in the league? World class tackle, won the ball.

• Moderators

Do the clubs bother with Health & Safety Risk Assessments beforehand or Root Cause Analysis when something goes wrong like this? Or are they accepted as part and parcel, even when they aren't?

Do the clubs bother with Health & Safety Risk Assessments beforehand or Root Cause Analysis when something goes wrong like this? Or are they accepted as part and parcel, even when they aren't?

The latter, Carlos ......... as I'm sure you know.

Like I said elsewhere, there's more risk playing sides several levels lower - their players aren't at the same speed of thought or action ........ the point you made above.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.