Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Swiped From Stoke City Board

MickyD

• Site Supporter

To be fair to the ref, the rules say that he has to give the red card. I can't disagree either, he was booting the hell out of a teenager on the ground. Lengthy ban for me - clearly a nutjob.

bollocks to that..

Someone tries to attack you.. its Human nature to retaliate..

he flying kicked him from behind

In which case he deserved to be smacked. Fair play.

However, the rules still remain that violent behaviour "towards another player, official or anyone else" will result in a red card. I can see why AZ, the keeper and the fans were annoyed, but I guarantee that EVERY Ajax fan in the stadium was shouting for the red card, and we'd all be the same if an opposition keeper starting kicking a Bolton fan while he was down in a game against our lads.

• Site Supporter

Yes, I'm being serious.

shows it at the end.. fan runs at him with a kick, its only by chance the keeper turns round and fan misses otherwise could have been a career ending injury.

tbf, the keeper was kicking the guy in the legs.. more effective places to kick when a mans down, if you want to injure

• Site Supporter

In which case he deserved to be smacked. Fair play.

However, the rules still remain that violent behaviour "towards another player, official or anyone else" will result in a red card. I can see why AZ, the keeper and the fans were annoyed, but I guarantee that EVERY Ajax fan in the stadium was shouting for the red card, and we'd all be the same if an opposition keeper starting kicking a Bolton fan while he was down in a game against our lads.

thats excellent bait

Don't think the 'keeper did himself any favours by kicking the guy on the ground with his boots on. That said he probably wasn't expecting to be assaulted. I think the ref was right for what it's worth, he's a professional footballer and he should know better. If the guy was on his feet and throwing punches at him, it would be a different matter.