Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sayings That Get On Yer Tits

Did he wear Colin Hunt jumpers?

Anyhow,he can't be as bad the manager of one of the mills I used to have to go to in deepest darkest Yorkshire (Cross Hills).

His two favourite sayings, which he used to blurt out spontaneously were:

We're not far off reet.

Appen as maybe.

Sounds as if the bloke used them annoyingly the phrases themselves are the type of local dialect that should be cherished in the relentless attack from Estuary English and McEnglish.

see you dreckly

• Site Supporter

We've got to take the positives....

Try the electrode type with 240 volts flowing through it, tossers.

Job descriptions...

Liase with partners, user groups... CAN YOU TALK TO PEOPLE?

Valuing diversity... IF YOU DON'T GO OVERBOARD ON EVERY TOM DICK AND HARRY THAT DOESN'T HAVE WHITE SKIN THEN YOU'RE A RACIST.

Prioritise work load... AVOID CHAT FORUMS.

The list goes on

• Site Supporter

I'll learn you... No you fucking imbecile, "i will teach" Same applies to 'can you borrow me...' the word is lend and the answer will be no as you are clearly too think to have it!

Why is it that, when somebody is criticising the intelligence of others, they ALWAYS make a mistake?

1000th post, its taken me a while but I got there in end, maybe if I'd given it 110% FFS

Given it 110%, you can't give more than a 100% of anything, that saying really gets on my tits & often bandied about by football pundits and commentators alike. Scott Parker gave it 110% today, no he f***ing didn't.

1000th post, its taken me a while but I got there in end, maybe if I'd given it 110% FFS

Given it 110%, you can't give more than a 100% of anything, that saying really gets on my tits & often bandied about by football pundits and commentators alike. Scott Parker gave it 110% today, no he f***ing didn't.

it's like the "top, top player" fashion

better than a top player

• Site Supporter

I beg to differ.

If you bought something for a quid and sold it on for 5 quid you have made a profit of 400%.

• Site Supporter

That is only for mathematics only though such as improper fractions.

Tis all about context and a person can't give more than 100% effort.

Oh sorry, I missed where the original poster said you can't have more than 100% of anything except in mathematics.:nea:

Besides, if everything on WW was only ever taken in the context it was meant it'd be the most boring site in the world. As it is, out of context is often the most humerous.

Edited by MickyD

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.